Thanks to Pete Johnson

Joined Aug 2005
2K Posts | 0+
Gahanna, OH
I had the opportunity to hang out with Pete for a few hours yesterday. I have to say Pete is the real deal. He has a great passion for cigars, especially blending. I really enjoyed talking to him and smoking a few La Riqueza 5's.

Man, I'm jealous! That sounds like a blast. Anything new on the horizon?

He told me he is working on a new cigar that will be a lancero with a Broadleaf wrapper. It will be produced under an old Cuban cigar name, but I can't remember what is was called. Sounds like there may also be a Tatuaje Black Tubo next year.

Wow Chris!! I am jealous as well...tell us more about what you talked about and how you were able to have a conversation with such a legend.

Hey Don. Well, I got an email from New Havana Cigars that Pete was going to do an online chat on Friday. I emailed Dan and asked if I could stop by to say hello to Pete. NHC is located in Columbus, but it's internet-based, not a B&M. I stopped over, and he and Pete were the only ones there. They invited me to stay as long as I wanted, and Pete handed me some cigars to smoke. He's a good guy; real friendly, the kind of guy you could just hang out with and smoke. We talked about the industry, Cuban cigars, blending, and what he likes to smoke. I had to leave early, but I picked up a box of La Riqueza 5's. I'm smoking one right now. Dan and Pete are the goods. I even got the 3-pack Tatuaje Black from Pete's stash, a Tatuaje cutter, and a Tatuaje hat. I have a couple of pictures that I will get on the board real soon.

Here are some pictures;

Attachments

• Chris and Pete.JPG
    Chris and Pete.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Chris and Pete 2.jpg
    Chris and Pete 2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 56
If you see Pete again, can you ask him to send some of those Lanceros up this way? Maybe some of the Tat Blacks too if there's room in the box. Thanks! :thumbsup: :lol: