• Romeo Y Julieta, any

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Joined Jan 2008
9 Posts | 0+
Camp Lejeune, NC
I am surprised that there is no traffic on, in my opinion, of the best cigars ever made. My judgement is not made on hype, ratings, price etc; some of my favorite cigars range from but not limited to the Gurkha Shaggy, Arturo Fuente Don Carlos, Romeo Y Julieta Reserve Maduro, Rocky Patel Edge, and Padron 3000.
The Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro is my favorite from the series followed by the Monarca Maduro because they smoke for a time period that allows me to enjoy a full cigar without getting hounded by the wife to come home or more importantly the guilt of letting a cigar go unfinished. I love everything about this series: the inviting bouquet, the amazing aroma, an even burn, consistency in quality, the delicious flavor, perfect texture, etc. This is the only cigar that I can enjoy with any beverage, at anytime, anywhere and not have a problem.

I would have to say of all the N/C cigars that are out there; I have enjoyed the Padron 1964 maduro line the best. Don Pepin is coming close; but he has not hit on a maduro that I love yet; I and I love a good maduro.

I don't know that I have smoked as many cigars as others have, but after 25 years of smoking cigars, I've had a few. I used to really enjoy the sweetness of a good, black, oscuro maduro. I don't seem to find the same pleasure in those black maduros that I used to derive from them, I look for more complexity than many offer.

That being said (remember, that this is only my own personaly tastes, and tastes are as varied as there are people), I do find I enjoy lighter maduros, the complexity and flavor doesn't seem as obscured by overwhelming sweetness as in an oscuro.

That being said, the Padron '64 maduro (especially the Exclusivo & Torpedo sizes) is my all-time favorite cigar. I only wish they were a bit less expensive, but they are a great treat. As an added bonus, I love a box-pressed cigar.

Todd