Rocky Patel Seconds

Joined Mar 2005
223 Posts | 0+
What is the scoop on Seconds?

Found Edge Torpedo Maduros for half price
$49.00 for box of 20

What issues to expect when purchasing seconds.

I've had "student rolled" before which was trouble.

Thanks Guys!

RP seconds are supposedly identical to the firsts with some wrapper blemishes (maybe even being wrapped in the opposite direction). I haven't picked any up yet so I can't say for sure.

I guess jumping in feet first is the only way my man...I will do the same in a week or so - and let me know how it goes with your seconds.

well,
I made Razor buy em...so its my fault if they're bad. As axe said (and I heard the same) they are supposed to be good except for a few blemishes. I'm expecting these to be good smokes. I think we should find out friday nite...what do you think Razor King?

edited for spelling....darn ...drinking on the job again :lol:

Affirmative Ravyn,
I'm thinkin Single malt & Hondurans at the HeManWomanHatersClub.

edit: That would be plural on the Single Malt.

10-4

I already have the furniture set up! We can hook up the sound system!

Glenmerangie! :D

I have a box I bought three years ago with 3 missing. I smoked one when I bought them, one a year later when I thought they might have matured, and one a year after that. I just can't force myself to smoke another one. Oh, Rocky even signed the box. JMO.

BigTom said:
I have a box I bought three years ago with 3 missing. I smoked one when I bought them, one a year later when I thought they might have matured, and one a year after that. I just can't force myself to smoke another one. Oh, Rocky even signed the box. JMO.

IIRC...didn't RP have problems a few years ago that they have since fixed?
Maybe you got a bad box. I had an edge and a 92 last week I thought was pretty good. Not a complicated smoke but certainly not a dog rocket.

Full Body and lots of smoke. I can handle one dimensional, I'm not a complicated person. And for $2.00 it fits right in the slot!
Will test this out and get back to you guys.

ok...
smoked one of the Edge seconds last nite.
Initial impression...the cigar started out hard as a rock. Toasted the end and lit it....damn near turned blue trying to get a pull. started slowly rolling the whole cigar...just alittle pressure. After about 1/2" of tough smoking...it opened right up. It was a fine smoke the rest of the way down. Silky oily texture to the cigar. Deep brown wrapper with alittle darker motteling here and there. If the rest of the box tastes like this I'll be real pleased for 2 bucks a stick....