re lighting cigars

Joined Mar 2005
109 Posts | 0+
zelienople. pa.
seen recent post on lighting cigars and read that if it goes out, blow threw it first to clear ash and stale smock. what if halfway threw a cigar, i am unable to finish and must extinguish. they ALWAYS taste nasty and usually get pitched. ive tried cutting of end,rather than letting burn out and that helps,but still not as good and is nasty for about 1/2 inch or so,i ussually cut off flame and 1/2 to 3/4 inch, seems like i waste a third of cigar and whats left isnt that good.

A cigar will never taste the same if you let it go out and sit for any length of time. If you have to it is best that you blow through the cigar to make sure all smoke has been removed from it.
And let it go out.
When time comes to relight, wipe any ash off the end before lighting it.
The cigar will never taste as good again, but as you mentioned above - an inch or 2 in it will start to taste kind of normal.

If smoking a fine cigar it is important to make sure you have the time to smoke it!
Kind of like a woman - don't start and not finish!

CastleCrest said:
If smoking a fine cigar it is important to make sure you have the time to smoke it!
Kind of like a woman - don't start and not finish!

Yep, and its never the same when you go back in there for more. ;)

I used to try a bunch of tricks to put one down for a bit and relight it later. It never worked. The smoke and nic do things inside the cigar as you smoke it so it won't be the same as if you had finished it originally.

I tend to smoke smaller sticks now instead of reaching for a double corona if I don't have the time.

Mike

when i know i have little time, i smoke smaller and cheaper cigars,and if working, i know it will keep going out, but sometimes, i alot time to smoke a good cigar, 1 to 1 1/2 hours, but cant finish for other reasons. these times are my concerns

The only exception I have found to the rule is the:
"Fuente Exquisito"
Not sure why but they always seem to taste the very same no matter
if they are to damp to moist or been sitting around half smoked for a week.
Now they are never a "Great" tasting cigar -
but an OK smoke - They are my everyday cheap cigar.
I've smoked them for a few years now and in truth the only NC cigar I smoke. The Maduro is my choice of the 2.
$80 a box of 50!!
A good cigar if you don't have the time to smoke a real cigar.

The smoke and nic do things inside the cigar as you smoke it so it won't be the same as if you had finished it originally.
This reminds me of when i set my cigar down(normally on a cigarrette ashtray[ok makeyour jokes lol....]I got it for free...Bowling alley ;) the cigar normally goes ash down, which lets the smoke rise up through the cigar and out the foot. According to what you say, it sounds like i could ruin or lessen the taste etc...Should I put it level(which i can becuase i modified the ashtray...dremels are great) or should i have the ash up with the foot down so less or no smoke rises throught he cigar? your thoughts?