Some times these gift exchanges are great

Joined Mar 2004
763 Posts | 0+
Tuesday my wife and I went to a Christmas party for her professionals group (a bunch of hoteler accountants). So we are told no more then 10 dollars, my wife looks for something we could use and decided to give these three small lenox picture frames, about $25.00. Well we start going through the numbers and open the gifts which the rule was only one steal per gift. One of the guys from her office picked a bag with a bottle of Talisker and a bottle of red wine. Both of us knew he didn't like either as I was talking to him earlier. So when it came to my wifes turn she stole it. The guy went and picked out a 100 gift certificate for dinner at one of the posh hotels around here then had it stolen (not by my wife or I). He did end up with a white wine which he liked.

I am so stoaked because I got a good bottle of scotch. I think my wife got bumb scoop though on the max of 10$ for a gift.

Martin

That was a great deal for you. Not knowing much about single malts, does it have an age statement? Any sort of "special" bottling?

I'll take a blind stab at it and guess ummmmmm The Talisker 10 Year old... Otherwise they misread the suggested spending limit to be 100.00 instead of 10.00 ~ surely! Even so, for Talisker 10, this person must have spent 3 years in 4th grade, missing the limit by about $30.00!

If you find you don't like that stuff... I'll "steal it" to lift a phrase off of ya Red... Won't even make you pay the postage for the said stolen good.

Attachments

• smiley_nuts1.gif
    smiley_nuts1.gif
    647 bytes · Views: 279
You are correct it is a 10yr. This guy was not the only one to blow the $10 limit. Like I said there was several different gift certificate at the hotels $30, $50, $100. I guess there used to be thing like a comp at some of the hotels for 2 or 3 night. And I am not talking motel six either, these are some nice hotels ie 4 and 5 star.

Well sorry HP, but I do like it. If you come up to the Seattle area I will share some Whiskey and cigars with you.

Cheers
Martin