Semi-official PBL review thread.

Jason Demond said:
RAVYN said:
Not yet. But I looked at it yesterday :D

Did you hear angels sing? How about Halalulah? :twisted:

haha...no ...it was more like "LUKE...I AM YOUR FATHER"..."COME WITH ME...TO THE DARK SIDE...." :twisted:

We No Longer Say The Name

I pulled my El Cobre from its cello and still have it resting amongst the Camacho's.
I'm in training for it. LGC R Maduros and RP Edge Maduros
Patience is a Virtue!

Looked at the el cobre again...its going with me on vaca over labor day. Smoking it then! Its almost ready :D

I was just thinking about the same thing ... long weekend would be a good time to get that baby out.

Wow, you guys have a lot of patience!!! :D

I don't know if it would have made it that long with me!

Don't get freebies to try very often so I'm savoring the anticipation ... looking in on it now and then ... reading the other guys' reviews ... wiping the drool off my chin and waiting just a little longer ...

:wink:

the stockpile of cigars at this thing will be huge. Everyone will be walking away with lots of freebies. Probably enough to make up for the trip. I know for a fact everyone will get one or two of these babies as well as a host of others.

sweet

I was bummed when I missed out on trying one before, but this will be sweet

Novice Review

Hi Guys;
The El Cobre (PBL)Torpedo was smoked on a beautiful night on the outer banks.
Good Cigar!

Appearance: Very nice, mottled dark brown to deeper chocolate colors.
Construction: firm with slightly raised veins.
Draw: close to perfect.
Burn: close to perfect to the nub, even in a slight steady breeze.
Taste: this surprised me, so smooth at initial draw there was no taste. Didn't take long to change though. One to two inches in it was producing huge volumes of full flavored smoke. Then becoming very smooth again. By the three quarter mark I had a pronouced full flavored taste stuck in my mouth. The finish was very strong with the taste sticking with me long after it was done.

The accompaniment for this smoke was Outer Banks IPA being changed over to water midway.

Certainly nothing to fear, only enjoyed! Actually the MX2 I smoked that morning did a bigger number on me.

Sorry I can't do better on the taste aspect for you guys but I'm trying.

Thanks Again Cigar.com for a great gift!

I'd reccommend this one!

Re: Novice Review

RazorKing said:
Hi Guys;
The El Cobre (PBL)Torpedo was smoked on a beautiful night on the outer banks.
Good Cigar!

Appearance: Very nice, mottled dark brown to deeper chocolate colors.
Construction: firm with slightly raised veins.
Draw: close to perfect.
Burn: close to perfect to the nub, even in a slight steady breeze.
Taste: this surprised me, so smooth at initial draw there was no taste. Didn't take long to change though. One to two inches in it was producing huge volumes of full flavored smoke. Then becoming very smooth again. By the three quarter mark I had a pronouced full flavored taste stuck in my mouth. The finish was very strong with the taste sticking with me long after it was done.

The accompaniment for this smoke was Outer Banks IPA being changed over to water midway.

Certainly nothing to fear, only enjoyed! Actually the MX2 I smoked that morning did a bigger number on me.

Sorry I can't do better on the taste aspect for you guys but I'm trying.

Thanks Again Cigar.com for a great gift!

I'd reccommend this one!

big +1...
I really enjoyed it.

Following CC's advice and Thor's kind words that it was OK to age this beauty for a while I left it in my 65% humidor until today. I got it out to celebrate my Brother in law coming home after successful heart valve surgery. First off it is a well made torpedo and striking in appearance. I clipped the end and noticed a great aroma that produced a good taste even unlit. After a careful lighting process I was rewarded with nice thick smoke with a spicy flavor that lingered long after the smoke was exhaled. I admit to liking cigars on the milder end of the spectrum, but, I spent an enjoyable hour slowly smoking this bad boy which made a long light grey ash. The draw was smooth and effortless and even with my slow smoking pace it never went out. I kept admiring the rich brown wrapper that never unraveled or frayed in the least. I like the EL COBRE and think it will be a strong seller for the good folks at CIGAR.COM. Thanks to Thor and Alex for the opportunity to "road test" this new cigar!