padron like cigars

Joined Mar 2005
1K Posts | 0+
Hilton Head, SC
i know this may be a repeat post but what cigars can i buy that taste similar to padron? i am always looking for new cigars and padron is my favorite. i love a good leather, coffee taste.

I think Malone is the man to ask on this one. He loves padron and has been on the search for alternate smokes for the past few weeks.

My favorite cigar is Padron 3000.
I have yet to find an equal but some are very close.
Here are some I have tried and enjoy smoking.
Sancho Panza Double Maduro Cervantes 6.50X48.
Sol Cubano Maduro 7x50.
I prefer box pressed or torpedos.
I am anxious to try the Sol Cubano Maduro Torpedo. At $75 a box- this could be the answer.
I always have a box of El Rey Del Mundo Rectangulare ( box pressed 5.62x45) in my humidor. This is not a Padron like taste, but I like it and smoke about 15 a month.Everything about this cigar is right. Priced under $3 each.Firm to the touch with a great burn and draw.Smoking time is longer than one would expect from a cigar this length and size.Never hot, never harsh,never amonia,never a plug.I've even smoked it outside on windy days- no problem.
I recently purchased a five pack of El Rey Robusto Larga 6.00x54.
The first one smoked was great until the amonia hit about 1/2 way.
When this happens- I'm done.I'm letting the other four rest a month and will try them again.
I'm constantly trying new Pardon like cigars and have stopped buying five packs-you know where I used to get them.If I don't like the cigar- what do I do with the other four.I use Cigar.com for singles.Then I'll re-order maybe 5.Then I'm into boxes.
In closing,I'd love to be able to afford the Padron 1926 & 1964's- I've never tried one- they are out of my price range.$25 and upward is unreasonable for any non-cuban cigar.I always find a way to have a couple Cubans in my box.Typically my favorite Cubans are the Monte #2, Romeo Julietta Belicoso, Hoya Double Corona but a real sleeper that few talk about is the Sancho Panza Belicoso 5 1/2 x 52.Smoked them for a couple of days in St. Martins two winters ago.
Malone
Malone