Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning it is Sunday Nov5,2017 a cool wet day here in da Burgh , a bit on the warm side for the time of the year , but sitting here looking out the window a typical fall day , over cast , windy and drab.

We started the day with bacon and scrambled eggs with cheese , but for a surprize my wife picked up a nice fall blend of coffee from our local roaster, 8 oz. columbian , 4 ounces Hazelnut, 2 oz, Vanilla, and 2 OZ Cinnamon , all ground together , I am not a Big fan of flavored coffee but this was a nice change from the strong dark roast I enjoy all the time , I dont think I would want it all the time but this was good , and thank GOD no pumpkin . it seams to me that there is pumpkin flavored everything, all the way to Pumpkin sented fall air for your tires hahahaha

the weather man said it should clear up later today so I have some pork chops in a light marinade and will be tossing them on the grill later , along with Onion baked Potatoes and a crustless apple pie , all made in the grill , the spuds are sliced almost all the way through but a leave about 1/4 of an inch at the botton and between easch slice I add a slice of onion , a little salt and butter , it gets a foil wrap and on the grill , the same for the crustless apple pie, , the apple is sliced buttered a pinch of salt fresh grated cinnamon and nutmeg a spoon of sugar and a foil wrap around the Ceramic crock and onto the grill , a real easy meal , all done outside , and I can enjoy a cigar as everything cooks . today i will be starting the day with a Padron 1964 anniv. corona
and a cup of Kona from the press pot .

we changed the clock last night and today we are back on standard time , I see no need or understand why we do this , i have heard many storys about the change but the best on is the Native American who said only the white man can cut the top off a blanket , sew it to the bottom a think he has a longer blanket, Now that I understand .

No BS about the grandsons , they are Busy living there own lives , I was looking at the photos and marvel at the change from Babies to toddlers, to children and now adults . MAKES ME FEEL OLD hahaha

Dont forget Tuesday is election day , if you dont vote dont complain. , I have never missed an election , ever, , even when I was in the Navy and not home I got a ballot and voted , I have never voted a straight ticket in my life , you need balance , so i split up the ticket for as much diversity as I can , I have voted Capt. Kirk, Mr.Spock and Mickey Mouse more than one time to show my displeasure in the offering for any position. . some say its throwing away a vote but when an unquilified person is running UNAPPOSED , why bother voting for them , our local Twp. government has non paying positions , so not a lot of people un for them , if you want to start out its great place , , most positions should be non paying ! everyone should take a turn and give back to the community , but one time , then get out and let some one else take a turn , there should be 4 or 5 people wanting to take the turn every election , but some are always open and the write ins win , a few years ago 5 votes was the majorty on one office out of 200 votes , for a position with out a canidate .
time for me to get going , the cigar is not going to smoke it self , hahaha .

So what are you cooking and smoking today???
Enjoy, Vince

I have no idea what happend and Why the posting was not Green , it shows in the copy but not in the page

Good morning it is Sunday 11/12/17 a cold gray day here in da Burgh , we set a new LOW temp on Saturday of 17 F as the official temp at the airport but a lot of the ' burbs were in single Digit my back deck got down to 15 and a friend who has the same thermometer type as mine said he was down to 11 , he is a few miles NW of me in a valley , what ever , it was COLD over night , Last Tuesday I was in Sumerset Pa and it was snowing so hard I was only able to see the tail lights of the car in front of me , , the next day I sat outside with a cigar and coffee at the same rest stop on the turnpike , sitting in the sun with the temp hovering above 40, Two trips last week from Cranberry to Willow Hill Pa , it was a great week, I drove out a 4 door F150
FX 4 X 4 ,and brought back an Audi BIG BOAT , , loved the heated seats and heated wheel , it had a GREAT sound system with XM radio , listened to JAZZ the entire trip home , on Wed, we went back out in the Van and brought back 3 more cars, I drove a Fiat 500 , with a stick shift , , it was a KICK !!! it's been a few months since I drove a stick., Not a tire burner but it ran nice at turnpike (70) + speeds hahaha

Breakfast was a grilled english muffin , with egg, bacon ,tomato and swiss cheese I did add a little spicy brown mustard from a local farm market , I watched them make it a few times and dammmm when the horse radish is added it will make your eyes water....

Todays eye opener pot of coffee was a MIX of 3 different estate coffees from Columbia , all were medium roast , I like it a bit darker but the boss likes the lighter , so we compomise and go with her choice hahahaha , I have a pot of Dark roast Nicaraguan almost ready to press and the Don Carlos III is waiting to be clipped lit and savored along with the coffee. My darling wife turned on the heat in the Qtr.deck for me as I am still in my robe and slippers , by the time I get dressed and out for the cigar it should be warm, she said it was 38 inside this morning , with the base board heater on full it should be in the comfort zone by Noon. By then I might need to make Third pot of coffee .... I do need to rethink a bathroom in the Qtr.deck , it will keep me from coming back in the house every half hour hahahaha . well the potatos need to go in the roast about 1:30 so I will most likely be in so it will all work out and the money for the bathroom can go to cigars and scotch.
My grandsons car is back in the shop , transmission problems again , it is an automatic that will not upshift , the shop has had the car since last Monday , I have no idea when they will get it back to him. Since he is Under 25 they will not give him a loaner , or even rent him one , so he is driving the wife's car , and she is driving the Chrysler 200 Loaner , Nice car BUT NO SMOKING , so she has it , since I dont smoke in her car its no big deal for me as long as I have mine , the ashtray on wheels hahaha

number 2 grandson is still working 2 jobs, at night at Amazon and afternoons at Kmart , But the Kmart will be closing after the first of the year and he will turn in his keys then, he is studying for his certification tests for some kind of a computer job , he is doing the job now but with the certificate he Gets a nice pay boost ,that will more than cover the cost of the classes and testing.

I have been pestering the boss for what she wants for Christmas this year, last year we got a furnace, hot water tank and new A/C unit , this year I hope to get he something a little more personal , she is tuff to buy anything for , me on the other hand , I am so dammm easy , Cigars and scotch..... hahahaha

, I guess that's about all the BS I have this week , still waiting to hear from some of you readers , what are you smoking, cooking and drinking ????
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning oit is Sunday 011/19/2017 a cold wet amd windy day here in da Burgh, wow what a difference a day makes yesterday it was over fifty BUT we got almost 2 inches of rain , today the wind is gusting to 40 MPH and the temp has been dropping since midnight , right now it's in the upper 30's and heading down .
I woke up this morning before the Sunday paper was here , and didnt do much till about 9 AM , the wife had the coffee on , , our Holiday blend of Columbian, Sumatra , and Yemen , brewed with a few ground Hazel nuts in the mix , I made a grilled Cressaunt with swiss cheese , bacon, tomato and egg for myself and one for the boss, , we finished the Holiday blend coffee with breakfast and now I am working on a pot of Indian monsoon , the press pot of kona will hit the cup some time after lunch today . I have a fine cigar to smoke with it a Churchill Anjaho from Fuente , the Maduro Opus X as I like to call it .
since today is Sunday and the Hunk O beef is a must , I took the Hunk of beef , cut it up in tiny bite sized pieces , browned it with some marrow bones added a bunch of veggies and a little Beef stock ( 2 Quarts) and made a BIG pot of soup , should be ready about 4/4:30 , there is a bowl of bread dough raising now and I will be baking it off later , time it so it is done about 3:30/4 , so we can have it with the soup , right out of the oven.

Yesterday was a reallllllly lazy day for me , I didnt get out of bed till almost noon , sat on the couch watchng TV , till almost 6 PM , got a shower and took the boss out to Charbucks for her Gingerbread Latte , I had my usual double espresso , we drove a few hours listening to the FREE XM radio , I refuse to Pay for Radio but the car has it so when its free I listen to the 50/60;s when the wife is with me and Jazz when she is not, I had a Dbl Corona burning and great coffee, Oldies on the radio , what a great night even with the rain. , yes I refuse to pay for radio , but I am paying for TV, who would have thought we would be drinking bottled water and paying for broadcast from the TV stations, but since Most of the stuff I watch is only on cable and not on the over the air broadcasting I am STUCK, and comcast if getting to me , with internet , phone and Tv , we are paying over 150 a month, .... I payed 9.95 a month for internet years ago , slow as hell but cheep, then Comcast came in , suckered me into a "DEAL" , 200 TV stations High Speed Internet, and phone service all for less than I was paying for my phone , back then almost every place I called was a toll call , Now its all free, anyplace in the country , no more long distance charges , well it has gone up ever since the special rate got us hooked on all the great stations and movies, then one day the guy shows up and hooks my TV to the sound system and adds the music stations, 40 different stations all playing a different style of music , JUST 10 bucks a month more and we will extend the HBO for 6 months free, , that was about 20 years ago longer shorter I have no idea, , now I am up to almost 200 a month for stuff we got for free years ago, ,,,, why do i spend between 25 and fifty bucks a week at starbucks???? , I make great coffee here at home,why do I pay for TV when I could put up an antenna and get the stations out of Pittsburgh and Youngstown Ohio for free, thats a lot of cigars and whisky money going to things that are NOT cigars and whisky ... well enough BS I need to get busy with my cigars and coffee this morning , the heat is on in the qtr.deck , cant do much with the soup but give it a stir here and there , so its off to the Humidor to pull out todays pick.
What are the rest of you smoking , drinking and eating today?

Good afternoon , it's a chilly clear day here in da Burgh , a little above average temp for this time of the year , still need some heat in the qtr.deck. It was 38 when I went out to turn on the heater . We got off to a late start this morning , well I did , I have no idea what time the boss got up , I got the call just before 9 AM that it was time for me to make breakfast, so the english muffins were buttered and grilled , covered with swiss cheese, tomato, bacon and egg . and a pot of ZOOM , , jury is out on the taste, but no doubt about the KICK , I have been ZOOMING ever since , BUT I feel it subsiding,,,, I have all ready been out to fix the wind chimes and cleaned up some branches that were dislodged by last nights wind, no damage that I can see . Since this is the Sunday after thanksgiving I get the day off of cooking Sunday Dinner as there is Turkey left over , and if it isnt gone today , it will get tossed into Mondays Soup, Fallout Monday, everything thats left over is soup... some times its great, some times not so great.
I did make two meals Thursday , my grandson who is a vegan ate with us so he got a tofu stir fry with veggies and barley , we had turkey and the BS to go with it . , he took most of the vegan leftovers home with him , I did keep some of the barley for the soup.

I have been BUSY at the car lot , worked 4 days this past week, off on Thursday and finished up on Saturday . driving the shuttle van, swapping cars with other dealers, running for parts , it was a busy week, a great job for any retired person , just be nice to the customers, and do what you need to do , no thinking or planning , then sit and sip coffee and play games on the phone ! Sure beats working . hahahaha

We have all the Thanksgiving decor down and all the Christmas stuff outside Up and running all but the tree itself , we just ran out of gas , and time , She is going to the Doctors in the morning, I work Tuesday and Wendsday , so Maybe we can get the tree up Thursday ....

after that pot of Zoom , I am just going to make a Columbian estate coffee to go with todays Ashton Churchill , going Mellow and will be cooking all the meal in the microwave hahahaha a Lazy day for the rest of the day , I am DONE , time for a cigar and then a NAP hahaha Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 12/3/17 a cool bright day here in da Burgh , I just turned on the heat in the Qtr.Deck I have the hunk O beef in the oven , and the kitchen is cleaned up after the prep work, the wife is in a good mood , & breakfast was a bacon ,egg, swiss cheese& Tomato on a grilled english muffin , the coffee was Erdue from Hallowed Grounds in New Brighton Pa a great coffee roaster . I have 3 pounds of different blends of Christmas coffee to drink between now and the end of the Holiday Season , since I celebrate , Christmas twice , December & again in Jan , Chanunaka, , festivis , and any other celebration that shows up , I am ready to celebrate with EVERYONE .
i got most of shopping for the wife finished , still have a few looses
ends to get tied up , but it is just finding the time to get away without her being there .
I went back to King Beaver cigars Friday Night , for the Whisky tasting , had a few nice drams of scotch , and some 28 Year old brandy and a weeeee bit of Mescale , got a few cigars and was home by nine and at Charbucks with the wife at 9:30 , a great day for cigars and booze . , I have a Don Carlos #3 clipped and ready to fire up the Kona is ready and so am I .

What are you cooking drinking and smoking ?????
Enjoy Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 12/10/17 a cold overcast day here in Da Burgh, there is a trace of snow on the ground and some of the roof is covered on the Barn . looks like a good day to just go back to bed , but I have a lot to do today , there is a hunk of beef to get ready and get in the oven, breakfast to make , and coffee to drink, cigars to smoke ....... Just like every Sunday ........

the Social security letter came this past week showing we got a raise, hahahaha , the deductions for medicare and perciptions also went up and between my wife & Myself we will net 25.60 a month LESS after the raise , ... our government in progress

And speaking of government , it is a sad day to see Sen. Al Frankin leaving , as a comeadian I always liked him as a senator he was always ready with tuff questions for anyone in a senate hearing , when he ran for senate I thought it was a joke , like when Pat Paulsin ran for President , but he was no joke in office , maybe the pressure of DC got to him , , hey I am not the same guy I was 20 years ago and I dont think what he did before becoming a Senator , as long as he didnt keep up the same old BS and kept his hands to him self AFTER becoming a senator , Did any of his staff people complain ? Lets face it DC is a circus run by the inmates , nothing gets done with out a pay out or a fundraiser for this or that , no one will do anything with out a pat on the back and a fist full of cash , and the pat on the back is optional.

I hope you all have a great holiday season , it is a wonderful time of the year last night as we drove through a few areas looking at the lights on some of the home , it is apparent that some people with tons of money have little or no taste when setting up a display , some are so OVER the top , its a wonder that they dont pull down the power grid, others are just a plain pine wreath on the door , well I am a lazy type , I have 3 Lazers , a red one, blue and a green one , lights up the house with dots that do not move , they are old and were Big Bucks when they came out , now they are costing a lot less with movement and shapes .
This mornings coffee is a Holiday blend from Hickory Farms , a touch too much spice is my only complaint , I LOVE coffee but this is just OK in my book , the first blend from hickory farms was much better than this offering , it came in Whole bean or all ready ground , we got the whole bean and would grind it as needed , this year the package is smaller and is only pre ground , it lackes the punch the orginal had , it has been a few years since it came out and a few years it was not on the shelf or in the catalog , but it is back this year , and it is not near as good as it was .

I was able to find a BLUE Opus X , , it will be smoked with an old single malt , Brubeck on the CD player and a big mug of UNFLAVORED coffee, , kona is a bit on the light side so i think I will go with a Medium dark roast South American , or Arfican grown coffee and hope for the best.

time to get started with the day , Enjoy, Vince

what happened to the posting I put up for today ????

Good morning it is Christmas Eve for 2017 a cold wet day here in da Burgh . for some reason last weeks post was taken down , dont know why ..... I will try again today .
All the cookies are done , the Ham is ready to go in the oven , some of the gifts are under the tree, and i didnt wrap anything , it all went into gift bags , so dammmmm easy , a bag lined with tissue paper , the gift goes in , more tissue paper on top , no tape , no ribbon no problems ....

Breakfast was a fridge fall out scrambled egg dish , all the veggies that were prepped for the big meal , and not used in the assembly of the dish went into the pot , eggs and cheese were added , bacon on the side , keep tossing till the eggs have set the cheese melts. , didnt make any toast , just a BIG pot of Christmas Coffee , a base of Columbian AA , add a few shots of Frangellicia , Butterscotch snapps , Tia Maria , Goldshalagger, , nothing like an early morning BUZZ , glad all the knives are put away and all the prep is done, I have no reason to cook intoxacated , that way I dont cut myself ...
I will be making the yams later today and the wife is going to venture into the world of Bread making , and bake up some Rolls , I wanted to do the Fish for all but was over rulled , , so today is the big Christmas Dinner for the friends and family , , Christmas Morning we are going to the oldest grandsons for a VEGAN Brunch , I am making mashed Yams with Pecans , made with some type of Vegan butter substitute .... the proof will be in the eating I cant hardly wait hahahaha

That's about all I have this week , Wishing you all a Merry Christmas And Happy New Year .....
Enjoy Vince

good morning it is Sunday Dec 31 2017 , New Years eve a BITTER COLD day and week here in da Burgh , We have been under 20F all week with wind chills below zero . YES it is COLD , I havent tryed to heat the Qtr.deck all week , its just to dammmm cold , , so the only 2 bars in my area that allow cigars have been seeing a lot of me , one place did get a Laphroaig Qtr Cask , for me but the best the other and closer of the 2 thought Johnny Walker Red was as fine a scotch as they would get , well it is scotch , black would have been better , BUT an Islay single malt is what I want this time of the year , some thing to warm you right down to the tips of the toes. , today being Sunday only place open has the Qtr.cask AMEN
I will be heading there some time this after noon , for just a weee dram hahahaha
For Breakfast i made a Ham and cheese scrambled egg for the wife and myself , she made the last pot of our holiday Blend of coffee and starting monday we will be going to a bag of Presto George Holiday blend, a coffee roaster in Pittsburgh that my brother got us for Christmas , made a small sample of it last night , different from mine , more nutmeg less cinniniom , witch I do like , we will see monday morning how a full pot will taste .
the Pork is all ready being kissed by the sour kraut , should be ready about 4/4:30.

Yesterday I took the ham bone from Christmas and made a pot of ham and green bean soup , we had that for supper last night , along with some fresh baked bread made from frozen dough that was made before Thanksgiving , let it rise, punch it down , wrap it tight and freeze it ,,, turned out tasty and flakey crust , it absorbed the broth like a sponge .....

Last week's Christmas Vegan Brunch went well the food was good and varried from Country to country with Far east and middle east dishes , mine was as Southern as you can get , Yams with Pecans and my favorite Smithfield Ham , no not fake ham the real deal , , since my grandson is the only vegan , I thought everyone might enjoy some MEAT. , it was all gone but a lot of the yams were still left , just shows what we want to eat, the Grilled Brussel sprouts were outstanding with the bacon topping also .
my wife and I both got Google Personal assistants , no bigger than a hockey puck but loaded with anything you want to know , on the order of Serie and Alexa , just say hey google and ask it anything , plays music from the net , and the sound quality is better than my boom box I have in the Qtr.Deck , so I can replace that, clear a lot of table top space and get rip of all the CDs taking up space , as EVERYTHING is on the google and it hangs on the wall freeing up ashtray space hahaha
I hope you all had a wonderfull Christmas and a safe and happy new year, , time for me to put on some pants and get the car warm for my trip out to the bar for a cigar and a scotch , Enjoy, Vince

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.