Purofino Blue Label

Joined Jun 2007
55 Posts | 0+
Wisconsin northwoods
Again, another review from 1999. Do these even appear on the market anymore? I have seen their Milenio series, but it seems as if this blend has disappeared altogether.

Robusto #2
Purofino Blue Label Robusto

1) Aesthetics: Robustos are a wonderful size, and these are oily examples of that size. The colorado claro wrapper is a bit veiny.

Score for aesthetics: 3.6

2) Pre-light Construction: These are firm, dense cigars. The light veins to these cigars, where the wrapper overlaps, gives evidence of the aging these have undergone since being rolled. It gave a slight barnyard smell, horses??

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.8

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: This cigar drew almost perfectly. One sample developed a severe run, but with the help of the Blazer, it evened out and burned well after. This cigar stayed firm and held a long dark grey ash.

Score for post-light construction: 4.0

4) Flavor and strength: This is a farily full-bodied cigars. It fills the mouth with rich, robust tobacco - there is a spicy and almost citris quality to it. As it continued, this one built in flavor and strength, getting complex and spicy.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.7

5) Aftertaste/Finish: There was a long ,lingering, heavy finish. A full tobacco flavor held with hints of spice and a pleasant earthiness.

Score for aftertaste: 4.6

6) Aroma: I know this may sound funny, but the aroma lingered of good tobacco. A heavy blue haze encircled my brow, a rich earthy aroma.

Score for aroma: 4.1

7) General Comments: Thes cigars were very consistent. Strong enough to stand up to a hearty meal of some spicy food. Definately an end of the day smoke. I would like to get some more of these. If they are plentiful, I'll tell my friends what they are.

Overall score for the cigar: 4.5

8) Recommendation: Highly Recommended
I enjoy a more full-bodied cigar, and I enjoy the robusto size as I don't usually get a lot of time for a cigar. This fits the bill - to a tee!