Something is wrong with Joe!

Joined Nov 2007
1K Posts | 2+
The hills and the hollers
I check Joe's Cigar Daily Deal every morning as part of my cigar habit routine. It has been really slow today, so i have check the site 3 times (not sure why) and each time I have check, it has been something different. This morning it was a Perdermo, around noon it was a Padilla, now its an Indian Tobacco.

Its seems that cigarinternational is stepping up their advertising to make people think they are selling out of their stock quickly, "However, each deal is limited in quantity, and once one sells out, a new deal instantly replaces it. The number, sequence, and quantity of deals are random and will never be announced."

Does anyone really buy into this? Its just a ploy to make the impulse buyer jump on the "deal." I admit, I have purchased the Joe special a time or two, but this is crazy. Who do they think they are kidding...

Dustinl said:
Joe is not to be trusted.

DL
sure he is. i buy a bunch of cigars via joe. the free shipping makes it worth it. thats also when i buy other things from the site. I havent paid shipping from CI for months because of joe.

who cares why they have those deals. if its a good one, run with it.

It's something they have done once or twice before, I also got a deal via joe. But I manage to buy only if I really want it. Even though I want them all! :twisted:

NJsmokey said:
It's something they have done once or twice before, I also got a deal via joe. But I manage to buy only if I really want it. Even though I want them all! :twisted:

Thats kind of why I posted this. They are trying to get you to impusle by. "I think I want it, but i gotta buy it quick before they run out of the unknown inventory!"
I dont like that kinda of marketing. The one day thing gives you all day to research it and make up your mind.

I would still be careful not to wait too long. Some time back I happened to catch the deal a little after midnight with a special on Fuente Cuban Belicosos, which I love. I figured I'd forget if I waited until i woke up, so I purchased it that night. I happened to check the site a little before lunch time and they had already sold out. If the deal's too good, jump at it is my advice.

i always have a list of things that i want to buy at any given moment. if that pops up on cigar joe i buy it. usually i have more than one thing on the list so i take the savings from joe and buy more... almost always works out to about $3-$4 per stick in the end. Most of the time i end up with very high end sticks: gurkha, camacho, greycliff...
OR
a large quantity of slightly lower end sticks: 5 vegas, Oliva (series O, G, V), HdM, RyJ, Onyx...

it works out well.