Payback Suggestions, Please. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
Okay, with my life falling apart all around me, including my health, it's the end of the worst year of my life, but it appears that $ will allow me to restock for payback. That payback would be delivered to about a dozen or so people, mostly from here and the HCF, whose kindness to me has been wonderful, and it's high time I paid back.

So, the reason I come here is just for some last-minute shopping advice, and a more immediate type, an off the cuff sort of feedback, than what I've gotten from reading, searching and participating in past discussions. So many of you are far more "up" on what's new and what people like than I am, and a few days worth of your opinions and likes will help me restock my humidors in preparation for packages I hope to be sending out soon. I have a good idea what's hot and what's not, but there's nothing like the enthusiastic discussion and helpfulness that can occur on these forums when a topic gets going.

Thank you all in advance. Wishing you all The Lord's blessings and lots of football, college and pro, this holiday season. :D

Whew, what a relief!

When I saw the title "Payback Time" I thought you were trying to get some ideas for spiteful revenge against people you didn't like.

I was warming up to hit you with "Vengence is mine, I will repay says the Lord" and "As much as it is within your power live at peace with all men." I think the second quote is around Romans 12:18 and the other may be in the same area. (I'm away from home and don't have a Bible at hand.)

Anyway, I'm much relieved.

I certainly can't help you in the "cigars and spirits" area since I have no familarity with either.

I wish you a much happier 2007 than your experiences in 2006.
:D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Bloofington. I am sorry to hear about your troubles this year and I do hope that the coming year is a better one for you.

The Pepin Garcia, Tatuaje and JFR seem to be the "hot" cigars right now and I can attest that they are all grade A. Hope that helps you some. I will post a few more as they come to mind.

My best wishes to you.

Bloof,
Be sure YOU don't smoke ANY of the suggestions made already...

They will lay you up for about a week in bed!

If you age 'em for about hmmm, say 10 years, they ought to be tame enough for you!!

Happy Holidays to you my friend! 8)

Right, that's the idea, stuff that's wayyyy too strong for me to smoke, because these packages are all for folks who like real cigars, not like me, a consummate smoker of Girly Man cigars. Ten years aging sounds about right. Thanks to all for the well wishes and suggestions.

Bloof, hang in there. I know what it's like to have the world fall apart all around. Trust me! I really do know! "Been there, done that" sort of thing.

Make the most of 2006, and 2007 will be a better year.

Doc-T

I hear ya, Doc. This is "been there, done that" for the umpteenth time for me. I mean, when three or four of the past five or six years have been the worst year of my life, what's the big deal?

:cryinlaugh: :rotflmao: :pumpkin:

Bloofington said:
I hear ya, Doc. This is "been there, done that" for the umpteenth time for me. I mean, when three or four of the past five or six years have been the worst year of my life, what's the big deal?

:cryinlaugh: :rotflmao: :pumpkin:

That means that two of those years weren't all that bad right? I've been there and done that as well, I just made a post in the "thank you guys" thread that mentioned my past troubles with drug and alcohol dependency. The one thing I have learned since being clean and sober is that nothing lasts forever, good and bad.

Keep your head up Bloof and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Bloof, I wish you all the best at this wonderfull season. I hope that 2007 comes through for you brother, it sounds like you have earned it!!

As for cigars, Cusano 18 comes to mind, a joy to buy and a joy to recieve. God bless you brother!!

Ahhhhh, Cusano 18, that's the one I was trying to think of. Okay, I think I've got it. Going to search around and see what prices I can come up with. There's still time for suggestions, and thank you very much again to all.

Okay, as usual, it gets a bit confusing. There is the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut and Cusano 18 Paired Maduro. Which one is favored most by the folks here? Also, what do you folks think of Camacho Corojo, Punch Rare Corojo, Bolivar Fuerte, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte, Camacho Coyolar Puro, and I've also come across two different Pepin Garcia's, one of which is called Pepin Garcia JJ. I think if I limit my choices to two of the above brands, a box of 20-25 each, along with what I've got in my humidors to offer right now, I believe I'll have good fodder for "payback."

As Richard N. Hughes, president of WPIX-11 TV used to say, back when I was young, . . .

"what's your opinion, we'd like to know?" Of course, he was talking about subway fare hikes, land usage, etc. :D

My vote:
Cusano 18 Paired Maduro
Camacho Coyolar Puros (get the Perfectos Bloofy!)

8)

Y'know, that's the way I was leaning, getting both of those. Thanks rmrdaddy, I'm sure they'll go over well, if not for the people who will wind up with them, as good trade fodder. It shows I did my Cigar.com forum reading well :D , because I'm thinking right in line with you guys. I'll probably wind up buying them from Cigar.com, too. Thanks again to all.

I'll be on line consistently starting tomorrow afternoon until Tuesday, but I'm sure most of you won't, so thanks again, and God bless you all.

Okay, I'm looking at Cigar.com, because so far I've checked three of my other favorite web sites, and Cigar.com is the only one that has both, although I'm looking at the Super Toros on the Camacho Coyolar Puros. They're only 25 bucks or so more than the Perfecto No. 1's. The availability in my account is a wee bit under what I need for a box of both, but it looks like Cigar.com will be getting an order for a box of both from me next week, as soon as I can get a few more bucks in my account.

I've got to say, I've done a good bit of research throughout the night, from my own computer at home, a friend's in Queens, where I stopped to check on her two cats, and now at work. Cigar.com's prices go head up against anyone else's. :thumbsup: :rock: :wine:

Hey Ya Bloof - Just wanted to wish you better days ahead. The uncertainty factor is what's chompin at my bit ! Through it all, be safe, wise & thanks for those very early AM episodes of humor, when I couldn't sleep ! Woe ! My 1AM is your 4 ? !!
:rotflmao: :cryinlaugh: :santa:

~ May the Lord thrive in your being ~

Thank you, blusteel. The "uncertainty factor" is all over my life, that's for sure, and yes, your 0100 hours is indeed, my 0400. :D

Bloof,,, I have had your times also brother. Health business,, family etc. It can get very hard to understand sometimes.

Here is something that has helped ME along the way. It is read everyday, sometimes twice.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann c.1920

Ahhhhh yes, Desiderata, shades of 35 years ago, when someone made its recital into what became a hit song on the radio. I really appreciate it, and if it weren't for Bible study, I'd probably think of it more. I have no lack of understanding at all as to why things such as what have happened in my life do happen, but the comfort of caring people such as those who have reached out to me, as well as your post being the latest, pbburner is monumental. I truly appreciate it. I happen to know Desiderata almost by heart, and wouldn't you know it, for the past month or so, as the cracks have begun to show in me, have found myself reflecting on it many times, reaching back 35 years to find that I still remembered it, or at least most of it.

Thank you very much for the post, pbburner, and may The Lord bless you and your household forever. Very nice, very much appreciated, and very interesting that you should come up with it, especially at such a time when harking back to the wisdom of Desiderata, added to my daily prayers and resolve in The Lord, has been helping me through. Thanks again.

:D :thumbsup: :wine: :cheers: :thumbsup:

It is, in and of itself, quite Biblical in its wisdom and for anyone who is not familiar with Desiderata, I recommend you save this thread to reflect back on it. :D

Wow, just saw your avatar!!! Raul Julia really said that, huh? More wisdom of the ages!!! :wine: