Opinions and recommendations

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Armpit of the world....Al Asad, Iraq
This is for the experienced Qban smokers....

Since I'm a novice in this particular area of cigars.

In your opinion, what is the best mild, med, med/full and full Qban cigar?

I myself would love this info.
I would also like to know whick ones are spicey?
Hope you dont mind me jumping in DD

Guys,

I am going to leave this for now, but be careful. this is walking a fine line. Please no discussion on Price, where to get them and such.

That's not my intention.

I would just like to know what the pro's suggestions are, that's all.

I am fairly new myself. I know the Robaina's are popular , as well as the ERDM Choix. I like the Monte #2's and any Punch. I will be diving into the subject a little deeper when I get my cabinet at bonus time at work (April). My Top 3 to Try will be the Ramon Allones Special Select (RASS), ERDM Choix Supreme, and something from La Gloria Cubana.

I think the Monte #2's are an excellent medium stick. my ISOM experience in very limited so I don't have much to compare it to. Personally I like the Upmann 2. A little more full bodied stick, but yet it's still easy on the palate.

Monte 4's are a great place to start. Maybe a Romeo and Juliet. Its been a while since I have had one.

Partagas Serie D. No. 4 nice and spicy--great for the Opus lover
El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme--complex and balanced, lots of earthy and tobacco flavors
Cohiba Sublime--simply the best cigar I've ever had, complex with chocolate and coffee flavors
Bolivar Royal Corona--a bit more subtle with hints of cocoa bean and coffee
Cohiba Siglo I--a quick smoke with honey and wood flavors
Montecristo 4--the best-selling Habano, mild to medium with sweet wood and coffee flavors
Romeo Y Julieta Short Churchill---mild to medium bodied, lots of wood with hints of nuts and earthy spices, a good daily smoke

Bolivar's quality has improved significantly over the past few years.
Montecristos seems to have better consistency with the move to the H. Upmann factory

Just my 0.02

chrisguinther said:
El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme--complex and balanced, lots of earthy and tobacco flavors
Cohiba Sublime--simply the best cigar I've ever had, complex with chocolate and coffee flavors
Montecristo 4--the best-selling Habano, mild to medium with sweet wood and coffee flavors
Romeo Y Julieta Short Churchill---mild to medium bodied, lots of wood with hints of nuts and earthy spices, a good daily smoke

Now thats some good info

Also, three sizes of Cohiba Maduros will be coming out, probably in Feb. at the Habanos Festival. Expect these cigars to generate higher ratings than the Siglo line IMHO.

chrisguinther said:

Bolivar's quality has improved significantly over the past few years.
Montecristos seems to have better consistency with the move to the H. Upmann factory

Just my 0.02

EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Thanks, brother!