PSD4

Joined Aug 2007
637 Posts | 0+
To thank CC for the smokes he sent me I said I would ty to review some of them. This is a short review as I normally take some notes but I didn't get to this time.

Date: 11/29/08
Drink: Tanz Peaberry
Light: Tourch
Cut: Punch
Stick: PSD4
Box Code: Unk

This stick only rested for a short time, it is well made, and firmly packed. By looking at the foot I am curtious to see how the draw is. After I use the puch and check the draw it is perfect. I am surprised how well it actually draws with how tightly it is packed. I then toast the foot and take my first few puffs, it is a nice a thick smoke like velvet in my mouth.
As far as flavor a light toasty flavor is it the front.

First third: The ash is firm and holds well for the first inch to inch and a half. The flavor is mostly of leather with a light toasty woody flavor in the background. the flavor is med bodied and fairly consistant for the first third. The burn is a little off but I smoke slow and I think it should have rested longer but I couldn't resist.

Second third: The ash is still holding well and the burn is the same. It picks up a bit of intensity towards the med side of med full. It now changes between the toasty woody flavor to pure leather at random. Towards the end of this third on a couple of puffs I got just a touch of spice.

Final third: This was a hard stick to put down. It continued to build in intensity and was now on the full side of med full. But as it gained strength in stayed very cool. The flavors remained constant, going back and forth from puff to puff. I did get a little bit of spice agian on occasion but mostly on the finish and just ever so slightly. Took it to the nub.

Thank you for the smoke CC it was very nice and I was looking forward to it and it was worth the wait. I think this is a must try cigar. Nice flavors, a little bit of complexity and a remained nice and cool the whole time. I hope to get some of these and let a few age to see how that goes.

Tom, thank you for the great review. PSD4s are great cigars. I need to try to do a review soon. Maybe over the holidays.

DL

I asume that by that I got what you guys are tasting as well. I always wonder if I am getting it right as I am writting it.

Thanks guys Tom

I smoked one the other day and picked up the woodsy tastes with the leather in the later part of the stick. I also picked up a bit of something sweet throughout the smoke. Loved the ample amount of smoke and the perfect draw and construction.

NJsmokey said:
I asume that by that I got what you guys are tasting as well. I always wonder if I am getting it right as I am writting it.

Thanks guys Tom

B128thopen said:
I smoked one the other day and picked up the woodsy tastes with the leather in the later part of the stick. I also picked up a bit of something sweet throughout the smoke. Loved the ample amount of smoke and the perfect draw and construction.

I agree with your tasting notes -
The subtle sweetness to me is a Black Cherry.
On well aged examples there is a vry subtle floral tone that goes along with the Cherry flavor.

GREAT REVIEW!
CC :thumbsup: