RH too High

Joined May 2005
6 Posts | 0+
Greensboro, NC
I have a humidor that I bought new elements and glycol mixture..
I have setup the box and it does good most of the time.. Except I have noticed spikes in the RH up to 77%...

How can I regulate and adjust this so it does not ruin my stogies ??
When I set it up I left the smokes out for 2 days and it was at 75% RH.. After I put them back in the box it seems to rise slowly...

Any help will be greatly appreciated on this topic....

that is typical if you just seasoned it. Move it to a dryer part of the house or office. Open the lid a few times a day. Give it a week and it should equalize.

I have also found that if the sticks you are adding to a humidor are on the "Wet" side, they too will add moisture to the humidor. So if your Humi is stable at 75% in your case, but after adding the sticks you want to it goes to 77%, I would do what Macallen suggested and keep the lid open for awhile in a dryer spot in the house, or maybe leave those sticks out of the humidor for a couple of days and the re-introduce them into the humidor. A 50-50 mixture of propylne glycol and distlilled water is a good bet as well to break in a new humidor.

A Fantastic write up and primer for this is on cigarnexus.com, here's the link, read and see if it helps at all.

Regards,
Paul

http://www.cigarnexus.com/counsel/cigar ... index.html

i swear by bovida packs and climax beads my humidors always stablize themselves. maybe i just live in a good climate for stogie smoking.

Thank you :)

Thank you all for your advise !

I will give it a try and see if I can't lower down the RH....

What are climax beads ? ?

I am a newbie and trying to learn how to keep my cigars correctly !

I remember the first time someone was talking about climax beads on the forum when I did not know what they were. For a second there I thought I had stumbled onto some sex fetish forum :lol:

:lol: .. alright, gentlemen, let's all turn to our wives/girlfriends and say to them "Honey, I just got some climax beads, you wanna try them out tonight?" and see how they react.

Started using Boveda one month ago.I ordered the 65% packs.
They last three months and are about $4 each. They take all the worry away.
Malone

Where do you purchase the Bovida ???
Also I wanted to know, if I use the climmax beads. What do you put them in to hold them ????

I went to the climaxx site and it looks like just the thing for me to use ! !

I appreciate everyones help :lol:

Thank you ! !