Smoke Cigarettes?

Joined Mar 2005
66 Posts | 0+
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was just wondering how many people smoke cigarettes along with cigars. I smoke about a pack a day for cigarettes. My brand happens to be Player's Light but I'm not sure if anyone knows about it outside of Canada. Anyways, just wondering who smokes cigarettes or who doesn't to satisfy my curiousity.

Nah, can't say I have had a cigarette in my life, and I'm not interested in them. I'll save my money for cigars.

I did for a few years back in the early 90's (mostly because my friends did) but my high school soccer coach gave me a choice. So I quit. At today's prices, I'd rather have a cigar that's 100% tobacco anyway.

I worked in a bar so i now enjoy the smell of Cigarettes but I don't smoke them

I like the smell of a cigarette immediately after it's been lit, but other than that, I like to refer to them as "Little White Death Sticks."

I smoked them on and off for about a year and a half to two years (about twice a month maybe?). Was never addicted so stopping was never an issue. Don't miss it that much really. I rather spend the money on cigars

I used to smoke them - about 4 years ago I had a life changing experience.
I call it - getting Married!
My wife hates smoke and well I gave up the little white sticks of death and fought long and hard to keep my cigar habit.
Now my wife smokes cigars as well.
She is a one a day girl.
Sometimes more - cigar outings and such.
She can smoke with the best of them.
But no butts for us!

Call me crazy, but I can't stand the smell of a cigarette. I can smell a cigar from a mile away though. I always try to see where the scent is coming from too. I'm not gonna go up to the person and see what they're smoking but I do like the smell. My wife smokes cigarettes and when she comes in from smoking she smells terrible. I'm sure she thinks the same thing about me when I come in as well. Simp

It kills me when people complain about cigar smoke as they sit there smoking a cig.
Seems like smokers should stick together.
I don't like Cig. smoke it has a harsh bite to the nose & eyes.
But I understnd the need to feed.

I smoked almost a pack a day from about 16 or 17 years old until last year. Gave them up cold turkey and picked up cigars. Never knew how tasty and enjoyable cigars really were until I quit the little white death sticks. I get it now!

CastleCrest said:
It kills me when people complain about cigar smoke as they sit there smoking a cig.
Seems like smokers should stick together.
I don't like Cig. smoke it has a harsh bite to the nose & eyes.
But I understnd the need to feed.

Spoken true. Guess those cigarette smokers aren't man enough for the big leagues yet :wink:

Not anymore, quit in 1979 when they went from 60 cents a pack to 75 cents. Thought that was way to much money :)

Cigarettes: Never have never will.

When I was growing up I made a couple resolutions that I have stuck with. 46 years old and so far so good.
1) I will never smoke cigarettes (mom and her friends smoked a lot)
2) I will never get divorced (mom married and divorced twice)
3) I will let my kids grow up in one town (moved 8 times by age 14)

No cigarettes, married 26 years, 3 kids ages 21, 23 & 25 all grew up a small town, lived in the same house all their lives, had good solid friends and family. So far so good..........

That's a wonderful story. It warms my heart to hear stuff like that.

Of course, cigar ash falling on your naked body can warm things too, so I try not to let that happen too often, but it does. :dunno: :duh: :sm_angel:

I've never had one....don't think I ever will...

Cigars are the only way for me!!

I smoked a pack a day from age 13 to 23 and quit cold turkey. Best thing I ever did. After you get off cigarettes for few months cigars will taste 10 times better. Cigarettes murder your ability to really taste a good cigar. Quiting cigarettes will really open your palate.

Funny thing about players, I loved those things but being in the US I had to go to specialty shops to buy them. And here I thought I was the only one.

smoked coffin nails for over 25 years. Been cig free for almost 2 years. It makes a big difference with taste. I'm a happy man with a good cigar. :D

I smoked menthol cigarettes for 32 years. Quit cold turkey over a year ago when I began to notice a shortness of breath in cold weather. I was not going to let the habit ruin my active life.

Over a year later, just this past Nov. my brother offered me a cigar. I was afraid to try it at first, thinking the old craving would come back. After enough drinks that night, I did light one up and loved it. It's not at all the same as a cigarette. You guys are right that a cigarette ruins your sense of taste and smell. The cigars are an entirely different pleasure, and since you don't inhale, you don't get the shortness of breath.