Should we stay or should we go now?

Joined Jun 2007
232 Posts | 0+
Minnesota
Wow, major shake-up with the forum. We staying put or going to the new C.com forums? I'm used to things here, maybe I fear change. And hey, what about being an AMBACK mooch, kinda meaningless on the other side of things.

Trent

I have not been here long but I like the history thats is built in here. I plan on staying, I may join th eother forum as well but I like it here. And my wife says I fear change, so I might to!

I can't tell you what to do, but I have enjoyed this forum for the past 3 years and I'm not heading out anytime soon. We've spent a lot of time posting, contests, etc.

I wish the Cigar.com crew the best - Alex is a great guy and I hope he comes by again.

Not looking for any public mess but could some one explain? Pm would be just fine with me. Thanks.

steve

At first I was a little concerned about people from ambac leaving this forum. Another concern that I had is that i connect to Ambac thru cigar.com. That may confuse some people into thinking Ambac has changed.
I was just talking to Rob, and the deal is that you guys have treated me like family and trusted me from the beginning. I have really developed some close friendships on here that extends beyond posting on this forum. I am happy on ambac and won't be leaving. Period. In fact I look forward to developing friendships with other guys on here.
One thing that this forum and talking to you mooks nightly has taught me is this: Texans for the most part have big egos. Yes we have alot to be proud of. That pride sometimes slips into arrogance. I know because I had it. I was a Texas snob. But what I have learned is that there are GREAT people everywhere! I have not met a single person on ambac or skype from Texas. When my dad was in the hospital during Christmas, you guys were calling and emailing me! Yes we are tight knit but as Rob just said, we want to accept new people in!
I'm sorry for the rambling on but I want to tell you guys "thanks for everything"! You fellas are truely family and I would not have met you if there was no Ambac forum.

DL

I am with Dusty on this one; I feel like I am part of an extended family. I plan on staying with the family (God our leaders are even mob types from Jersey). As a Canadian I have been welcomed and treated well by most people on this forum. I also have been treated well by cigar.com and plan on continuing my association with them. God love us one and all. :soap:

I found these forums through c.com, and I appreciate that. That being said, I will not be leaving these forums until you mooks kick me out. :D

--Scott

DL and Scott, well put brothers!
This is a family we have here and i enjoy the hell out of this forum and the people who frequent it. I do not see myself going anywhere else.
The other thing that frightens me is the "going live" comment.
I am not a big fan of "Cigar Live" to many people! I like our little group of MOOKS!
"and thats all i have to say about that"

In spite of everything I just said, let me clarify something. I am in fact a member of a couple of other cigar forums as I'm sure we all are. But for me, time is an issue and I have to choose which one to be active in. One forum I don't post to at all and another very seldom. There comes a point where you just don't have time to participate in every one. My point is that THIS is my "home" forum and you fellas are my brothers. I just haven't developed the relationships at other sites as I have here. I will certainly go with the flow of my brothers and when everyone else decides we need to do something else, then I will be there.

DL

I like what you just said Dustin, I am with 3 different forums right now - this is my home forum. I know I am a mod here but I have met over a dozen folks from here in the past 3 years - that says a lot to me.

I am planning on visiting Cigar.com and will likely be a customer again in the future.

i'm really new to this forum (less than a week) but I already have met some great guys on here and then through skype and I definitely wont be leaving because I want to develop those friendships and have some fun with all you guys!

For a little bit of background, our Cigar Forum actually dates back long before we had Cigar.com link to us. I first met Bloofington over on the Cigar Aficionado bulletin board. He came on board and joined our forum and from there many more people started to visit and participate. Since those early days the cigar section of our forum has grown tremendously. Being a cigar smoker myself, this is something I am very happy to see.

For the forum members that are used to visiting us from the old Cigar.com link, just update your favorites to this address. As mentioned in the global forum announcement, we are going to be upgrading the forum software to the latest version of the platform. That will make the site even more user friendly.

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to post them here or direct them to our moderators. You can also contact me via email or PM.

Fernando

Kelvin said:
I like what you just said Dustin, I am with 3 different forums right now - this is my home forum. I know I am a mod here but I have met over a dozen folks from here in the past 3 years - that says a lot to me.

I am planning on visiting Cigar.com and will likely be a customer again in the future.

That's it in a nutshell. I'm an active member of several forums (cigar and non-cigar), this one is the first one I visit in the mornings and the last one I visit prior to hitting the off button at night. This is home.

I for one will be staying despite rmrdaddy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I went and checked it out meh. This is home my hats staying hung right here.

biggeek69 said:
Kelvin said:

That's it in a nutshell. I'm an active member of several forums (cigar and non-cigar), this one is the first one I visit in the mornings and the last one I visit prior to hitting the off button at night. This is home.

Scott,
You forgot the 154 times in between

B128thopen said:
Scott,
You forgot the 154 times in between

No kidding, Connor! I check it all day long!!!

Fernando, thanks for clearing that up. I was really thinking that some may get confused and mistake the c.com forum for this one.

DL