Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday evening, I tryed to post my Sunday message but the dammm computer. Went blank when I hit send again,,,,, I give up maybe I will have better luck Sunday

Good morning it is Sunday 9/18/16 a warm humid day here in da burgh, Steelers home opener today , BIG DEAL , I will be enjoying some Valvadi , on the CD player with a cigar & a pot of cold brewed Kona , the Hunk O beef is all ready in the oven , & the Boss is happy , for a littl,e while , heres hoping she stays that way all day... entering the 3rd month of retirement,,,, some days is great , some not, , & to make it not so great my chiropractor retired ,,,, well I guess its about time he is 74 & his hands are giving out,,, time to go ,,, so now we still get an attitude adjustment with a weee dram & a cigar .
Breakfsat was a lemon yogert ,an orange coffee and 2 apple spice cookies, and a pot of Ethopian coffee, should set a nice foundation for the kona & the don Carlos #3 , my wife has the a/c all ready on for me in the Qtr.deck , it is just nuts that we still need the a/c this late in sept. , but winter will soon be here , the leaves are loosing the Viberant green & I am seeing a lot of stuff on the ground that will be needing raked soon, the color hasnt started to show, no bright reds yellows & orange , , the golden rod is starting to turn a bit brown & the stink bugs are starting to show up here & there , I have not seen the hummiming birds in a few days , we took down the summer plants and hung up the mumms , I guess they dont like them..... I dont hang plants just for the birds, I hang them as the wife wants them ... end of story hahahah
a new shop had the grand opening in Butler Pa , last friday, I celebrated with a bottle of the Alchemist, a 14 YO Highland park, fired up a nice old ISOM monte #2 , did my part with the new stock he had to choose from & had a great time . glad I didnt drive hahahaha

grandsons are both doing well, both are working and going to school , the oldest is taking a few classes on line and the younger one is upping he nerd status with a Computer class at the local College, one of his Proffesors is a buddy of mine & aware of his hacking abilitys from his exploits in high school.

got my flu shot Friday , & today my arm hurts like hell , I get to go back to the VA on monday for the Pneumonia & tetnis/pertussis/ and what ever shots , not looking fwd for that, , & when I got there on friday there was a fresh pot of coffee , so I grabbed a cup , put about an inch in the cup , could still see the bottm of the cup ,,,, so FRIGGING weak, I have more cafene in my piss ..... maybe I should start getting up early going out there & making the damm coffee so it is drinkable hahahaha , hell no I enjoy sleeping in , today I didnt get up till 8:45 , & if I had not needed to empty the bladder I might still be in bed hahaha well the moment of truth is at hand, the last 2 times I hit POST the screen went blank, we will know shortly , Enjoy, Vince

Well it worked, Vince. The shots sometimes are a pain in the arm, but the flu and whatever else is not something I want to gamble with.

Good morning it is Sunday 9/25/16, 3 months from Christmas day , seams just like yesterday we were enjoying the first signs of spring & now the leaves are turning color and dropping off , soon the forest will be bare and the ground will have a cover of snow...... , I have friends and family in Fla. BUT my wife said NO WAY , so I will get out the snow blower & put away the lawn mower soon. as I have said before, I want to live some place with the NEED of A/c or a sorce of heat to be comfortable, regulated by the amount of open or closed windows, the lack of bugs and a supply of fine cigars and good scotch, and lets not forget the coffee, a nice selection of different ethnic foods and restutrants , Italian, Greek, Mexican, German, Asian, Indian, , Scandanavian, , South American & Austrailian, Hummm did I miss any , oh yes , middle eastern, got to have some Falafel , once in a while, Pizza, Tacos, Sausage, Egg rolls, Curry,Lox, Caviar, and a bottle of bubbly for special days and nights, , I want a nice vista to look at, it can be anything , a city a mountain or beach, forest , I dont care as ling as it is safe and clean, a pool would be nice but a river,ocean or pond will be fine , and if I need to change locations a few times a year that would be ok with me , be like the birds and move with the season , just shut this place up for the winter & hope for the best.... BUT she likes it here so here we stay.

I had a wonderful easy breakfast this morning , nothing fancy or out of the ordinary , but satisfying , a simple plate of Bacon & eggs, toast and coffee, a hearty Ethopian coffee, 12 grain bread lightly toasted with a nice slather of unsalted butter , THICK cut bacon & the eggs were cooked in the bacon fay ,,,, healthy or not the FLAVOR was over the top.

I have some Cod , spinich , feta cheese , Filo dough , & EVOO , going to go in the oven some time this afternoon, I might open a bottle of White wine , got to see what is availble , maybe just some OUZO .....

it is a cool morning here in da burgh , got down to 48 F last night , it is Up to 65 and a lot of sun right now at NOON , damm noon , what happened to the morning ?
well I have nothing more to BS about, I dont want to get into the politics or the shootings and anything Negative, as i see it there is nothing to be gained by talking about it, you need action not words,,, the time to negoshiate is past, but a refressher cource in spellin & typing is on my list of things to do , hahaha like I will ever get to it hahahaha
Enjoy, Vince

hi guys! i have kind of a huge problem... i have three large humidors that i let go dry. probably close to 500 cigars. all good ones. where can i get good info on rewetting my cigars?

There may be something in the site about it. How dry and how long was it that dry ? I'm guessing you should raise the humidity level slowly.

Bring them back slowly and hope for the best. Last year or the year before I found a partial box of cigars out in the garage that had been forgotten for 3 years. I ended up smoking them and they weren't much if any worse than when they were new. Try smoking one when they get to the high 50's in humidity (for several days) and let us know how it went.

good morning it is Sunday OCT 2,2016 a cool wet morning here in da Burgh. AHHH retirement, I wish I had done this sooner, The wife wishes I haddent done it at all,,,,,, the humidors are looking like a convention of thieves went through here , the stock is being depleted as I type , I havent bought many sticks or boxes over the summer & now I see the bottoms of a few of the humidors that used to be jammed full, looks like I might need to cash a few checks & restock,,,,, the bar is in the same deplorable condition, dammm I spelled that correctly , hahahaha just living off the inventory & now its time to restock everything .....
I have a rack of ribs on the grill cooking low and slow , I will be making yams and baked apples to go with the ribs, , everything should be ready about 4/4:30 , depends on when I get the apples on ,,,, no hurry i have no plans other than cigars and coffee for the day & a weeee dram of whisky later today... OH hell we will be hitting it asap, yes it is still before 11 am but I want to get the day started with a Don Carlos #3 a mug of Kona and a few drams of an Islay scotch , we did have a nice breakfast of english muffins , eggs, bacon some of the last home grown tomatoes and a pot of Mexican Chupollis estate coffee, witch needed to be roasted a bit darker for my taste , nothing short of a few shots of espresso cant help. My wife tells me I am smoking to much, drinking to much, & pissing to much, I blame it on the coffee, I interrupt her when I come in to use the can, hey if its a problem there is a few trees I can water hahahahaha

Grandson #2 has his car in the shop for a few things that need to be taken care of so he is driving the Bosses car till his is done, he picked it up Friday night, no idea when his will be finished. He said he would wash it & clean the interior , but the car is spotless inside as I am not allowed to take it out for anything other than filling the tank, NO CIGARS ALLOWED , so i just go to the gas station , fill it & bring it back, her car is an 07 with only 60K on it , mine is an 09 with 133K , we take mine all the time , its MINE I smoke in it , when the next new car is picked up it will get traded , she will get the new on , I will get her old one & the smoking will start,,,,, ahhh cant wait, heated & cooled leather seats, MY butt will be loving it ...... she is thinking of getting a 2017 when the 2018 models come out .... what ever I just hope mine lasts that long hahahaha , dont get me wrong I enjoy the hell out of the Escape , but with all the hills here in western Pa , that NON turbo charged 4 just is way under power with the a/c on , i am getting about 25 MPG running around town , on the highway it gets close to 30, she has a 6 in her Mercury Milan and is getting 19/20 MPG , I can live with that , I just wish I had my Gran Torino Sport with the 351 4 speed and 12 MPG in town & 16 on a trip ,,,, it was yellow with black stripes a big heavy car, almost as quick as my 340 sixpack dodge dart sport, green with white stripes , but the car I want back is the one I had when we got married, a 63 Monza spyder rag top , I loved that car , she hated it , and she didnt want to learn to drive a stick,,,,,,,, so i sold it .... dammmmmm now 40+ years later I want it back ..... & when I hit the power ball you better believe me when I say I WILL GET ONE , If I need to build it from parts hahahahaha

time for me to get the fire started for the DC3 , the kona will be ready in a few minutes and I need to get dressed before heading to the qtr.deck , Enjoy, Vince

Vince, you got me thinkin' about my old Torino Cobra with the 429 and 4 speed. Didn't have it long - got 4-6 MPG. Maybe my favorite was the Nissan Pulsar with the T-tops, tho I had some good times in the old '57 Pontiac convertible-particularly after we dropped a 389 in it after the original engine blew. I was very good at blowing up Pontiacs - at least you could fix the Fords daily. Now I drive a Honda Civic stick and get 36-40 mpg, but I can't smoke in it, but I can smoke in the old Dodge Pickup.
Monza - is that the Nader alert Corvair car ? My buddy totalled one of them and Nader lived about 13 miles from me (and maybe still does).

Last edited:

yep the Monza was the nader car, but it was a great car no matter what ralph had to say about it , , I had a ton or them growing up, Ahhh pontiac , I did have a few of them , my first was a Bonniville station wagon 389 2 bbl a foot ball field with a tire on each cornor , one big old SOB, years later I did get a nice red 4 door bonnie, I got my daughter a Grand Prix , and she was happy with it , I did get to drive it a few times and with a V6 and a traction lock rear end it was great in rhw snow , not enough HP to get you in trouble with exessive tire spin but enough to pull or push you out of a snow bank ,,, I reallly miss the fun I had with cars as a kid, did most of my own work as I didnt have the income to pay some one to do it, now I just dont want to do it , my old bones dont get on the ground or up with out a lot of work hahahaha ,
I have been retired a few months now & have taken up residence in the qtr.deck as the back porch is open to the wind and rain , no music , or computer out there, but here I have all the comforts like a padded chair not a wooden rocking chair, , it is comfortable but after a few hours my ass gets tiered of the had serface I am sitting on, . I tryed to put pads on the seats and that did work untill I left them out over night in the rain,,,, squish went my ass as I sat down on the wet cushion, dammmm it was cold hahahaha ,
right now I have a mug of Chulippa estate coffee a MONTE #2 cabnet and Yo Yo Ma on the cd player the wife is in the house reading and leaving me alone for change hahahaha , ,

the Guy who had the radio show just after me passed away this week, so it is off to the funeral home again, I guess thats what happens when we get old ,,, not attending as many births of family and friends as we are in between generations, we are past that time & the granchildren havent got to that yet. so we all get together at the cemetry , so smoke one for Joe.
Enjoy, Vince

I also had one of those huge Pontiac wagons. I think it was a '66. The kids loved it because the third seat row faced the rear window. The auto tranny went on that beast.

Good afternoon ,got a late start today , but I am almost back on track, it is a cool sunny day here in da burgh only 55 at noon , I have the heat on in the Qtr.Deck and will be heading out soon.

since it is Sunday and cool out the traditional hunk o beef is in the oven,,,,, happy wife... happy life,
we stopped at Costco last week and pick up a package of thick sliced bacon ,,, that went well with the egg and toast we had for breakfast, the coffee was a light roast coffee from a friend , I have no idea where it was grown, he didnt know , but the light roast tells me nothing of its original country, ,,, it was a nice smooth coffee a bit mild for my taste. lighter than the Kona I have every Sunday with the Don Carlos #3 ,,, I am getting ready to head out to Charbucks for a travel mug full of espresso , and a hand full of chocolate covered espresso beans, be still my heart, I can feel the palpatations all ready hahahaha
Friday evening I went to an Alec bradley cigar event ay Butler Cigars , about 35 minutes north of me , had a nice time , got a t shirt and a lighter , a few sticks a bowl of chillie that made my ass burn coming out ! , GOOD STUFF

Opened up a bottle of Irish single malt Knopenee castel 12 YO , aged in refilled bourbon barrels , a great nose and sweetness on the tip of the tongue not in my wheelhouse but a nice whisky to sip with a cigar ,,,, should make a wonderful Irish car bomb, IF I was a beer drinker , ,,, with its sweetness it might make a nice mix with Coffee or Irish Mist , sort of an Irish rusty nail . ,,, better pick up a bottle of Irish Mist & try that... also a Bottle of drambuie to make a real rusty nail , ,,,, normaly I am not a coctail drinker but just talking about it has tickeled my taste buds ,,,

well its almost 1PM I need to get off the computer & out to the qtr.deck, the Yokon Gold spuds go in at 2 Pm and I need to get a cigar started, asap ! Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 10/16/16 a warm sunny day here in da Burgh.Not even noon yet and we are at 71F all ready yes some of you think thats down right cold but our average temp this time of the year is in the 50's so this is great,. the record high for tuesday is 82 and the weatherman said we might break that !!!

the hunk o beef is in the oven and as soon as I get my shit together I an heading to a buddys place for a smoke and a weee dram.
good thinkg I didnt have a wee dram last night , some young lady made a left & caught my front bumper on the drivers side , no one hurt but she cant open her passenger door , , I will need a front bumper & a touch up on the fender , ,,,, just an other inconvience and cost ,,,,

not much else going on , the grandsons are both fine, the wife is happy that she is getting a hunk o beef today , I on the other hand am running a little low on cigars , I have been smoking a lot and havent bought many , so the humidors are looking a little lost ,,,, looks like I need to hit the lottery and restock hahaha

Enjoy, Vince

good afternoon , it is a cool sunny day here in da Burgh just about 50 F , the leaves are starting to drop from the trees and there is frost on the windshild when I get up before sunrise. Today my grandson is 21 ,,, as far as I know he was hitting the bar last night at midnight to have his FIRST legal drink. a collection of friends from work were getting together, I went to bed, to late for me ! he is working today so I hope he had a little discression .

I made some cheese blintzes this morning with dark cheery preserves and sour cream

time for a cigar and coffee
Enjoy, Vince

good morning it is Sunday Oct. 30 2016 the day before halloween, no big deal here , I didnt do much in the way of decorations outside , changed the lights on one tree to putple .... went all out hahahaha
I have a pot of fall blend from ch@rbuck$, I like it but the boss said its to strong..... there is a cold brewed kona in line for the next pot ,,, I am startining the day with a 2016 Macanudo MAO robusto, it comes in its own coffen , I havent opepened it yet to look at what I have .
Breakfast was a simple bacon and eggs , toast, and coffee, I wanted to go all out and make a baked eggs and bacon in a biscut crust but the boss said it would make to much of a mess, she is always right....
I have a chicken and rice dish planned , the boss said she was ok with that , go figure.... no hunk o beef......
the weather has been off the hook it is 68 with about a 50% cloud cover , but a cold front is on its way and should be in the 40's by this evening , and only in the low 50's on monday ....
its time to light up the Mao and get rid of all the morning coffee, Enjoy, Vince

11:58 AM Good morning it is Sunday 11/6/16 a some what warm sunny day here in da burgh, we are getting company for the Sunday hunk O Beef it is in the oven all ready the oldest grandson is on his way , so i picked up a larger than usual roast , just under 4 pounds, instead of the 2/2.5 small hunk o beef we normilly have, an extra potato & extra carrots a bigger pot and all is set for a 4 PM start time.

we did a bunch of yard work yesterday , a few hundred pounds of leaves from the trees in the yard, , rake them into piles , suck them up in the grinder, and when the bag is full , it gets dumped on the compost pile, the bags were between 25 & forty pounds each & I dumped them 16 times , a LOT of leaves .
retirement sucks , I am thinking of getting a part time job after being off for 5 months, just need to get out of the house, , smoking way to much , I sold 2 300 count humidors as they were empty & I have no idea when they might get refilled, I still have 15 humidors but got rid of the 2 biggest, I have been smoking a lot of the old stock never to be seen again,some of the sealed boxes were, Partagas 150's & 160's , montes from 99, macanaudo from 98, all my Cubans, along with a lot of the one of a kind special hand rolled from Tampa , & New Orleans . sad to see them go , some were wonderfull some were average, some just didnt live up to the long storage, the Macanudos were the biggest suprize, they were great, I am not much into very mild sticks but this box was just great. The montes were the biggest disapointment , as well as a few of the Cubans , BUT the Partagas series d #4's were the best I have smoked in years, the scotch stocks are also dwindling ..... I guess i better get to the store and re stock......
the coffee today was a quick trip to charbucks for a big mug of espresso for me and a chestnut praline latte for the boss. the cold brew sunday kona will be ready about 1PM , it will be paird with a Cammeroon wrapped H Upman torpedo.

with election day this Tuesday I am about had it with the BULLSHIT from all the different camps, I havent seen one positive add, all are Bitching about how low and sleezy the other guy is , from POTUS to a local Community councilman here in the township , tell me some thing positive about your self dont attack the the other guy.

it is time for me to get to the kitchen and press the Kona , get it warmed up a tad and start on the UPMAN Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 11/13/16 a cool sunny day here in da burgh we have had a heavy frost the last couple of days and the stink bugs have found a way in from the cold , I pulled 4 off the lamp shade last night & got 2 more this morning , how they get in is your guess as well as mine . I did get up on a kitchen chair to get one off the ceiling in the living room and strained my right knee getting up , ,,,, looks like I am getting OLD hahahaha , I had an elastic knee brace from the old days of playing tennis & it helped a bit , no swelling just pain , and a clicking sound I havent heard in years , well it might be time for a trim of the cartlige , had it done years ago when I was working at the post office .
the trees in the yard are almost bare & we have removed a ton of leaves all ready , a few more off the top of one tree and we will be done with it till next year.

Breakfast was a bowl of Cream of wheat , with golden rasins , dryed cranberrys , and bananas , I sort of miss the eggs and bacon , well just the bacon hahaha , but I will fix that as I have a bacon wrapped pork loin and peppers going into the oven soon, a few yams , and some rice , should make a nice Sunday meal.

the grandsons are both busy with there jobs,school and life , OHHH to be young again
with the oldest one now 21 , we can go out and drink together , but he is kind of laid back about it , I guess he didnt want to hang out with an old man in a bar with his friends ...... cant blame him .... I never know what the hell the kids are talking about anymore , speaking English but dammm I dont understand the BS .

OK the election is over , the Donald won,killory gave a nice consession speech, , its all over till Jan.20,2017 but the children who got particapation trophys all there lives now have come to the FACT that they lost ,,, he is not my president , hands to small cant build a wall, ,,,, BULLSHIT , your an adult , act like one , didnt get your way you cry ,,, GROW UP and face the world , life isnt fair, its not a bed of roses , OHHH yes it is roses have thorns , thats life protest all you want , the electorial vote makes it even for all people , if not the top twenty citys in the USA could all band together and pick the next president , based on Population, with the electorial votes it gets the wide open spaces of the farmers and ranchers the same power as the city dwellers., I lived through 8 years of klinton and 8 years of bho , you can make it for 4 years of the Donald , then we can re evaluate it then.

I had a pot of Zimbobaway estate coffee with the cream of wheat , No Kona today , I wanted some thing BOLD and fullllll Body , there is an Eathopian brewing all ready, the cigar will be an old Eddie Oertaga, the cello is DARK BROWN when removed from the cigar ,,, I had one a day ago , wow , still a fine smoke , I have no idea exactly how old this box is, , down to my last few sticks in this one, I have no idea what I will get into next.
I need to get off the computer and back to the kitchen & get things moving as I need some ass time in the Qtr.deck after my walk this morning with coffee and a cigar , a short walk as it is CHILLY out , turn on the base board heat in the Qtr.deck a quick walk arround the block or two & time for some more coffee jazz and cigar, the single malt scotch is after the bacon wrapped pork loin ....
Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.