Stuck foot in mouth!

Joined Oct 2003
746 Posts | 0+
Have you ever smoked a cigar backwards?

....intentionally?

I had a Perdomo La Tradition Cabinet Series Epicure (perfecto shaped) with a badly damaged cap. The damage extended from the tip all the way to the band. I decided to chop off the damage and smoke it from there. After cutting, as you might guess, the wrapper immediately began to unravel. I flipped it around and stuck the foot in my mouth and lit the unraveling end. At first, this seemed to work, but eventually the unraveling became a problem. I was able to salvage it by liberally wetting the wrapper and delicately handling it while smoking.

I've smoked a lot of unwraveling cigars, but never backwards. You figured it out just fine. You have to wet it down with saliva, and the wrapper will hold well enough to smoke it.

Has anyone used the cigar repair kits? The kind with the special glue. . .

i might have to get one of those kits, ive got a couple diplomas that are in pretty bad shape, i should be able to fix them though.

Ive smoked several of the higher end Perdomo with that problem. I love the cigar, but the wrapper seems to always have problems.

The Ligero is placed in a cigar in a way that means it will taste better
smoked the right way -

also the unraveling thingy!

That always happens with my Hemingways.

Hey Bloof, no explanation of your wetting/sucking method? That was one of the funniest things I've seen on this forum...