Sutliff Private Stock Black Swan pipe tobacco

Joined Oct 2012
1K Posts | 45+
Connecticut
Anyone try it ? Sounds like a really good premium black cavendish tobacco-saw it on CB auction but it went higher than I was willing.

$ 6.10 per 1.5 oz can comes out to about $ 65. per pound. Not cheap in my book when E.A. Carey's classic black is $30 for 15 oz. which is about 1/2 the price. But if the Sutliff is twice as good, it might be worth it. I never found anything that was substantially better than Carey's classic black tho.

$ 6.10 per 1.5 oz can comes out to about $ 65. per pound. Not cheap in my book when E.A. Carey's classic black is $30 for 15 oz. which is about 1/2 the price. But if the Sutliff is twice as good, it might be worth it. I never found anything that was substantially better than Carey's classic black tho.

Ah ok. I guess when you buy in bulk it it much cheaper. The tins I buy usually cost 8-14$

I use to smoke about a pound a month- now I'm down to around 4 pipes a month. I've been out of the good stuff for a long time (on purpose).

I didn't finally try a pipe of the Black Swan and thought it was rather good, but maybe not quite as good as E.A. Carey's. I had a second pipe of it last Friday and it wasn't as good, more equivalent to the value brands of black cavendish that I have been smoking lately.