That Giant Sucking Sound. . . .

Joined Sep 2003
9K Posts | 0+
Puerto Rico/NYC
Yes, boyz and girlzz, here we go again, it's that time of year when our humidors, especially folks like me in the Northeast with four basic, beautiful, but "beginner" style wooden desk top humidors see a sudden drop in the levels across the board. If any of them have kept too high a humidity level for too long, that's not so bad, but levels can sink so fast and to such a low level during the next six months or so, that cigar maintenance suddenly becomes a much more frequent part of one's life.

And that's not such a bad thing, since part of the fun of a hobby is knowing all it's technicalities. :D

Just watch out for . . .

That Giant Sucking Sound. :cry:

humi 1 and 2 were both at 62. i put the humidifiers in. thanks for the reminder

Happens here in the SouthWest as well, many times 'cuz we quit running the swamp coolers (that really add to the humidity in our indoor air) and turn on the furnaces. Not me yet, but it is starting to get cool at night now.... time to pay more attention the the water levels.

my 300 ct is at 72, 67%, but the cabinet dropped from 71 to 64 over night! I should have closed the sliding door all the way!

I recommend the use of Climmax beads!
They can really help in keeping your Humi right where you want it!
I am about to add my Cigar Oasis back to my cabinet & use the Climmax beads to make sure it does not spike!
Nothing worse than finding you collection of fine cigars to damp or
to dry!

Ammo cans lined with spanish cedar work better than any of the humidors I have. If you are craft oriented the lining can be made out of old cigar boxes or you can use multiple old boxes in the ammo can. Run the ammo can and cover through the dishwasher at least once to remove any oil or other stuff that might impart a distinctive flavor to your cigars.