Question about the forum...

Joined Apr 2006
1K Posts | 2+
South Jersey
OK experts...
I'll make a confession, I've not read EVERY one of the old posts.
I find it a bit tedious to get to, oh say, page 53 of those old posts without having to PAGE THROUGH ALL THE INTERVENING PAGES :x

So, is there a shortcut that I'm missing? (just call me the SO-SO IDIOTSKI...)

I'd like to know as well RMR, when I search it gives very vague answers and the order is always preset to give you the most recent posts first, not the most relevent ones! Maybe the Mods can tell us a better way. I am also proud of my very very good internet researching skills!!!

If you know that you're looking for certain topics, you can do various types of searches, just like a regular internet search, using keywords of your choice, and even search for posts/threads by author.

You can have the searches sorted in ascending or descending order, and even specify time periods, from 1 day up to 1 year, by topic, author, date, etc. If you explore the search feature, you'll see there are actually a number of criteria that you can set. Hopefully, that's enough.

NO, no, no Bloofy
I am reading back trough the pages and the ages...
As a relative newcomer, I want to know the lore of "this thing of ours" (sorry Bloof, that's a mafioso reference...)
So, I've seen the generosity back at Christmas, the Thanksgiving trades, the bith announcements of several of our members children, ChisGuinthers Darth Vader head humidor....
That kind of thing...
so, page by page, huh brother???
:cry:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, not being totally well versed in searches here, and noting your thrust, yes, it seems that might be the only way. Sorry about that.

OH,

We're gonna talk about my thrust now?????

Come on Bloof, is nothing sacred?

:cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :cryinlaugh: :rotflmao: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :mrgreen: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :help: :help: :bolt:

I too, would like to see an option to go to a specific page, not just the first 3 or the last 3. If you are on dial-up, it takes forever to get to page 48, or 56, or 63...

(It's MY Darth Vader head humidor. C3PO resides on the desk as well.

Chris stole it for an old avatar and tried to sell it to fund his house! :D :D :D )

SORRY BP...

I hadn't heard that you were so sensitive......