Joined Feb 2006
2K Posts | 3+
Kelvin's House
"One person asks a question:
"Who wants to be my Amback Mooch?"
the first person to answer;
"I'll be your Amback Mooch!" - Wins

The person that asked the question then sends the winner
3 cigars. (not crap but not gold either)

OK how about we use the 2X2 rule from now on?

If you win - you wait no more than 2 days to ask the question &
You wait 2 weeks before trying to win again.

It seems it could take awhile to win, but being around for awhile
gives the new guys a chance to read, watch & learn."

For the new members of the board, Please read the rules. It is very important that you understand them. This thread is set up to be able to try some great cigars, and also earn some trade rep. if there are any questions please PM Kelvin or myself.

I hope everybody can have some fun

As far as I know it's still my turn to ask "The Question".

I could, of course, do this right now. But... nah.

Guys. this is not a new game, but a continuation of the last. Zandor was the mooch so it is his question to ask. I did change things a bit. I changed the fact that it is TWO days to ask the question and only a TWO week wait between moochs.

same PIF - different rules.

i just hope some newbies get their butts in here so they can try some new stuff.

golfcigarjunkie said:
when does one stop being a "newbie"?
I dunno. It doesn't really matter as far as the game goes. I'm just taunting people as per PIF tradition.

BTW, I'll be on and off all day. I need to do laundry, so I'll be stuck at home. I generally just do all of it at once every couple of weeks, so I have to run 4 loads through one set of machines, which tends to take a while.

That's a good question, Don. In my mind I am still a newbie - I am still learning so much from others on the forum.

I know that we all want newer folks to take the PIF - we all need to be patient and let it happen naturally. We all need to remember that we were newbies once - they will get involved like we are now. I don't mean to preach here - but i think we should just relax and not worry too much about who takes it.

I feel like the PIF & Fun + Games threads are a kinda blind pass with a couple twists added in.

I always kinda figured people quit being newbies once they got a basic handle on things. Kevin, I don't think I'd call you a newbie... Your post count is way to high! On the few other (mostly technical, Who wants to be my amback mooch?, etc.) boards I hang out on, newbie (often spelled "noob") is sometimes used as a derogatory term meaning "clueless", "dumb", or "inexperienced", so I guess I'm just not used to moderators claiming to be newbies. Some places calling a moderator a noob would get you banned pretty fast.

My post count is going along fine. I am still a newbie. I have a basic understanding but I am on a quest to try every cigar made.

If Kevin is a newbie, then I guess I am just a plain old Mook who loves to smack the new guys around!! LOL!!

Now....is there a question in the air?????

Man, if only I was able!!!

I have always wanted to be an AM back mooch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.