Sunday Night Beverage

Joined Apr 2005
348 Posts | 0+
Tidewater, Virginia
This Sunday was daughter Rebecca's birthday Dinner. So to celabrate the fireman she is cohabatating with brought a bottle of Port. Clocktower Australian Port. It was a Tawney Port bottled by Mildara wines in Merbein, Victoria, Australia. It was pretty good for a 10.00 bottle of Port.
For diner I made Seafood Pasta. Clams, Shrimp, Scalaps, lots of garlic. I had both a red sauce and a white sauce. It dissapeared from the table.
After dinner we finished the port along with some RyJ Churchill Madureo's and some collage football.

Between you, Vince, Capt, Cian and perhaps one or two others, I think we could open a restaurant.

I never knew they had clock towers in Australia. Or are they just wannabe Englishmen???

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg:

:giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

:flush: :flush: :bolt:

They were all englishmen at one time, prisoners! Australia started out as a penial colony.

I know, but they hate to admit it. They dislike any association with the "English."

"Clocktower Australian Port" is that southeastrean? My husband, sister, and I are all into the yellowtails... black swans... whatever "colorered animal" SE Austrailan wines. They are about $10 a bottle... and cheaper in some places. And relativley generous to the pallet. They promise no aftertaste and deliver. But, why are they so cheap? Should we just keep wining??

I believe that the primary grape growing region is the southeastern area of Australia. Yes the Aussie wines are a great value right now. They are more intense than the europian offerings. So enjoy while the bargains last. Nothing that good can last forever.

By the way MRS Soda, welcome to the board. Glad to have you here. I don't suppose you also smoke cigars ?

Tom

Just Parliment Lights... cigarettes.

After my son was born last December, my husband bought a box of cigars. But sorry to say, I did not partake.

Mrs. Soda said:
Just Parliment Lights... cigarettes.

After my son was born last December, my husband bought a box of cigars. But sorry to say, I did not partake.

Has it been almost a year already? :shock: