Pick of the Week!

Joined May 2007
38 Posts | 0+
Studio City, CA
Well, heres another great coffee that I was given last week well entertaining some friends.

Cafe' Bustelo, Expresso Coffee. I was given a 10oz can, yes a can, right off the store shelf. Not my preference, but I can bend/change a little :lol: I went to their web site @ http://www.javacabana.com and found out that it's Cuban Coffee. It's strong and full bodied with very distinct flavors. I opened the can and the aroma was wafting. I walked around the house and put the can in front of anyone I could find and said "you have to smell this. My 9 yr.old said "dad, get that thing out of my face", my wife said "wheres my cup". Anyway, It's a Dark Roast, perfect for Expresso, Demi-tasse, Capp. and Iced coffee (right off the label), I put it to all four test's and yes I agree, it's a perfect little find. About $5- for 10oz. can, and well worth every penny.

It's now a staple in the house!

Vincent :shock:

It's also been a staple in an overwhelming number of NYC Puerto Rican households for at least the past 40 years. It's definitely an eye opener, and a bold, rich tasting cup of coffee.

I knew nothing about this coffee, I mean nothing. So any intel on this brand is welcomed. :shock:

Vincent

Unfortunately, I couldn't give you any more than what I did. I grew up watching people drink it, always saw a can at the home of any relative I visited, and drank some myself, even as a young kid. It was a frequent topic of discussion among my Puerto Rican relatives as well. I always enjoyed the taste, even in milk with sugar. It's quite possible that early episodes with Bustelo contributed to my love of coffee as an adult.

I'm enjoying a fresh French Press of Colombian Supremo roasted by Oren's as we speak. It's an "old reliable" for me, Colombian Supremo, with a classic coffee flavor that I never tire of.

One very interesting thing, and new to me, was the origin of Bustelo beans. I find that rather incredible, and am looking to do more research on that, so thanks for the link. Can't go wrong with a can of Bustelo.