Sunday Morning Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning /afternoon . it is a warm humid day here in da Burgh , a busy week here , the plumber was here to fix the gas line and a toilet, the car went in the shop as the blower only worked on high , I went to change the rear wiper blade and the arm broke off in my hand, I got the replacement but haven't had time to replace it ., the local hospital chain we use was hit with a cyber bug , all computer systems were down, My wife needs a few tests before her shoulder surgery , like an EKG , blood work and chest X ray , but cant get anything done, till the problem with the computers is fixed, in such a short time the computer and cell phone have taken over the major communications , just like the radio replace the tellegraph , what will be next ?
Breakfast was a scrambled egg over home fries with cheese and bacon the coffee was a medium dark roast Sumatra , and the first cigar was a La Paulina kill Bill .... a bit much early in the day but it just jumped out of the humidor at me hahaha

We are going to Barbs sisters today for a cook out Forth of July/ retirement party for her. Social Security starts this month for her , dammmm we are getting old ....
since we will be there today I am not cooking, I have a cheese and meat tray made up to take with us and I will be cutting up a melon when we get there , she is making hot sausage and hot dogs , with all the standard summer picnic food , I will be supplying the cigars for the crew , she said there will be about 10 people not counting kids , so i am bringing cigars for 20 hahahaha

I have a lot to do before we go , heading for a good shit, the shower and out of here by one , if she is ready by then. Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 7/9/17 a wonderful summer like day here in Da Burgh , low humidity , temp in the high 70's , blue skys , not a cloud to be seen and a slight breeze out of the SW , a true grand day ..
I did a full road house /truck stop breakfast, a big mound of Home fries , thick sliced Bacon , scrambled eggs with extra sharp cheddar a pot of Sumatra , a slice of lemonchello bread , a small bowl of dark cherrys , a slice of melon and prosutto , a a GRAND BURP at the end , a winning start to the day, after that workout in the kitchen I needed a full body cigar and a trippple espresso , so I rolled out the humidor and found an old Camacho H bomb a tiny little cigar looking like a Fuente Short story , a real ass kicker and it lived up to its reputation. after a short nap I will start all over again with a pot of Kona and a Don Carlos #3 . Today's Hunk O beef had been on the grill since a little after nine, should be ready about 4 , low and slow , the veggies will go on in a few hours .

it has been a wet week , lots of flash flooding in the area , lots of downed trees and power outages , the City of Butler, just 25 miles north of me got 3 inches of rain in a few hours , water was over your Butt in the streets, , I did get a little over run on my front walk way , but only about 2 inches of water and it was gone in less than an hour .

The family is fine and everyone is working so far . we did take a road trip yesterday to the Youngstown, Ohio area, picked up a few bottles of Scotch that I cant get in Pa , , and had a great meal at a Mexican Eatery in Zenilopial Pa , just 10 miles from me , I had the Shrimp enchalada with beans and rice , the Boss had the Taco and enchalada combo with beef , she loves her beef and I am a sea food lover , problem solved .
I need a good burp and a short nap , then off to the back deck for coffee and cigars till its time to eat. Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 7/16/17 a warm summer day here in da Burgh , rain , all this past week to add to the flash flooding we had , my yard is a swamp , we have great drainage but the ground is FULL , I am about a mile south of BIG KNOB , the highest point in the county so I dont worry about flooding here , but the yard is so wet its hard to cut, , with the wife set for a shoulder rebuild this friday she is out of commission , so I have enlisted for a small fee a yard service to take care of the mess, , should have done it years ago but she wanted to keep doing it , so we kept doing it ... the yard that is hahahaha

Getting OLD was a lot of FUN , Being Old is NOT.

we had a nice breakfast of home fries , and eggs with hot pepper cheese , the coffee was an Indian Monsoon estate coffee roasted by our local coffee roaster in New Brighton Pa , a very smooth coffee with a nice wake up flavor, I have the kona in the press pot , started it last night in cold water , and will be pressing it soon , a nice walk with a Cuban Monte #2 , the coffee and maybe a snifter of Barrel proof Laugavulin , but how will I pull that off , one hand for the coffee , one for the cigar , leaves me one had short for the whisky , scratch the walk sit, use a table , problem solved hahaha
, I was digging in the freezer last night , looking for some ribs to grill today , found a package of chicken dated January of this year, so we are having grilled chicken today , I will make a stuffed baked potato on the grill to go with it , , water melon for desert , I have the chicken in a few herbs and some olive oil sitting in the fridge .
work , if you want to call it that has been great, just drive the cars from here to there and back , take a Lincoln out bring back a Volvo , take a Fiesta out bring back a Buick , lots of Fun on the Pa Turnpike , a truck got stuck on the cement barrier , traffic was backed up 4 miles , driving a stick shift up hill in the mountains with bumper to bumper traffic is a lot of FUN (NOT) , but we got it done with out drifting back into the car behind or burning up the clutch.
Grandson #2 had one of his film clips picked up by U tube , Visiting the Last SUPER K MART , sure the regular k marts are sill there , a few less today than back when I worked at the Rochester Pa store , a few Big K's , but this one is the Last Super K , , I do like K mart better than target or wall fart , but i tend to go to the smaller MOM and POP stores instead of national chains , the same with eating , I will drive by 20 national chain places to go to a place where the owner is in the kitchen.

lots to do today, coffee to roast, food to cook cigars to smoke, better get started asap , Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 7/23/17 a hot humid day here in da Burgh I started the morning off with a bowl of oatmeal and coffee from Starbucks , the ride home gave me the time to fire up an ISOM monte corona , the wife is recovering from Shoulder surgery and her new friend percocet is helping out ..... Grandson #1 has moved in for a few weeks to help out with the house duty , so I will not be running the carpet sweeper , or doing the laundry..... she will be in a sling for the next 3 to 4 Months , thank God its her left side , she can wipe her own ass !
after starting the day with an old isom monte I have no idea what to get next , I might walk to the little convience store down the road and get a marsh wheeling or a Dutch Masters hahaha

I roasted a few pounds of coffee last week and I will be able to pass on that task today , there is Eathopian and Columbian roasted and in the air tight lock and lock containers , I like them better than Tupper ware .

I need to ice down her shoulder and get her PT started , figure out what to do with the pork chops I defrosted , NO HUNK O BEEF TODAY ,,, Amen .
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 7/30/17 a warm summer morn here in da Burgh , the wife is on the mend , grandson is working nights , so MOST of the time is going smooth.
Breakfast this morning was eggs , bacon, onion, garlic, hot pepper cheese and spinich all in one pot, all added at different time , eggs being last, , some flax seed toast , and a pot of Sumatra , and the cigar was a Rocky old world reserve Churchill , the cold brew Kona will be ready soon , paired with a Don Carlos Presidernt this fine day.
I have 4 pieces of cod with spinich , sprinkeled with crumbled Feta cheese and wrapped in phillo dough and baked.

Just got a phone call from my sister in law , an old friend of mine passed away early this morning , R.I.P Mike Halama , when I was first married he lived across the street with his parents , brother and sister , and grandparents , a hard working kid who started his own electical contracting business , he installed my central A/C a few years later , it was cheeper to run than the 4 window units I had, ,,,, thats the THIRD Mike that is passed away , in the last few years... Going to miss you all.

well I did have some other BS , but right now I need to make a few calls , Enjoy, Vince

good morning well it's now afternoon, I had a busy morning here in da Burgh, today I am on the phone not the computer, sitting on the back deck with a maduro short story and coffee, my number two grandson just left , he picked up my tickets for Kennywood park , an amusement park in da Burgh , the rollercoaster capital of the world, he is taking his main squeeze, for a day of fun and food the potato patch Fry's are outstanding.
We had oatmeal for breakfast , that's what the big boss wanted and the hunk o beef is in the oven , it is a cool overcast day here, a lazy day for me ,still in my shorts and slippers, now working on an 858 natural, and a big mug of Kona.
Took her to the doc on Thursday,got her stitches out and she was able to get in the shower , she is off the pain meds and has a few left for the PT that will be starting in two weeks , it was fun growing old but no fun being old.
Grandson #1 was working at a local big boy restaurant as a line cook , learning the inside and outside of the kitchen, last night was his last shift and he cut the tip of his pinky finger on his left hand , today he is a waiter at Bahama Breeze, he will be getting a lot more hours there than at his last place of employment,a shorter drive to work and hopefully more cash in his pocket, I made him a tofu , mushrooms, onions , garlic and spinich stir fry for breakfast, he is sticking to his vegan life style, takes a lunch to work in a restaurant.... Said the only thing on the menu he can eat is the salad . So I cooked up some brown rice ,peppers, carrots, eggplant with hosin sauce and the tofu he didn't finish for breakfast., Almost six foot tall and 135 pounds, 2 percent body fat and trying to get a six-pack set of abbs , he has more ambition than I do hahaha, you just need a goal to beat me at that . Both grandson's are hard working young men .
We went for a cigar ride last night and listened to the radio till almost ten pm , I got her coffee and an espresso for my self and a banana milk shake, I haven't had one in years, just as good as I hoped it would be, might get an other tonight . Peanut butter with chocolate ice cream sounds good right now .
The yard is looking good the hanging baskets got a good drink this morning and the wife is happy, today would have been my mother's 91st birthday, happy birthday Mom . Yesterday my little brother turned 60 . I never thought he would be that old and if still alive not in jail , but he made it haha.... ,
I have a few things to do for the wife, need more coffee made an need a third cigar soon . Enjoy, Vince

dammm its Sunday night 11 :20 pm , I had a busy morning and forgot to post this BS this morning , well we had a nice breakfast with Bacon and eggs toast and coffee a dark roast Columbian , I left the house soon after to roll cigars at a Biker Poker run fund raiser for a Guy to help with his medical bills , it was a BUST , a lot of cigerette smokers but I only sold 4 cigars , a big time waster , got home and made Phillo wrapped cod with spinich and fetta cheese . the wife liked it !!!!
after we ate I sat on the back deck with a cigar I rolled this morning , it was a nice long smoke , lasted about 75 minutes , sipped a few cups of coffee and enjoyed a weee dram of Bushmills , for a change of pace . ,
the wife is doing well after her rotator cuff ( shoulder) , the sling is chaffing he neck a bit and I have adjusted it many times but she is still complaning about it , she has been off the pain meds all week , but she was so quiet when she was on them hahaha

I need to get her to bed so I got to go , Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Sunday 8/20/17 a warm humid day here in da Burgh. Got a late start again today , with the wife not getting around all that well the shoulder surgery went well but the rehab is painful , our 21 year old grandson has moved it to help out , But to be honest, he is ....... dammmm I dont want to sound ungrateful at all but he is a vegan , will not eat what I cook , he cooks at midnight , when he gets home from work, or at 5 am before he heads to the gym, , 2 cooks in the kitchen is not good , we are in each others way when we cook together , I do eat the stuff he makes and when he cooks he makes way to much , the fridge is full of containers, and it ends up a few days later in the trash, , dont cook so much I tell him , but the recipe makes that much, make half , but it will not taste as good, well eat more, no I dont want to get fat, all 135 pounds of him hahahaha . love him but he is almost as big a pain in the ass as his grandmother hahahah , we do get a few minutes to sit on the back deck and have a smoke ..... he isnt smoking the same thing I am ..... nuff said.
breakfast was a cheese filled scrambled egg , no toast for me , coffee was an african mix of 5 or 6 different light , medium and dark roast coffees , a mix of leftovers , brewed in the drip pot , , the Kona went in the press pot last night with cold water and will be ready to press about 2 PM , it will go well I hope with a Liga #9 DBL Corona . the morning starter was a Maduro CAO corona La Travitia , and for some reason I think I like the flavor of the natural mover the maduro , and most of the cigars I smoke are maduro.... , MY go to yard gar is the Bahia Maduro any size , no matter , and second is the maria Mancini maduro magic mountain torp. , 2 wonderfull smokes CHEEP , sure I love to have a Cunan here and there , and I do enjoy some high end Padrons, Fuente, Davidoff , and a lot of Botiques , but a great low cost cigar is a diamond in the ruff, , I have tryed to smoke nothing but high end stuff , and find it boreing, ... I dont want a Partagas series d #4 every smoke , I try not to smoke the same cigar twice in the same day , if I start out my day as I do with the Don Carlos #3 , I dont have an other one the rest of the day, since I started with the CAO , I might just finish the day with the don Carlos or I might not have one at all today , who knows or cares....
It will be a light supper today i will be making Turkey Devonshire , I picked up some smoked turkey breast , and will hit it with some bacon and a sauce , a few pieces of toast, but it all together , pop it under the broiler and toast the top , a small side dish with lettuce and what ever comes out of the garden , a glass of some crispy white wine , I will need to see what I have .
my customer base is growing for my hand rolled cigars , I might need to scale back on my other side jobs to get it all done, I dont want it to become a JOB, I like just enough to keep it fresh, and fun, when it becomes work, I dont want any part of it hahahaha
, it is getting close to 2 PM & I need to get my lazy ass up and get dressed, still in my shorts , thats why I live in the country, i can sit on the back deck in my shorts have a cigar and not worry about the people down the street, for 40 plus year I have been doing it and no one bitches anymore hahahaha
Enjoy, Vince

good morning it is Sunday 8/27/17 a cool damp morning here in da Burgh, first cigar of the day is a monte platnium robusto , I have no idea what will be next, I have decidied not to cook much today , we had subway meat ball sandwiches last night and today we are having the left overs , , just to much to eat at one time , so we have meat ball sub today all over again.... My grandson has been here a few weeks and will be leaving this wendsday for a day at Ceder point ammusment park and then going to his dads for a few days or weeks , he is going to rent a house in rochester Pa , but it is not ready to move in yet, so he has been couch surfing that last 6 weeks , going to miss him , just like his midnight cooking and laundry , BUT his food has been great, he is a Vegan , not just a vegitirian , but no animal products at all , no butter, no milk or cheese, , lots of veggie, fruit and pasta , supplemented with tofu and other veggie protein , no fish , , Nothing with a brain , , some of the stuff he makes is tasty , some not so . he is a messy cook and he uses to many pots and pans , cook everything seperate, then mix it all together , cook it all in the same pot
DUHHHH , just add the stuff at different times , the spinich need just a few minutes but the beans need a few hours , just add the spinich at the end, the yams sliced thin just take a few minutes , you just adjust the time you add it to the pot, he will learn some day... and coming home he had a deer run out in front of him , he locked up the brakes and still bumped it , it got up[ and ran way , there was some hair on the front licence plate bracket and thats it , NO DAMAGE at all , noda , zip, ZERO , , they were both lucky , but he is upset he might have hurt it ..... its a wild animal , forget about it .... but he cant.

tonight is my brothers 60th birthday party , his birthday was the 5th , but this is the best day to get all that friends and family together, SIXTY hahahah I thought he would be in jail or dead by now hahahaha

My wife is getting better after her shoulder operation , still in a sling , but is doing some exersizing , off the pain meds , dammm she was so nice when she was on them , sleeping most of the time , ahhh that was great, BUT now she is back with a vengence , making up for all the time she missed hahahahaha

the guy i got to cut the grass isnt doing it to please her , and i do see the difference in the jobs they do , he is faster but she dosent miss anything , I still need to put the mower away when he is done, I gave him a key to the tool shed, but he locks it up with the mower still out... DUHHH
, well it time to get moving , enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 9/3/17 a cool wet morning here in da Burgh , we are getting the tail end of the storm that hit Houston, no damage here at all, winds were under 20 MPH and the rain was light , I feel bad for the people who where hit by this storm , it will be years to rebuild . Gasoline prices are way up , we went from 2.39 to 2.99 over night , I have seen news reports that 8 bucks is the going price, nothing like shafting your customers . I will be sending an other check to the Salvation Army on payday . we should all count our blessings .

Breakfast sandwiches was on the menu this morning , a grilled english muffin , Provalone cheese , tomato , bacon and a bit of brown mustard on mine , hers was plain. the coffee is an Indian monsoon today medium roast , with a dash of Five spice powder , , next time no five spice powder.
My Grandson moved out and into his new rented home , but since this is a holiday weekend, the power company didnt turn on the electric yet ,,,, maybe Thursday they say ...... . BIG BROTHER in action hahahaha

Later today the wife is going to try to drive her car for the first time in 8 weeks , she starts her rehab on Tuesday and I will be at work, I told her to call her sister for a ride , but she is head strong and wants to take herself, , it is her left arm that was fixed , so she has her right hand, to drive with , she will need the left for the turn signals . Since I cant fight with the boss i will just let her figure out if she can or cant do it on her own.

I have a rack of baby back ribs on the grill , low and slow , should be falling off the bone by four, a baked yam with some cornbread all done on the grill will finish off the meal , and maybe a little corn on the cob if I get any between then and now. , maybe I might wrap that yam in bacon .......

it is a bit cool out and i havent had my morning smoke yet , and here it is all ready afternoon, , I did pull a Fuente 858 out of the humidor , but it is still sitting on the table , so its time for me to get it in gear, the Kona is ready to press and & I am ready for it , Enjoy, Vince

GOOD MORNING , IT IS SUNDAY 9/10/17 A COOL BUT SUNNY MORNING HERE IN DA BURGH. BREAKFAST WAS A 3 CHEESE AND HAM soft scrambled egg with strawberry jam on oat bread , the coffee was Sumatra and since it is sunday and cool out the standard hunk of beef is in the oven, this week it has the garlic I just picked , the cloves are not very big but they are STRONG , should make a great gravy.

My wife is having a TON of pain from the PT for her shoulder, , its been 9 weeks since the operation, everything went well with it but the recovery is taking a tool on her, , we went for a ride last night and she fell asleep in the car , so i let her sleep , , she slept about an hour and a half, during the ride I smoked a Partagas Robusto and a short story , I was amost done with the short story and she woke up saying she has to go to the rest room, we were about a block from 7-11 so we stopped , got more coffee and a donut, like I needed a donut hahahah , back on the road refreshed , listing to the radio .

after watching the news coverage from TX and FL my heart goes out to the people who live there , I have always wanted to move to the coast , I loved San Diego and Norfolk when I was in the Navy , Even Phiidelphia was OK , Great Lakes not so much, in the winter . But after seeing all the trouble the weather is causing , I should just stay here in the BURGH , deal with the snow, and a Tornado here and there .

the local newspaper ( Beaver County Times ) was sold and a house cleaning of staff took place , the entire photography sept was let go they will be using National new feeds for the Pro and Collage games I have no idea how Local news and High School sports will take place as far as getting photos in the paper . I have a press pot of Kona cold brew ready and a big fat Opus X Torpedo to start the day , But it might over power the light roast Kona , so maybe I will lighten up the smoke with an Ashton Corona .

it looks like a piece of Blueberry coffee cake is calling me ... Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 9/17/17 a warm humid day here in Da Burgh . It has been a busy week , I was rolling cigars at the Smoke Stack in Moon Twp on Thursday , and at the Hopewell Twp. Blues & BBQ on Saturday. I was one of the judges for the chilie cookoff , an easy job for me , with only 2 entrys in the novice division and NONE in the pro s , there wasnt much to look at , the winner had the best looking presentation , but I liked the taste of the looser , out of 25 total points the looser got a 15 from me and the winner just 13 , , but with 6 votes , when the scores were counted the winner by 2 points was not the best tasting in my opinion.so I guess it was close on all the sheets . , had a great time at both places, As it is getting close to election season AGAIN , all the politico's were out in force . People running for office have no shame in asking for money & giving away tax dollars , but it is system we have and short of a revolution it will not change , it could be worse .

Grandson #2 has moved out of the family home and has his own place with 2 room mates , they are renting a 3 bedroom home not far from work in a very nice area I hope all is well, his mother is an empty nester for the first time in 22 years .... Now she will need to cook and clean all by her self with out help ....
Grandson #1 took his Fiat in for a recall , they had the car over a week , didnt have a rental or a loaner for him , and after all that time they still havent fixed his problem , for some reason the factory fix didnt take with his car, so the computer was checked
re-programed , checked again and re checked , same problem .... he got his car back but it still will not shift in Sport mode but runs fine otherwise , so just dont use the sport mode was what he was told , BULLSHIT fix it , its under warranty .... send a computer hacker to fix it ... if needed.
Friday I went back to my old stomping grounds , King Beaver Cigars , I have been out of there since a year ago May , Friday nights were BUSY , no seats ,open , many nights I went out to my car to bring in my camp chairs for customers, , times have changed , the place was almost empty , it was an event night with Estaban Carrias cigars , the brand manager was there with specials , and when I got there , 3 people were there , thats it just 3 , the poor gut drove 6.5 hours from his home for 3 guys , a few came in later but no one stayed , I left just after 9 PM and i was the last to go , I remember many Friday nights being there till 2 or 3 am . Times have changed , the inventory of the shop is about the same with a few new facings on the shelf and a new rack for sale items in the humidor . There is a new coffee pot but some one left old grounds in it for so long they had grown hair , I didnt make any coffee..... By snifter was still in my locker but the bottle of scotch was gone..... so I had to walk down the street to get coffee before I ran out with what I had in my travel mug.

Speaking of coffee we picked up five different one pound packs of beans at the great coffee shop in New Brighton Pa , Hallowed Grounds , is a great place so this morning we brewed up a new one a some what light roast of Burindi , it was just a sample size to see if we liked it , I think it needed a few more seconds in the heat to darken it just a bit , but the wife liked it .... end of story.

Breakfast was bacon and eggs with oatmeal bread toasted in the pan with a little butter , giving it an almost grilled cheese texture , just didnt feel like getting the toaster out. I did NOT make a pot of kona today , for some reason my taste bud were up for a HOLD YOUR BREATH.... Hazel nut flavored coffee, so why brew Kona when your going to add a few shots of Frangelicia to the coffee so I just made a pot of Columbian AA , seams like my sweet taste buds are awake , I even broke out the strawberry perserves for the toast today , , checked by blood sugar and sure enough I was low, seams like my body was telling me what i needed with my taste buds ..
as the summer is coming to a close the road crew has finished up some of the pot hole patching , , just in time for the new season of freeze and thaw to distroy all the patch work,,,, welcome to western Pa . where the truckers have voted it and espiccally interstate 80 as the worst road in the country ! HEY were number one again hahahaha
the road I live on has seen a lot of big rig traffic this summer as the gas industry is drilling wells and putting in pipelines , the roads have been taking a BEATING the intersection's are crap , with the heat of the summer the heavy loads and heavy braking the road is like a wake behind a speed boat , , with mounds and valleys from between the tires as they sit in traffic sinking into the soft asphalt. and the patching STINKS , I was out with a cigar for a walk and the aroma of the asphalt permeated the air so bad i dad to stop the cigar as all i could taste was the asphalt , I am glad it was just a yard gar , not anything expencive , but it was a still a 5 buck stick that went to the recycle bin still about half a cigar left not the tiny nub I am am left with on a normal smoke , even the coffee had that taste , glad i didnt open a good single malt !!!

I will be grilling some pork chops and peaches today along with a potato and onions , its to warm to turn on the over to give the boss her hunk O beef today and since I have the smell of yesterday BBQ in my mind , I will take advantage of the BBQ sauce I picked up yesterday.
I will be lighting up a Maduro Churchill I made yesterday very soon , after that i have no idea what will be next. Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon it is Sunday 9/24/17 a very warm almost hot day here in da Burgh , I woke up yesterday not feeling 100% and went to bed early last night, slept 12 hours and went back to bed after being up an hour and a half, just beat down to my sox of withch i havent put on as of yet , breakfast was a cup of coffee not a pot, a barlet pear and a small amount of yougart , back to bed, its just after 4:30 and I am going to go back to bed asap. , so I will get back to you next week, Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 10/1/17 a cool dry day here in da Burgh , feeling a little better than last week but still not doing anything that i dont absolutly need to do , I did make a hot pepper cheese omelet and have the wifes hunk O beef in the oven , and that is all I am doing today , No cigar this morning , head and sinus pain is still there , so it will be a pot of coffee and no cigar this afternoon. . I did make it to work on Friday and had a some what good day , take a car to Clarion Pa ,
about 80 miles or so NE of here , bring back a car , to have a small rip in the door panel repaired , a twenty minute fix , take the car back to Clarion , and then come back to the shop, , made it last most of the day , with traffic and construction stopping for coffee , stopping to get rid of the coffee , it was a Fun day . ,

Right now I am going back to bed and wait till its time to put the spuds in the oven.
I sure hope to be feeling better next sunday . Enjoy, Vince

hello its Thursday 10/5/17 a cool wet evening here in da Burgh , rain all day , a light rain hardly any wind , but the temp was in the mid 60's so it was not a great day to sit out and have a cigar, as I am still not up to one , kind of glad it was crappy out so I didnt feel bad by missing great cigar weather , since there wasnt any . I could have went to the Qtr.deck but I was just GLUED to the couch all day , the wife is still rehabbing the shoulder and I was "supportive" today , she has PT in the morning & I have have a check up at 11 , so we will be missing each other all morning time to ZIG when she ZAGS , it will be a nice change of pace hahahaha . we just got back from Charbucks , & I just finished my trippple espresso , ready to go to bed hahahaha

Our Grandsons are both out on there own , each has there own place , my daughter is an empty nester , she hasnt said if it is good or bad. , , I kind of like it , just the boss and me ...... she puts up with my cigars , I put up with her OCD .

I have noticed from the counter that a lot of people read this BULLSHIT but no one replys , , there was a time when we had a real conversation going on , I sure would like that to happen again , Pro or con , I have big shoulders and can take anyBS you want to put out, sure My spelling and grammer are crap but you have to admit you understand most of my ramblings . I hope . time for me to get the water on for a cup of Earl Gray before bed .. Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 10/8/17 a cool wet Sunday here in DA BURGH , we are prepping for the last of the storm that hit the gulf coast last night , I plan on taking down a few of the glass wind chimes and the hot air balloon , I dont think I will have any problems with what I leave out , by the time it hits here , should be just a heavy rain. We are having a very warm Oct. Highs should be in the mid 60's but we are getting that as a low for overnight High 70's low 80's during the day , yesterday was the worst day for the stink bugs we have had all year , I tried to sit out on the back deck but was dive bombed all day , they dont bite , just stink and this years crop is as stinky as I have ever smelled them. Only if the birds ate them ...... but they dont. , with the bugs and the head cold I was almost cigar less yesterday, the only one was about 8 PM a Monte #3 with a dbl espresso , and that was it. I didnt cook or do anything all day , didnt put on a shirt till we were going out to Charbucks . Still a bit under the weather , just no desire to do anything .
still the same feeling today , but I did make a 3 cheese Omlete , Provolone, Motzrella and hot pepper jack cheese , all done up in my new Copper chef square pan my wife got from QVC , , it came yesterday and was a big surprise , the old pan needed replaced as it was loosing its no stick surface, , I have never been a big fan of non stick cookware , , but it cleans up so easy, , I have a cast iron unit My grandmother got from he grandmother , , this thing is non stick through natural use , and seasoning , BUT it is almost 12 pounds , works WONDERFUL , but it is a pain to use , But use it I do , my wife hates it .... so she got this light weight 3MM thick alloy pan with a non stick coating inside , it worked fine on LOW heat is oven safe , but not big enough to make a roast , maybe a half a chicken but not much more , however it did the eggs just fine .
both of us are not 100% so she said not to cook anything today, so it will be leftovers from the past few days and some from the freezer , a thaw out day hahahaha
the trees have not started to change color very much , a bit here and there , but it looks like they are falling off the trees before they change , the yard is in the need of a clean up . BUT not today . I plan on a day today like I have yesterday, DOING NOTHING , sipping a little coffee , todays first pot was Uhurhe , thats all it said on the bag, I have no idea where it is from ... we got a 2 ounce sampler , , it had a medium roast and i ground it in the burr grinder to a Fine grind , and brewed it in the drip pot .... I will need to try it one or two more times at different grinds and pots to figure out the best way to make it . I used all of it in this mornings 12 cup pot ., the wife had a 14 ounce mug and I finished it . Now I am working on the cold brew Columbian AA , I passed on the sunday kona as I knew I would not be firing up a Don Carlos #3 this morning , just not up to it . However i did get up at 5 am went out on the back deck in my robe and slippers with a bottle of water and a Monte half corona , 35 minutes later i was back in the house went to the reading room with the big comfy white seat with a hole in the center , and then went back to bed, the wife called me just before 9 am , to get to the kitchen and make some noise with the pots and pans , so I did . She has QVC on this morning and I have no idea what she will be ordering next.
I am rolling Cigars on the 15th of the month at a beer tasting / fund raiser for a fire dept. in the area Beer and cigars , what could be bad about that hahahaha

Havent had much interaction with the grandsons this week , they are both working and I have been staying out of the way as I should .
I do have a big lunch planned , a banana popsycle , thats about all I want right now .
Enjoy, Vince

Good afternoon , it is a warm and humid day here in da Burgh but a cold front and rain are on the way , I am heading out to Darlington Lake for a beer tasting and cigar rolling , I hope the rain hold off as it is an outside event, I do have a 10 X 10 pop up tent that will keep me some what dry but if its windy I will get soaked, No side walls at all just a top.
Since I will be away today , NO COOKING , I will bring back what ever from some place on the way home with a to go package for the boss and my self, could be Dogs , Roast beef,Burgers,pizza, chicken or tacos , just depends on where I stop.
Breakfast this morning was a grilled yellow pepper , hot pepper ,cheese , spinich omelet with a dash of nutmeg, fresh grated of course hahaha , I havent decided if the nutmeg was good or bad.... it didnt need any tabasco for sure the tiny little red peppers were plenty hot enough. the coffee was a french roast Columbian, , not as good as I had hoped, , I will be going back to the medium dark on the Columbian.

it has been a few years since the farm next door was sod and the field has been free of cows ever since, it was bought a few years ago and we thought it might be a housing plan but the new owner is talking about a few lambs in the spring.... UMMM Lamb chops ....I do miss the Angus Beef but a few lamb racks might easy the seperation anxiety
I would love to see an Elk , Moose or Buffalo farm , Ranch or what ever you want to call it..... I can have Phesants anytime , they raise them a few miles from here , just make a call and in a few hours they are on my back deck cleaned and ready for the grill. , better than picking out Bird shot from the birds...... No fuss , no clean up, just fire up the grill and cook. , to bad the smoke house owner will not deliver , I need to go there to get the bacon, Ham and sausage.... long trip its 8 miles one way hahahaha , BUT its as fresh as you can get it , Pick out the pig anf the next day you have the chops , roasts and sausage, the bacon and ham take time, the hams are dry cured for over a year, but well worth the wait,
almost time to hit the road , Enjoy, Vince

Good morning it is Sunday 10/22/17 an unseasonal warm almost HOT day here in da Burgh the weather man tells us it might get into the low 80's today , , the average high is 62 , last nights low was 63 , so it is warm, we should be seeing the trees turn from green to gold, red and orange this time of the year but moist are still green , I am still paying to have my grass cut , looks like It will still need cut in November , not a happy camper about that , but it is great sitting on the back deck with the sun shining the warm breeze and my buddy Don Carlos III .
Breakfast today was a roasted red pepper stuffed with Hot Pepper cheese and egg the wife loved the combo , and I added a onion to mine but she didnt want onion on hers , saying that to much onion will give her gas , hahahah she has gas with dry toast , she wants to save the onions for the NY strip I will be tossing on the grill later today along with a grilled Yam, a baked apple for the finishing touch , I have a few different types of apples that will all get sliced , sugared , seasoned and tossed into small stoneware crocks and baked with out a crust m m m m m good , a crustless apple pie.
we both are spending way to much time at the Dr. since she had the shoulder done this past summer , now a problem with the Veins in her legs , had a lazer inserted in the right what ever vein , and has been in a compression stocking all week , we go back this week for an ultra sound and the same procedure on the other leg , then a trip to the hospital for the mamagram , a colenostomy, , not on the same day , then to the Dermatoligest for a check on her skin cancer, then the dentist to have a cracked tooth taken care of , , yes I know a lot of the words are not correctly spelled but you have some idea of what I am trying to communicate to you . TITS , ASS and Skin , so much simpler ......

Monday is Grandson #1 22nd Birthday , grandson #2 will be 20 in Jan. , I was looking at some old photos of the boys when they we in diapers , time moves on so fast , seams like last month i was baby sitting them, soon they will be baby sitting me hahahaha
I went to the chiropracter ( Back ) last week , got a lot of snapping and cracking , popping sounds and a lot of relief in the neck and low back , just over a year since the guy I had been going to for years retired , I found a guy who took my insurance with out a co pay , AMEN and his approach was a little different , but the results were great, I will be going back next month .

Since it is so dammm nice out I will be grilling eveything today including the crustless apple pie , I plan on getting out side asap with a pot of coffee and a cigar , I made an 80/20 mix of espresso roast Columbian AA and some Robusta Beans roasted to almost burnt , ground medium course and steeped in cold water over night in the press pot , should have a great kick to it , the cigar will be an ISOM Cobhia 54 , it has been in the humidor almost a year , I want it NOW , , so its time to fire it up , I might pour a wee dram of Cabo Wabo or maybe a dark rum , but if all else fails it will be Laugavulin 16 YO . maybe all 3 hahaha

I hope to have a few comments some time , I am staying away for the politics of the world and my opinions about what is going on in the world as not to offend anyone , i want to keep it about, Family, food, cigars and drinks maybe a little weather talk ,
I checked to counter on the page it was at 196240, this morning it was 196333 so some one is reading this BULLSHIT I have been posting for years , there were a lot of comments over the years but now it is just a monalog not a discussion . it would be nice to get a discussion going again, what are you cooking , what are you drinking , what are you smoking ????
Enjoy, Vince

Good morning , it is Sunday 10/29/17 a chilly wet day here in Da Burgh , after a warm summer and early fall it is getting back to the seasonal cooler temps and a lot more rain , , the grass never did brown out and it is still getting clipped this late in the season , most of the trees are still green a few have turned red and yellow but the fall foilage is disapointing to say the least, a good number have dropped the leaves all together.

Since its chilly out we started the day with a bowl of Oatmeal with dates , figs , and rasians. , the coffee is Columbian , I didnt make a pot of the Sunday Kona or a don carlos #3 as my first cigar this morning , it is just an over cast chilly day & I think I will go for some thing a bit stronger for both the coffee and cigar , I am leaning tward a Full body coffee dark roast , some thing from the monkey mix jar , just give it a good shake and start to grind it , as far as a cigar , got to be BIG , LONG, FAT and dark , I dont lean to the 60 ring and up smokes but I think I might did out a fatty this morning .

YEP it is Sunday , so the Hunk O beef will be going in the cast iron dutch oven asap , i picked up a well marbeled , chuck roast last week and it will be seasoned with salt pepper and garlic and onion powder , lightly dusted with flour , browned in bacon renderings , then I will brown the veggies , in the same pot add some beef stock made with the trimmings and bones , and into a slow oven for a few hours and it should be ready by 4 pm .

I am heading to my grandsons place soon , I have a few small jobs to do , fix the dryer is number one , the switch on the door is broke , telling the machine it is closed and its ok to run , well it is not working so I will try to remove it, or jam it closed to make it work , or do I need to get a new dryer for the kid ? who knows , it will be a fine day of Bullshit, cigars and maybe a great hunk o Beef if there ever was such a thing !

So what are you cooking , drinking and smoking ?????
Enjoy, Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.