Shipping and heat

Joined Apr 2006
153 Posts | 0+
Michigan
A package of cigars I won on cbid are due to arrive today and it has been hot as hades here in Michigan for the past 4-5 days. What should I do with them when they arrive? Should I just put them in my humi, keep them out of the humi in the bags they come in for a little while, or something else? They are 5 Vegas.

5 vegas shouldnt have bugs....

but if they do and they are out and about then freeze the unaffected ones.

otherwise put em in your humi for a few.

... and by a few i mean months.

Thanks for the quick reply...you really think that they need to rest that long though?? I'm impatient, its hard enough to wait the three weeks or so I normally give to shipments :D

Chances are they'll be fine but it will still be like a sauna in those bags. They certainly won't smoke well then and probably would be better off after a month though more time is always better.

I had some problems with the shipping time of some of my packages from them when they used USPS because they were taking so long and heat index here is 120+....so I emailed them and they changed all my packages to DHL. They come in less then half the time and no extra charge. Other then that I would let them sit a little while. Never had any problems with bugs.

I always try and leave any smoke in my humi for at least a month before toasting the foot. Not many people have received a cigar out of my Humi here but for those who have i may have forgotten to take off the date before shipping. The date on my cigars is the date it went into my humidor. I wont smoke it unless it is more than one month of rest time. I find this method works well.

thanks for the feedback guys. I put them in a ziplock bag with a water pillow and will watch them for a couple more days and then just bury them in the humi and try to forget about them for awhile.