Questions about 2 Cigars

Joined Dec 2007
109 Posts | 0+
Henderson, TN
I am interested in picking up some good cheaper cigars and was wondering people's impressions on 2 different ones.

1. Oliva Serie V Torpedo
2. Padilla Serie 68 Robusto

or should I save my money (and humidor space)
3. My friend is heading out of the country and thinking of having him pick up a box of Bolivars for me.

The Padilla Serie 68 Robusto is a great cigar. In fact, I smoked it last night.

As for the Oliva Serie V, good luck in finding them.

Now then, what cigars do you like? Don't just buy them for the name/price. Every cigar has its own zest, and it is different from person to person. Pick the ones that you enjoy for the everyday smokes.

Right now, I am trying a variety of smokes. I prefer medium to full body sticks. I enjoy the ones with chocolate and coffee hints the most. The ones that I have enjoyed the most so far are RP Vintage 1990, Carlos Tornao 1916, Torano Virtuoso, 5 Vegas, 5 Vegas Miami, RP OSG, and some others. I keep trying more to lock in my flavors. I used to just smoke on occasions because of the price, but I can smoke more since finding cigars online. My favorite of all that I have smoked so far have been the havanas that coworkers have given me and the ones I got while out of the country.

I haven't had the Padilla, but I really enjoy the Serie V. There is a small change of finding the Torpedo since it was in CA, but I really like the Lancero and the Double Robusto. This is one cigar I feel has lived up to the hype.

Oliva Serie V rocks! I just bought some torpedos. I also like their figurado. They are hard to find right now. Oliva is supposed to be ramping up production for them. Their popularity took them by surprise a little bit. When they come in they fly of the shelves at my B&M.

I am not a fan of the Olivia V. I think it is one of those sticks that people either love or hate. I found it rather bland.
My B&M tends to have a large number at all times. They do not sell very well here. (insert redneck comment here)
Have you tried the La Flor Dominicana double ligero? I think its like 6-8 a stick and packs a punch!

Wait...I just remembered you are in Hendersonville...If you make it to Franklin, Swing by Stogies and pick some up!

I LOVE the Olivia V. I was lucky and got a box of the Figurados and I have smoked just over half the box already. If you see a box buy it cause they are wicked hard to find.

Well in May, I have to head out to Nashville for flights twice. I may stop by and pick some up. I did pick up a 5 pack of the padilla 68 and should know how they are.