Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, max well house, I was lazy & didnt feel like getting out the grinder , it was ok coffee , but it sure leaves a lot to be desired when you are drinking great coffee all the time !, the price we pay for being lazy, well I think I will grind some santos for the morning pot before I go to work !. Enjoy, Vince

And well woth the effort I might add, I have a bag of Mexican Margoheppie , that has a great aroma, I will be getting into it this week ! Enjoy, Vince

That's Mexican Maragogipes, or Mahttah-go-hee-peh if you're trying to phonetically pronounce the Spanish, and is a certain type of coffee bean, a species if you will, a very large round bean. Maragogipes are not just common to Mexican coffee, if I'm not mistaken.

Yea thats the stuff, its in a sealed bag & I havent opened it yet to see what it looks like, I just didnt know how to spell it & was to lazy to get up & look at the bag ! Enjoy, Vince

March 28, a wonderfull Blue sky morning here in the Burgh I have a pot of coffee that is a mix of all the last few beans in about 5 different bags , never to be made again blend, I dont know what to call it , its good but not great, & I have a Cuban Monte Dbl Corona calling my name , its off to the Qtr.Deck & a fine Sunday morning smoke ! Enjoy, Vince

Off to the quarterdeck, SIR, YES SIR!!!

TENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCH HUT!!!

HEADED DOWN BELOW, SIR!!! 22 BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES ALMOST DONE, SIR!!! GETTING READY FOR A SECOND TASTING OF A NEW BOURBON, SIR YES SIR!!! WILL REPORT ON BOURBON LATER, SIR!!!

And a cigar might be in the offing as well. I've done that business of taking stray beans and putting them together to make a blend. I once really hit on something, but have long since forgot the coffees and formula.

Oh, by the way, the pancakes were a REAL 22 this time, maybe even the equivalent of 25 or more.

That bourbon's gonna hit the spot as I check out this past week's All My Children episodes.

Well I got off my slimming behind & got out to the Qtr.deck to have a cigar & get back in & post before noon, & at 11:57 I just made it, ! I started the morning off with a Monte #4 Cuban , & I wish I could say a great cup of coffee But I just didnt have the taste for coffee, so I had a weee sip of water no Scotch ! , so far I am down 34 pounds since the 8th of April, when I had the gastric by pass, , its raining here in the Burgh, so here I go back to the Qtr.deck for an afternoon smoke ! Enjoy, Vince

I see your weight is down, and I certainly hope and pray that your health is up. Your spirits seem to always be up, and you are indeed a man to be admired for that, a blessing to those fortunate to know him.

As far as my spirits go, I am sipping from a freshly opened bottle of my current No. 21, Corner Creek Reserve 8 year old 88 proof.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't be a stranger. :wink:

P.S. - What's with the radio show these days?

Not a lot different at the radio station, I have been putting in my 20 hours a week & thats about it, I stop every afternoon at B&B cigar for a smoke & some BS, I have had a few local chefs on the air & we just get carried away with the BS , almost missed the news, we where just in the zone of Food !!!!!Enjoy, Vince

So, what's the schedule? It seems your hours have expanded. Is it still *1460 for Verizon Wireless customers?

Hey, your hours have expanded, and your waistline has shrunk!!! :shock:

From the Qtr.Deck

well the computer has been in the repair shop, I have I lost 80 pounds since April 8 th. down under 340 as I write this !!!! , yes its still star 1460 on verision, & I am on 10 am till noon weekdays on 1460 & I do some production work for 1230 WBVP from 8 till 10 every morning, we are just across the hall from them both owned by the same guy.
its a wonderfull day here in the Burgh, I have a Monte #2( Cuban Of course) & a pot of Columbian all ready to go as soon as I get off the computer , the Qtr.Deck is open & the smoking lamp is lit, all hands report to your Goofing off stations !
Enjoy, Vince

VINCE!!!

HOW YINZE DOIN'???????

It sounds like you AND your computer have been in the shop. Hey, if you're really down to 340, the Jets could always use a powerful run stopper.

Just asking. :D

Great to hear from you. Hope the health is up while the weight is down. Just finished putting together my new lawn mower, the old fashioned push along reel mower kind. Got some hedge cutting, general trimming and a little lawn mower test going on in a little while. See ya later. Thanks for checking in.

Took the wife and kids to the lake today. It was the perfect time to enjoy a smoke, so I brought a Chateau Fuente Royal Salute Maduro. While mild, it's still a good smoke when you're watching the kids splashing around trying to catch fish and not getting wet yourself.

I must restock on Opus X. I'm starting to go through Opus Withdrawal.

yep Under 340 above 330 , dont have any idea where but under 340, thats what I was at the last weigh in, but that was 2weeks ago my bathroom scale stopps at 330 , & I peg it out, , the Jets, you must be joking, why would I want to play for the jets? the STEELERScan use a lot more help, but I would rather be in front of the fire place with a fine cigar a single malt & a cup of coffee listening to Mozart than go outside in the cold & play a game thats all for the money & not just for the game any more, High School Football is the best , they play for there school & the glory, No money , look at the Big time schools, Oklahomo, NotreDame,USC, Fla. & Michigan, et all , BIG BUCKS !!!!!!!! H.S. is the best.
time to put the roast beast in the oven !
Enjoy, Vince

tr.Deck & have a fine Sunday morning Smoke & listen

August First ! hot & humid here in the Burgh at 11am I have a cup of Columbian & a Bahia Blu Toro & am ready to start the day, breakfast was one scrambled egg & one slice of bacon, no toast, now I am getting ready to head to the Qtr.Deck& start the day with a great smoke & listen to a little Mozart ! Enjoy, Vince

Good morning, Big Vin----------, errrr, I mean, good morning, Slim!!!

Maxine is 16 years old today, just gave her some catnip and she is verrrrryyyyy content. This is also the 29th anniversary of my moving out into the world and getting my first apartment.

Other than that it's disgustingly humid here and I can't wait for the big cool down next weekend. Getting ready for some Nicaraguan high grown coffee, from the Freedom Press of course.

Allmost noon here in the Burgh, I just came in from the Qtr.Deck, I woke up at 5:50 am, today, had to drain the lizard, well since I was up I hit the button on the coffee maker & walked out to the end of the drive way to get the paper, stopped at the Qtr.deck, turned on the lights & the heater, got down to 48 last night, & I left the window open , a bit chilly in there, , came in the house poured a big mug of java Jive & headed back to the humidor, grabbed a Masterpiece & headed back to the Qtr.Deck, well 3.5 hours later I came in & made a little breakfast for the wife & myself, & went back out to finish the paper, , its now noon & I have a little coffee left & am wondering what should I smoke after lunch , A Davidoff Gran Cru, a Bahia Blu, a Cuban Monte #2 or just hope one of my cigar smoking buddys shows up with a few sticks to share, any way I have the rest of the day to make that choice , maybe some one will help out & bring me a nice Diamond Crown , Yea thats the ticket ! a Diamond crown, & a little more coffee & a weeee dram of single malt ! Enjoy, Vince

Good Afternoon, Sir!!!

You and Castle Crest should get together regarding coffee, and even cigars. Got cool here too last night, 54 when I went to bed around 4 a.m., but I know it got colder than that a couple hours later.

Watching the women's marathon, going to see if Radcliffe is up to the challenge of the course and the climate. No world records today folks, just a grueling test of mettle.

Y'all have a great day, y'heah???

Did you see the ladies 100?? a local girl from Rochester HS got Silver in the finals, her dad hangs out at the cigar shop in Rochester, B&B Cigar, my home away from home !! Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.