Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching that "local girl from Rochester HS" develop for the past couple of years or so. Her name has been bandied about as the heir apparent in American women's sprinting, and she has taken every step toward doing so in the past couple of years. Brilliant run, despite being technically unsound. All heart, she'll go far, many Olympics in her future.

Got up late today, after 9:30 so I havent been to the Qtr.Deck as yet , But I have the water & Coffee in the Freedom Press pot steeping as I type, a wonderfull expresso roast Milano coffee & a Davidoff Gran Cru, Churchill my Last One from the box & with out working as yet I dont see a box of Davidoff's in the near future hahahaha ! But I am not looking for a job yet, so I just might need to cut back on the Superb cigars & just smoke great ones for a few weeks or so hahahahaha !!! , The beef roast is in the oven & the bell just rang on the timer so the coffee is ready, , Time for a cigar ! Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon, Vince and others!!! Had some great coffee myself this morning in Ye Olde Freedome Presse. It was a blend of about 60% Rwanda Masaka and 40% Indian Mysore, both from our good friend, Castle Crest.

Last night, for the final night of track and field in the Athens Olympics, I selected a fine Cuban cigar, a 4 13/16x50 Ramon Allones. The more I smoke them, the more I am inclined to echo the sentiment that there is simply no cigar like a fine Cuban cigar and this was no exception.

I lit this cigar at 2121 hours last night, and for the next 50 minutes a veritable symphony of flavors played on my palate. It was a cigar with a perfect draw, beautifully thick, rich smoke, and bold flavors of powdery lavender, nectar, earth and cream dancing all over my mouth for the duration. It was a great preview to a full moon's walk to and from the supermarket, the kind of cigar and night you remember fondly, and for a long, long time.

Here it is 5:15 pm & I am just getting to post my Sunday Morning smoke, , well better late than never, we had a nice breakfast of bacon & eggs, & then I took what was left in the Freedom Press pot to the Qtr.Deck & a Nate Sherman Lonsdale , I dont know what line it is from , it has been in the humi a few years, all I know it was a red over gray band , nice smoke lasted just over an hour, smooth & mellow, but I think the few years in the humi had some thing to do with that, I have a Fonseca calling my name as I type, the Osa Bucco I made for supper was great & the little bit of Zin that was left over from the cooking & the meal will go down with the Fonseca just fine ! Enjoy, Vince

9/12/04- Took the boss out for breakfast this morning, I didnt feel like cooking this morning & I had a cupon by one get one free so I had to use it !!, any way after the eggs & bacon we came home & I filled the Freedom Press Pot with Kenya AA & procededed to the Qtr.Deck with an Opus X Dbl.Corona , well that was at 11am, its now 3:35 pm & I still have a slight Buzz ! hahaha, what a way to start the day ! WOWWWWWW , well its time to start up the mix for the home made ice cream , the tenderloin will hit the grill about 4 pm., I will roast some corn on the cob, grill some summer squash & make a picture of sangria, some fresh salsa verdi & corn chips to kick it all off( that why the ice cream, , this salsa is as hot as I can stand it, so Hurry up ice cream ! ) Enjoy, Vince

I've got an idea for you, Vince. Since your recipes always get me salivating, since you seem to be a master of hospitality, and since you're looking for something to do in life besides just sit back and enjoy being retired, how about a . . .

Bed and Breakfast??? :wink: With a cigar lounge??? :shock:

Just a thought. :D :D :D

I have one right here, any time you want, Bed, breakfast, luch,dinner, midnight snack, full service bar, & the Qtr.Deck is open when ever its needed !
Enjoy, Vince

Thats not a problem, I get paid for what I do, & I give a lot away, meals are cheep, breakfast is 2 bucks, lunch is 3 & supper 4, drinks & cigars come free as I dont have a liquor license or a retail tobacco license, room for the night couch is free, bed room 2 bucks , no charge for the bathroom ! hahaha we are booked through Christmas, but there are a few no shows & changes are made daily to the menu & activitys( depending on when the Grandsons get here )
Enjoy, Vince

Heyyyyy, that doesn't sound right!!! I have a copy of Ramon's last bill, and it was $578.16 for three nights. It also has notations of $45 apiece for three Opus X's. :wink:

Which one o' youse guyz is pullin' my leg heah . . .

anyhow??? :dunno:

Thats what the wife charges ! hahahahahahaha

:D

So I'll make sure when I'm checking out at the front desk that your wife is on her break, and you're there instead. :D

better yet, dont check out, just take off, leave the bill there, hey the polititions do it all the time !!, Enjoy, Vince

From The Qtr.Deck

Started the day without my Don Carlos #3, I had a Monte corona with a Brazil Santos made in my Freedom Press pot, later in the day I was forced to smoke a Trinadad with a glass of red wine (just to finish the bottle)from the prime rib dinner, later tonight I have a Padron Anniv. 1926 torp & made a little more coffee . Enjoy, Vince

Ahhh, here we are again, stopped for a sip of coffee after breakfast this morning & a cigar , a Don Carlos #3 as per usual for my morning cigar , I have a piece of Veal defrosting ready to make a veal stew on this chilly wet Pittsburgh morning , a little bit of onions & peppers some stock & the veal serve it on some noodles or maybe rice , with a fine glass of wine this should be a good day for a cigar & food. Enjoy, Vince

There he is!!! We missed you. Is that because you're disappearing? Where's that scale at now? :D

I am now under 300 .120 pound just gone into thin air hahahah !
it is now afternoon almost 2 pm, I have the veal stew in the cast iron pot , the Freedom press pot filled with Ethopian coffee & just pulled out a Monte Churchill, by the time its finished the stew will be ready, slice some hard crusted bread give it a deep toast, toss a salad & pull the cork on a great Colombard , I will be all set for the cigar drive my wife & I take listening to 90.5 WDUQ , its on the web at
http://www.wduq.org
Jazz at its best , then at 7 pm they play ethnic music from India (on Sundays) & at 9 pm my favorite show, ECHOES with John deLambarto , Great etherial ambiant & new age music. Great cigar music ! Enjoy, Vince

UNDER 300?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!???!!!???

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

HE'S DISAPPEARING!!!!!

You must look like Twiggy by now.

Under 300?!?!?!?!!?!????

They're breakin' up that ol' gang o' mine. :dunno:

went from a 62 inch waist to a 54 in 6 months, from a 6x shirt to a 3x & from HUGE gourmet meals at all times of the day to a simple diet of ONE Egg at Breakfast, no toast or home frys, one slice of bacon or one link of sausage , lunch was a 2 ounce serving of cottage cheese & 2 ounces of apple sauce, supper will be veal stewover ziti noodles, before I go to bed I will have a small glas of tomatoe juice , now I drink water & coffee all day long, decafe after 5 pm, & a cigar when ever I can find the time, I did get a good chunk of the monte smoked before I got a phone call, so I think it is history now, I hate to relight a a cigar shorter than 2 inches, just not woth the time, its time for a fresh Sosa after the food tonight , I have a Maduro Masterpiece for the ride tonight ! Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.