One of the best kept secrets in Cigars today

jar

Joined Feb 2003
351 Posts | 0+
Texas
Tampa Sweethearts.

That sure sounds like something you'd find behind the counter in your local Rexall, you know, five to the pack a flavor like a cough drop. But the reality is far different.

Tampa Sweetheart is a cigar store with one major difference. It's run by an old gentleman, and I do mean Gentleman in every way, named Art Fuente. Yup, that's correct, Art as in Arturo, Fuente. This is Art, Jr, now retired from the comapny and running his own retail shop and mail order company from the very buliding where it all started.

Over the years I've bought many a cigar from him. It's not unusual to call and have Mr. Fuente himself answer the phone. In addition to the best of the Fuente line, he has a few of his own favorites that are made just for him and available nowhere else.

The Tampa Sweetheart line is actually the Fuente apprentice cigars. These will not be as beautifully rolled as those that carry the Fuente ring, but the tobacco, while not the highest grade, is still exceptional. For cigars to take to the Golf Course or for a day in the field, they can't be beat.

The Flor de Ybor are another story. These are wonderful cigars, some of the best I've ever found and certainly the equal of many that cost far more. I particularly like the 80s, Toros and 85s.

You can check out the Tampa Sweethearts at http://www.tampasweetheart.com/1.html

Well jents, I'm not much on smoken those cigars ever sence that awful Mr. Clinton called Monica limpbiscutsky his tampa sweetheart. But you have to admit he did have a few noval ways of useing them big old green stogies.