Recent cigars, from memory, . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
because one was about two or three weeks ago and the other was last Saturday night. My life lately has been, well, in the words of Leon Russell, . . .

"I'm up on a tight wire,
One side's ice and one is fire, . . .

and it will be that way for some time, but here goes.

The Partagas 150, a 5 1/2 x49 very expensive and rare cigar, made from a wrapper leaf grown in 1977, and supposedly found by accident in a warehouse in Madrid in 1995, was a gift from our own Castle Crest. Although feeling quite tight near the cap, it actually drew quite well, took one hour and 25 minutes to smoke and gave off flavors of mostly raisin brownie and a little pungent smokehouse. A complex, but somewhat dull flavor profile, although the body of the smoke was very nice. I'm thinking it actually could have stood even more aging, which might have made the somewhat and overall erratic flavor profile "sweeten" out a bit, meld together better.

This cigar line overall, although costing more than a brand new F-18A jet fighter apiece, has a pretty interesting flavor profile, from shape to shape, and cigar to cigar. Not bad at all, if you are ready to deal with the prices in the free market system. :wink:

Cuban Parejo, a 7 1/2x56 monster sent to me nearly three years ago by a friend from another board, was from a newly created line of cigars with varying strengths, and three different wrapper selections. This particular Cuban Parejo was from the line made with the powerful Ecuadoran Rosado wrapper, and other strong binder and filler tobaccos, from Nicaragua mostly, if memory serves me correctly. Well, the Cuban Parejo with the light Connecticut shade and maduro wrappers were both interesting indeed, but the one with the rosado wrapper frightened me for years.

And perhaps it should have been left for a couple more. As I've already made clear I love Girly Man Cigars. Give me a Manly Man's bourbon, coffee and hot sauce, but when it comes to the cigars, please, . . .

HOLD THE KICK!!!!

Well, after nearly three years of aging this cigar in my own humidor, I figured last weekend, why not? Well, next time I'll say why? Hey, am I starting to sound like Bobby Kennedy? Well, I did shake his hand when I was 10 or 11.

Anyway, this cigar took two hours and 35 minutes to smoke, and had a strong charred beef flavor profile, with pumpernickel bread and tires with 20,000 miles on them. I do not mean 10,000 miles or 50,000 miles, but 20,000 miles. As for why it tasted like 20,000 miles, as much I'm going to despise myself for quoting the 42nd President, . . .

don't ask, don't tell.

And that's it for two recent cigars.

Oh, and as for the aftermath of that Cuban Parejo, well, . . .

I did say I could've waited a couple more years, didn't I???

Yup, I got hit by that ol' sneaky right hand of Earnie Shavers once again. :cry:

Damn that Ernie, he needs a valium. Not right, slapping you around like that.

I, on the other hand, like a smoke that would bitch slap Tyson in his heyday. Tonight, a two or so years young Opus X Super Beli. Later, I'm toying with the idea of a Casa Blanca Half Jeroboam.

All this, and I just got a fresh bottle of Fighting Cock 103 Proof Bourbon. Woo Hoo!

"Tonight, a two or so years young Opus X Super Beli. Later, I'm toying with the idea of a Casa Blanca Half Jeroboam."

Did you hear that, folks? Smoking those two cigars in the same month would put me in the grave, never mind getting hit by Earnie Shavers.

Bloof... You see this? Look close. Yupper, THIS is the wing you could be under. I don't offer this to just anybody...

Eh?

Herr Colonel, I don't think the attachment came through. By the way, that was a RIGHT wing, right? :D

That wing is so far right, you can only spot it with a telescope pointed toward the horizon.

Sounds good to me. I have to remember to get a bottle of that Fighting Peepee some day soon. Keep reminding me.

Pretty hard to find, Herr Colonel. Looks like my walk out price would be less than $25, but not $20. Youse guyz up in Noo Englin always gets da bettah deelz on da licker.

Tell ya what, since they won't let me ship anything liquid from these here parts no more, how about one Jose L. Piedras (Real Kyoobin) corona sized, two Hemingway Classics, and three Savinelli Nicaraguan Reserve Churchills?

Okay, okay, uncle already, make that one Jose L. Piedras Real Kyoobin, three Hemingway Classics and four Savinelli Nicaraguan Reserve Churchills!!! After all, you do have shipping charges to tack on to that "under $20" price. :wink: