Padron 2000

Joined Feb 2006
285 Posts | 0+
I just lit one up and threw it away about 1/4 of the way through it. It had a black pepper/spice flavor too it, but in a bad way. Was very bitter and harsh. Ash was grey to black. I have never had a bad padron before this one. Course the others were 1926 and 1964's. Any one else have xp with the cheaper padrons?

I powerd throught the first little bit and found that it was quit a nice smoke. Thje one that I had was a little tight on the draw but turned out not to bad. I will smoke the ones that I have, but won't go looking for more.

I hate it when that happens. I swear by the Padron Maduro. I smoked a 4000 last week that I loved too. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Try a quick nasil rinse to get that nasty taste outta your mouth. :D

foodislife said:
I hate it when that happens. I swear by the Padron Maduro. I smoked a 4000 last week that I loved too. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Try a quick nasil rinse to get that nasty taste outta your mouth. :D
Again, with the nasil rinse. You would think you own stock on saline solution. :wink:

I agree with you food. I was rinsing and scrubbing the old choppers for a bit after that one. It is so beautiful here in N. TX. today I had to smoke another. This time a 1926 maduro. Kind of sucked though because the first one kind ruined the second one. Oh well. It's a new day tomarrow, and damnit I am going to the shop and get me some BTL's and Anejos :D . That will make up for today I am sure.

Sorry to hear about that Padron. I've never had a bad Padron, but then again, I've only smoked the Delicias size. My 3000's and 4000's are resting in my humis about 5 months now.

I have only ever had a couple of Padron and they were both 2000's, no complaints here. Also I absolutely never let a bad smoke ruin the next one I blaze, if anything a bad smoke followed by a great one makes me appreciate the good stick all the more.

Doc-T, be sure to let us know how those age when you do decide to break into them, I am curious.

I haven't had any bad experiences. They probably need to rest longer than than you're probably letting them.

Unfortunately, you will find bad smokes from time to time. I love Partagas Spanish Rosado and have had several “go bad” on me. Mostly they have had a hard draw and some have turned bitter. I would say out of a box I will have two or three bad ones. The only brand that I have smoked regularly that has not gone bad on me would be Punch. The Punch Grand Puro is an excellent smoke. As is the Rare Corojo. And the Grand Cru line.