RH in humidor question

Joined Aug 2007
2K Posts | 28+
Somewhere down in Texas
Just wondering.....does moist air sink to the lowest point in an area (the air is presumably heavier)?
The reason I ask is because I have had my beads in the bottom of my humidor and my hygometer on the top. I have been getting a reading around 62-63%. Now I have moved the beads to the top, near the hygometer (digital) and have been holding rock solid at 66% for about three days now.
Also on using beads: are they all the same from one company to the next?

Thanks for the insight!

Dustin

im not sure if they (the beads) are the same from one company to the next. so.... i cant help you there

every humidor has rh variation from one spot to the next- especially if it is a larger box.

th best way to even this out is to have beads in several areas.

Also keep in mind that the closer you are to the beads the more steady your hygromiter will be.

Dustinl said:
Also on using beads: are they all the same from one company to the next?

Dusti
I use kitty litter some do not agree but I have not had any problems with humidity. there is only one kind to use Exquisicat Pearl $14 for 7lbs( compared to $20 for 1lbs.)you can find it at petsmart.

Thanks Rodney! Aubry was telling me about the kitty litter a few weeks ago also and I think Gordon uses it too. Thanks for the reply, brother!

Dustin