Suggestions?

Joined May 2007
76 Posts | 0+
Chicago "burbs"
Looking to try a different smoke...I really enjoy the Romeo and Jullieta 1875's, fonsica serie f's, matasa 30th and loved the CAO Brazillia.
Looking for a reasonably priced everyday smoke...
all suggestions welcome :)
Thanks

Patrick, I've been on a 5Vegas Kick lately- the Series A's, and the Limitada's are very good - $4-6.00 per stick and for about $3.00 - I think the cigar.com cigars are great value as well. I personally like the Cameroon labels. Cusano makes a great cigar- reasonably priced- the 1997 Corojo, the 18's. Here's a start anyway.

Nicaro from Tabacaleria Tropical., 601's. Any time you can find seconds from a major brand that you enjoy, I like the Tampa sweethearts myselfas well as the factory direct from Tabacaleria Tropical, they make some of the best low priced smokes I have found. I dont think I will find anything to to replace my morning Don Carlos III but I still am looking & trying just about everything I can find . Enjoy, Vince

I am a big fan of Rocky Patel Sun Grown Factory Selects.. They are resonably priced and I beilve one online vendor has them on sale right now.

flagman said:
Patrick, I've been on a 5Vegas Kick lately- the Series A's, and the Limitada's are very good - $4-6.00 per stick and for about $3.00 - I think the cigar.com cigars are great value as well. I personally like the Cameroon labels. Cusano makes a great cigar- reasonably priced- the 1997 Corojo, the 18's. Here's a start anyway.

yes

I really like the Brazilia Gol, but for a little cheaper stick, the 5 Vegas "A" really hits the mark. Try one out if you haven't already. The Partagas Black Label is another good one, but the price is pretty much comparable to the Brazilia. 5 Vegas have become my everyday smokes. IMHO, they can't be beat for the money.

Arturo Fuente 8-5-8s. The Cameroons and Maduros are both great and should run you 5 bucks tops.

I agree about the 5 Vegas. They're all great value cigars.

Tatuaje makes a very nice White Label. They are mixed filler but are pretty good.

Here's the special on the RP Sun Grown Factory Seconds Toros. I haven't personally had these, but I have had the RP Vintage 1990 Seconds with no complaints.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/sear ... dium=email

Famous also has the Famous Nicaraguan 3000s that are very good, but are pretty full bodied.

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959s are very good as well. Usually these can be found much cheaper than MSRP on the auction sites.

Punch Champions are some of the best cigars Punch puts out and they are very inexpensive online.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll add to the list if I think of more. If you try some of these, let us know what you think.

-Aubrey

I'll second the Exodus 59, Golds are great. Saint Luis Rey Reserva is a pretty cheap stick thats good for the money. If your looking for something really strong and cheap - Joya de Nicaragua Antano is a great cheapie, around $3.50 for the Lancero.

Thanks guys, I am heading up to my local smoke shop today...I will pick up a couple of these.

Can't go wrong with the Padron 0000 series. El Rey Del Mundo Oscura series are pretty good cheapies too. Hard to miss at the store, usually the only tissue wrapped sticks on the shelf. Fonseca Cubano Limitada is another budget conscious good smoke.

Let us know how it goes Patrick. :)

Cloudy said:
Can't go wrong with the Padron 0000 series. El Rey Del Mundo Oscura series are pretty good cheapies too. Hard to miss at the store, usually the only tissue wrapped sticks on the shelf. Fonseca Cubano Limitada is another budget conscious good smoke.

Let us know how it goes Patrick. :)

Two of my favorites as well. If you take a look at the site Acharpe mentioned, try the RP Cuban blend, Honduran Classic, and The American Market Selection. All very good nicely priced smokes.

Thanks Brothers! I did pick up some smokes over the last week.
I have had an love the Fonseca Cubano Limitada, always try to pick one up at my smoke shop. I tried a M1, a very nice morning smoke, also tried a Rocky Patel R4, this smoke was awesome and very reasonably priced. Tim Bylthe was kiind enough to send along some cigar.com cameroon labels with my recent order, this also is a great smoke with every day potential. I have a Vegas Miami resting in my humidor. I need to try the Vegas A's and keep my eye open for some Padrons. I also have a Joya de Nicaragua Antano a brother was kind enough to send, its resting also. I am keeping a lists of what you all suggested and will keep experementing...Thanks so much! :lol: