pipe smokers?

Joined Jan 2006
752 Posts | 0+
Kansas City
I know of at least a couple of you who smoke a pipe as well as cigars... I have receintly taken up the pipe myself, and have to say it is a completely different smoking experiece for me. The taste and aroma is quite different from cigars as is the smoking pace. Anyway, I was just wondering how many of our members here are also enjoying their pipe in addition to cigars?
~S

I smoke, I have a collection of about 40 some pipes, and about 24 blends of tobacco.

Hey, Capt... you and Vince were the "two" that I knew about..... 40 Pipes?... maybe I can't afford to get hooked on another hobby...lol. I am still trying to get a handle on filling and lighting the bloody thing so it doesn't keep going out all the time.... a newbie once again...
~S

At the recommendation of someone on this list, I picked up a few corn cob pipes and some pipe tobaco and tried it out. I've got a long way to go to get it down, but I did enjoy the aroma.
-D

Spider66 said:
Hey, Capt... you and Vince were the "two" that I knew about..... 40 Pipes?... maybe I can't afford to get hooked on another hobby...lol. I am still trying to get a handle on filling and lighting the bloody thing so it doesn't keep going out all the time.... a newbie once again...
~S

PM sent.

avgeek said:
At the recommendation of someone on this list, I picked up a few corn cob pipes and some pipe tobaco and tried it out. I've got a long way to go to get it down, but I did enjoy the aroma.
-D

Hehe, guilty as charged :D I have some of those too...great low cost way to try it out, and smoke pretty good from a newbie point of view. After smoking cigars a while now, I decided to try the pipe again as well. Hope you stick with it...I need someone else on here to learn the ropes with....lol
~S

I also smoke a pipe on occasion but still have yet to master packing as well. It is a nice way not to waste a cigar and definitely cheaper. Of course I don't have 40 pipes...

I tried pipe smoking, but I don't think it's for me.
I got the lighting part down, I even got the "the best smoke is when the pipe is kept just about to go out" part. I just can't get the "taste" part.

All the tobacco I've tried is so weak (including some supposedly really potent cavendish -- the strongest in the shop, sayeth the tobaccanist), that I can't tell if I've gotten any smoke or not. I even tried inhaling it, and couldn't tell there was smoke in my lungs if it didn't come out when I exhaled.

Maybe I just don't "get it".

Smokepole, you should try some English blends. I have some that are guaranteed to knock you on your a$$.