Poor man's humidor

Excellent! Thank you. The A-Z of one of the most frequently discussed subjects in cigar chat rooms around the world. Thanks again, B.

Absolutely awesome reference. Thanks! That sounds like a good cheep way to store boxes.

Am I sensing any sarcasm coming from your direction again Bloof?
At least Gyrepin is thankful. try it sometime.

Anyways, I am one of those people who likes to make stuff like for themselves like this and not pay $100 for somehting I can make for under $30 . . . Ill get some pics on what I got brewing over here once i get the acrylic on it :) Its made of pine wood(FREE from my garage)... finished with "aged oak" (FREE), Top coat(FREE) Foam to seal it(FREE) and yea it will work too. It actually will be waterproof, I may go get some ceder to mess with for a "real" humidor. Thermo/Hygro $20 at radioshack (digital), Wet floral foam $2, Propylene Glycol...( I need help finding this!!!!) I May just go to my loacal Tobacco Road (thats wher ei get my sticks) and see if they sell any 50/50. Distilled water $.99 /gallon. TOTAL: $23 + cigars...if i want to go way low i woudlnt get a hygro... and just rely on the PG doing its job... but oh well. any comments?

I thought I cleared that up with my reply on the other post. I was quite surprised that you would think that, and that's why I went out of my way to post it to make absolutely sure there were no misunderstandings or hard feelings. Perhaps you didn't see it. Now you're back with a hard core accusation of sarcasm that I never even expressed. If you are a poster from another web site that I occupied for three and a half years that has a beef with me, you should either state it out loud or send me a PM.

Just to be perfectly clear, I don't know why you took offense to my reference to the old Doobie Brothers song regarding your name, but I apologize for the fact that you did. I understand that individual sensitivities take precedence over my sense of humor, especially since I occupy a position of responsibility on this web site. Not to mention that the boss wouldn't tolerate that coming from me. If you feel as strongly as you obviously do, you should have contacted [email protected].

Again, I'm sorry for any previous misunderstandings, and for a fuller explanation see the other post. I will try to curb my irreverent sense of humor with regard to replying to your posts in the future. As to what I said in reply to your post here, I meant it. If I didn't, I would have considered it a waste of time to affirm it, especially after you seemed to misunderstand my feeble attempt at humor on the other post. However, that's not the case here. I happen to feel that you provided a comprehensive and excellent solution to a topic that IS one of the most FAQ in internet cigar chat rooms.

i think black is just having a bad day, or maybe some one just pissed on his cigars. that would make me angry too.

Dear Bloofington, all is well between us.

Considering your reply, I have taken some time to meditate and ponder on the matter of hatred and unneeded sarcasm expressed. I am taking your advice to loudly reply because you have dazzled me with your extensive vocabulary and incomparable dexterity of Word Processing, choo-choo trains, and of course, cigars. After my contemplation, I have come to a decision to express my regret by making an apology for the mistakes I allowed myself to allot.

Also, I recognize the apparent measure of your authority in dealing with this superb forum. Thus, I bow down unto your name. Your knowledge of cigars is far surpassing that of mine. I hope you except my apology; there will be no need to contact Fernando (Matt. 18:15). That is the Book of Matthew form the Bible. If you are not familiar with it, I would be delighted to enlighten you on that matter. I am fully relieved you have apologized when I “took offense to [your] reference to the old Doobie Brothers song regarding [my] name.” I am ignorant about these Doobie Brothers, being only 19, if that has relevance. Please elucidate me what this has in common pertaining to my name. My name has nothing, to my knowledge, to do with these Dookie Brothers, but it does have to do with http://www.BlackwaterUSA.com . Please visit it so that you may be informed of my true nature and life. Just as a hint: I work for the government. Blackwater was one of the many places I have been trained and have taught/assisted at. I will not go into any more detail, but I hope you get the idea. I am very ecstatic and proud of my occupation.

I took offense due to the fact that you do have such authority over me and your advanced sense of humor is overwhelming; I was intimidated due to my “individual sensitivities.” It seems you have composed many of these documents. Maybe, that is how you obtained such a position of greatness, here at AmBack, which I would never dream of reaching.

I have started this bickering due to my selfishness. Yes, I am taking responsibility for this surplus nonsense. I am genuinely repentant. Again, please acknowledge my apology, so we may start over. Please take no offense for this reply; it is only suitable for me to do this. Naturally, I will continue to provide reliable, consistent, and obviously exceptional information for this forum and for the fine people of the cigar smoking world, like ourselves. May we continue to smoke in peace.

Thank you for your conciliatory words. And of course, being only 19, it would be very unusual for you to know who The Doobie Brothers are/were. I also should not assume that when I toy with people using familiar American references, that all Americans would necessarily understand the reference. I will be 49 in the autumn, and it would be unusual for an American my age to NOT know who they were, but I should be more careful about blanket humor, and not make rash assumptions.

The Doobie Brothers were/are, a famous country rock/soul group which made their biggest mark from the early 70's to early 80's. There is a line in one of their songs that goes "Go black water, keep on rollin', Mississippi moon won't ya keep on shinin' on me."

As for the Bible, I have read it 26 times, and am currently nearing the halfway mark of my 27th reading. Those readings have been accomplished in four different English translations, although most have been in the New King James Version, my preference.

As for bowing down to my name, or my possessing any greatness I assure you, I am less than the dirt beneath your feet. If, and I say this as a Judeo-Christian since my mother is Jewish, Hitler and I are standing outside the gates of The Kingdom on Judgment Day and God pops his head out the door to say "there's only room for one left," I'd say "take him" because I believe it would be the only proper thing for me to say.

Again, thank you for your conciliatory words. For more on The Doobie Brothers, here's a link. A search will yield even more.

http://www.doobiebros.com/

Well done . . .

On a less cutthroat manner, I love conversing with other intelligent persons. Simply, it yields a good feeling about me. It presents a emotion of harmony between the two of us, in the most non homosexual manner possible. Take all that as a complement.

That is a nice quantity of impressive numbers of Bible readings. I have read it 4 times in its entirety, including 6 New Testament readings supplementary to those 4. I guess if I were also as old as the Bible itself, I could have read it that many times too.

As for the Doobie Bros . . . I’ll leave them in the dust, probably were they should be. I care less about them. The Olsen twins, on the other hand, are more my style, for obvious reasons.

For you to actually think I would bow down to you is silly but humble, none the less. At least you present a Christian posture and attitude toward your enemies as we are commanded.

I appreciate the information you provided for me about the Doobie Brothers. I hope you understand the meaning of my name. I does mean a great deal to me and others.
You remind me of a guy I met in Virginia. Here is his “life story.” Since you clearly can read, take a moment to read it, it isn’t very extensive. If you want to hear his voice, it has about a 10 second voice clip of him, while he was in the hospital.

Life of Bill Warner since his surgery
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.php

I'll check out that link when I get the chance, but remember, about this bowing down stuff, this quote is from you, not me:

"Thus, I bow down unto your name."

That's why I made sure to address the bowing down issue, because I am not worthy of anything near such, or as I said, I am less than the dirt beneath your feet.

The link is a joke... Bill Warner... made up name.... you can stil go to the link if you want a kick and some laughs. I think we have given enough time and effort to settle our useless crap. I was trying to show some sarcasm about bowing down. I assume you know what that is. I guess I shouldn't assume; it may make an ASS out of U and ME...

Already saw the link. I figured as much, but to be fair and balanced I went to it anyway. :cryinlaugh:

Hey did you know that blackwater is another name for sewage?

Hey Blackwater if you are such a straight-up-guy (I have my doubts about how much training and teaching you have done at 19 years old) They why can't you just come out and speak your mind instead of putting on this facade with all the backhanded comments?

Sounds more like a mall ninja to me than someone who has BTDT.

Either say what you have to say up front or don't say anything at all. It's a shame you spent so much time reading your bible but apparently not learning anything from it!

Ed

Hello Special Ed,
I have completed much training there and elsewhere. I do know that I have done more training (at least there at the Blackwater facilities) than most others of my age. I am prouf for that. As for the teaching, it was that of an assistance role as I noted. I was not paid nor had any authoritative role. That was made clear to me when I was asked to help. Just a guy they called back to help when needed. I am glad you have tainted what I have accomplished in my life, including my religion; it makes me feel good inside, thanks.

As I said, “Don’t ASSUME, it will make an ASS out of U and Me.” Take that advice. Your accusations and pointless statements have no backing and are ignored, but I can’t believe you sit there and tell me about backhanded comments, and then tell me it’s a shame that I spend years reading God’s word. I have apologized to Bloofington for any inappropriate comments. At least I now know why your called Special Ed.

Sincerely,
Sewage Water

To stay on the subject, Lord willing, I have completed the fabrication of my home made humidor. I was wondering how "sealed" it needs to be? Does it need to be completely air tight, which I can make it easily, or does it just need to be without amounts of air flow? Also, what is an appropriate size for a humidification device for a 9x3x3 size box?

If that is your idea of an apology you need to read your book some more.

I chose Special Ed as a joke therefore when you try to make a joke out of it, it doesn't really work does it?

Ed

I guess not. i withdraw my joke, I mean non-joke. Anyways, you got any ideas for the humidor?