Removing Cigar smell from hand/fingers?

Joined Nov 2005
3K Posts | 0+
The Matrix?
After a nice 1 to 2-hour smoke, my fingers smells like the cigar. No matter how much I wash my hands, the smell lingers for hours, which doesn't please my lady.

I've tried regular deodorant soap, toothpaste, and even those fragrant "woman's" soap that my wife uses.

What do you folks do to remedy this, other than let it go?

You could wear gloves when you smoke. You could also keep a handy bottle of hand sanitizer in your car.

I wash with soap and then if I really need to get rid of the smell, I "wash" in Fabreeze. (SP?)

Works like a champ!

I forgot all about Febreeze! I have that! I'll give it a try next time around.

Know that we are on this topic. . . what do y'all do for "bad"* breath?

*cigars aren't bad - offending people you love is.

Brenda said:
Know that we are on this topic. . . what do y'all do for "bad"* breath?

*cigars aren't bad - offending people you love is.

Gargle with Febreeze? (joking)

I brusth my teeth thoroughly, then suck on some strong breath mints.

After brushing my teeth several times - I use a mouthwash with Peroxide in it - works pretty well actually.

Breath mints and Dr Pepper. The combination is so rancid, my wife can't detect any cigar on my breath!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well I dont think we are on the same page, First Why get rid of the AROMA, if your lady is complaining about it , dont fret, soon ( if you smoke enough ) to envelope everything she will never notice it any more, just give her some time & smoke as much as you want ! :!:
Enjoy, Vince

vince said:
well I dont think we are on the same page, First Why get rid of the AROMA, if your lady is complaining about it , dont fret, soon ( if you smoke enough ) to envelope everything she will never notice it any more, just give her some time & smoke as much as you want ! :!:
Enjoy, Vince
To be honest, I love the aroma! Makes me want more!

Then I dont see a problem ! hahahaha Enjoy, Vince

My wife never says anything about my breath - she usually gives me that look!

The:
"I haven't seen you without a cigar in your hand in over a month"

Of course my breath smell like smoke - my mouth is full of it! :lol:

My wife smoked with me ONCE, years ago. (Does 3 puffs qualify as "smoked"?)

You are a blessed man to have Misa enjoying your cigar passion!

The local shop here sells cigar smokers' mints. They are very strong, but take care of the job nicely.
Febreeze, hairspray, or that alcohol based hand sanitizer that smell like vodka...they all get the job done:)

Big Paintbrush said:
My wife smoked with me ONCE, years ago. (Does 3 puffs qualify as "smoked"?)

You are a blessed man to have Misa enjoying your cigar passion!

It has it's upside and downside!

Think about buying a box of cigars and only getting half!
OK, well maybe I get 15 & she gets 10 - but every special cigar requires 2!

Then I do have someone to share my habit with.
My favorite is testing/tasting a new smoke -
having 2 people try the same thing has taught me a lot.
Often our cigars will taste different & we will tatse each others
sticks. I would not pass a cigar to anyone of you guys!
Well - & take it back :roll:
It is amazing how a side by side tasting can yeild such a difference
in flavors - a real eye opener!

Back to the initial question, get a piece of stainless steel (a bench scraper, spoon, or saucepan) and run water over it. Using the water that comes off the metal, rub your hands together. It works every time for garlic and if done longer reduces the smell of tobacco and other smokables :wink:
It has something to do with the nickel in the stainless steel reacting with the ions in the water

I've always used lemon juice. Get the concentrate for cooking. Real stuff, 100% lemon juice. Wash hands, facial hair (Brenda, you're excused), and make a strong mouth rinse with lemon juice, soda water, and baking soda.