So I went to the local druggy mart...

Joined Sep 2003
6K Posts | 0+
Wilmington, DelaWhere?
and got myself a Dr. [s:39dvr26l]Scholls[/s:39dvr26l] Grabow utilitarian, starter, pipe and a bag of vanilla wimpy. I have to say, when I let the dogs out last night for their "end-of-the-night perimeter check", and smoked a bowl, I was quite content. Sitting on the deck, in the quiet of the night, enjoying a bowl... It don't get much better...(of course I was stuffed with ribs, and such).

I dug out a meerschaum that wasn't in the garage, and spider infested, and I think I'll give that a workout tonight.

I don't know how I'm going to explain this to my thirteen-year-old but, I think an occasional bowl is good for the soul.

I think Buddha was a pipe smoker and kept company with doggies.

My four puppies go out with me every time I smoke my pipe on the back porch. Cheap Captain Black tobacco, but it beats those nasty flavorless stinking cigarettes any day. 8)

armoredman said:
My four puppies go out with me every time I smoke my pipe on the back porch. Cheap Captain Black tobacco, but it beats those nasty flavorless stinking cigarettes any day. 8)

Once again I quit the cigs about 5 days ago, and do not miss it. I never bought a pack, I just smoked Lisa's. :lol:

Ed, I have quite a few Grabow's that I smoke. During fishing, just in case it goes overboard.
I have a few of my Father's Grabows he used to smoke at work that I occasionally bring out.
Grabow's are what I call utilitarian pipes. :lol:

Never had a Grabow pipe. Are those the filtered ones? A co-worker gave me a box of pipe filters, don't fit in anything I have. :?

I've been having a hell of a time finding good stuff around here. Places that call themselves "Tobacco Shops" are nothing more than cigarette outlets with dope pipes. If I'm lucky I can find Captain Black that's been sitting on the shelf for a long time. Had to send my wife to a craft store to get pipe cleaners.

Now that gas is coming down I just might have to make the trip to a decent shop. I just hope I can around one in my chair. :(

Check you local supermarkets - that's where I find my Captain Black. they used to carry about 5 differant variaties, but now just CB and Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey, all of them dried out.

I found a local book store with a pretty good selection. I was quite surprised. They had a black cherry that is very good. Also their CB and BR are fresher. A good selection of Dr. Grabow and Medico then they jump right to the meerschaums. At least it's a step in the right direction.