Padilla Robusto Maduro

Joined Oct 2005
2K Posts | 1+
Lost in translation
Last night I had a Padilla Maduro Robusto. The cigar was firm in hand and had no soft spots what so ever. It had no sheen or oils present on the wrapper that was dark chocolate in color with a couple of small veins. I clipped the head with my plastic double guillotine and noticed a good draw. The pre light draw had fermented taste to it that some maduro's have. The openning of this cigar was pretty good. It had a cocoa powder taste with a smooth velvety finish. Then the maduro flavour came, but kinda of too much maduro, an almost menthol like quality to it. This cigar had a wrapper that in my opinion had been fermented too much. It went over what it should have been. It was not dark like a cao brazilia, but had a medicinal quality to it. The burn was very good until the last 2 inches in which it needed minor corrections, but no big deal. The cigar was smooth the whole way through and never got hot or bitter. I burned it to about an inch and a half left at which time I had deceided that I had had enought and was done. Overall a good cigar from the burn and draw qualities, but the taste was a little off for me. I would probably smoke another to see if there was any difference; but I would not buy them again.

3 out of 6 smoke rings