Rules - suggestions & importnat things

Joined Aug 2004
2K Posts | 1+
Guys I am making an attempt to put together a few new threads.
I am hoping to cut down on the amount of stickys we have.

One thread for forum - rules relating to the use of the cigar forum as well as Amback rules for using the site.

I am currently working on a cigar 101 thread with - lighting, storing, cutting & smoking as a "basic starter guide".

I hope to use info from everyone's posts one the board, both their questions as well as their answers.
If anyone does not want me to use any of their posts or parts of their posts please PM me to discuss - before or after this gets going.

Also any suggestions of either rules for conduct, guideline & info
for smoking - please Post your thoughts here or PM them to me.

Thanks!
CC

I've seen several forums where the FAQ sticky has a brief overview of each area and then a link to the relevant thread(s) for discussion. This allows all of the threads to be handled with one sticky, but keeps the conversations relevant to one topic.

I think that lumong together the rules of the board (including cubans) would get rid of one or two. Then the cigar 101 to lump together lighting, cutting, salt test etc. would work. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to lump together bad traders and good traders, so best to keep them seperate. I think we should be able to join the Meet your Cigar Consultant in with the New, Introduce yourself here thread. There are a couple of other stickies that can be up while the subject is relevent but will come down when not relevent so we should keep them for now, like the Son of Blind box pass thread.

Ditto!

CC it will definitely be cleaner looking with those threads combined as in Phishermans' reply. Good looking out! :)

I'm working on it slowely - I hope to find a little time each morning.
Combining rules shouldn't take long.
Developing a nice cigar 101 will be a work in progress

It all sounds good to me. And if you can find anything worth while that I have said, you are more than welcome to it. Good luck with that :lol:

I like Phish's suggestion.

What I would like to see, though it has nothing to do with sticky threads is a feedback system, like on Syndicate. Maybe its too much work and maybe it would take up excess bandwith, but I think its much better that the current thread system.