Partagas 160

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 1+
I just bought 2 - :shock: Not cheap.
The 150 were a good smoke also expensive.
Nice presentation!
I was going to stash one away for a few years -
I guess they were just released?

I believe the thing has a 27yo cameroon wrapper. My local shop had to send several back because the wrapper was so fragile it would break when people touched them. He now has a sign on them, "DO NOT TOUCH, unless you are buying them". LOL. I would rather pay 25 bucks for a padron anniversary myself, but you are the master here CC.

I read somewhere that it is the same wrapper supposedly found in 1977 in a warehouse in Madrid, and used for the original 150 series. I think the filler and binder are different, of course, that's what would make it a different cigar. :roll: If true about the wrapper, then at 29 it would definitely be extremely delicate.

I went on a rash of buying Macanudo Vintage 1984's in the summer of '99, when I found a great price on them. A friend of mine and I decided to age the last box, paid for by him, until 2009, so that we'd have it for ten additional years. By that time, they will also only be in the hands of collectors, long gone from the market, and should command a much greater price. We are not by any means, recommending or implying that we did this for investment purposes, just for kicks really, but it should sell on eBay for a lot more than he paid.

Nonetheless, with the wrapper now being 22 years old, they are very delicate, and with just the normal and very careful rotating, as well as unavoidable humidity changes through the years, there is some damage evident on a few of the 20 cigars, which are being stored in my Desk Top II.

My local B & M has a few in stock as well. The owner raves about them, but the price is keeping me away. I think I'd rather buy an Opus or a Padron Anniversary as well. I did pick up, however, a couple La Flor Dominicana Factory Press. These sticks look fantastic with a beautiful chocolate color.

Bloofington said:
I read somewhere that it is the same wrapper used for the original 150 series. .

I only heard this part :roll:

Some of the 150 were (are) really expensive (close to $100)
and some were 1/5th of that - I never did find out why or what the difference is???

I did find the 150 to have wrapper problems 10 years ago!

Actually, I need to correct something I said earlier. The wrapper is 1977 vintage, and was found in 1995 in a warehouse in Madrid.

I have smoked a few. Nice cigar if you like cameroon but the flavor is very mellow and the cigar is not edgy. Definately some aged attributes to the smoke, but if you are looking for something deep and rich, you may be dissapointed.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a box, of 10 tubos. My shop got in a few boxes, all numbered. When I get it I will post pics.