Quick question about tubes...

Joined Jul 2006
285 Posts | 0+
Chicago burbs
All

I picked up an RP 1992 thats in a glass tube today. Just wondering if it should be kept in my humidor or not.

Thanks

Depends on how long you want to age it. If you want to save it for a while, then yeah keep it in the tube, just remove the lid.

Thanks.

Just so I'm clear, leaving it in the tube with the cork in and sealed could ruin it?

D,
Won't ruin it, but most likely won't do anything either. Over time the humidity will decline, and then you will have a less than ideal smoking experience. If you want to save it for years, remove the cork(or whatever), leave the cigar in the tubo and place it into the rotation in your humi. As long as you are maintaining the levels in your humi, the tubo will be OK too.
Hell, just smoke the thing!

rmrdaddy said:
D,
Won't ruin it, but most likely won't do anything either. Over time the humidity will decline, and then you will have a less than ideal smoking experience. If you want to save it for years, remove the cork(or whatever), leave the cigar in the tubo and place it into the rotation in your humi. As long as you are maintaining the levels in your humi, the tubo will be OK too.

Ditto.

rmrdaddy said:
D,
Thanks. I'll take your advice, I certainly appreciate it. I certainly don't plan on aging anything, but I've quite the inventory going, so I wanted to make sure a month didn't go by and I find it stale.
Capt said:
We need this stickied........
I hope this hasn't been asked 10K times already :oops:

again... here is what i do. i open it up for a few months or so and make sure its at the humidity i want then i close it and let it go in its own air. i still keep it in the humi though.

as far as this being stickied i think that there shouls be a cigar 101 section that you could have subsections of. this would be one of them.

I agree with Kuzi on the Ciagrs 101 area. I think we have too many stickys that could be combined. There was some talk of this happening in the past, where are we with this?
I'm thinking:
1) Cigars 101
2) Traders Thread
3) Forum Intros and Rules?
Any other suggestions?

I'd be willing to help in any way to accomplish this...

I think we might have discussed this on a previous thread. You should keep this in a humidor for long term storage. You may want to take the cap off to let the humidity balance out with your humidor. If you plan on smoking it right away, I would still keep it in the humidor. Who know who may have opened it up to take a look at it? It may have lost humidity at that point.

rmrdaddy said:
I agree with Kuzi on the Ciagrs 101 area. I think we have too many stickys that could be combined. There was some talk of this happening in the past, where are we with this?
I'm thinking:
1) Cigars 101
2) Traders Thread
3) Forum Intros and Rules?
Any other suggestions?

I'd be willing to help in any way to accomplish this...

4) Premium Habanos I like to send to Kelvin just because.

Oh, you'd like to be helpful???

Can I have your last Choix Supreme??? LOL :wink:

You said you wanted to be helpful,
and you know, we have a relationship and all.....

:rotflmao:

Just put the Choix Supreme in the offering plate fellas!

Oh no you don't!
You get your great reward in the NEXT life Steve...LOL

:eek: