The beginning of the end??

Time to stock up before the next possible cigar boom?

Just curious. But how would Castro's death trigger a cigar boom?

I wouldn't jump the gun here. It might be the beginning of the end, but I think the Castros have some steam left. Even if Fidel bit it today his brother would be able to hold off a transition of goverment for a few years at least of not longer. I'd advocate stocking up anyway, but that's just because more ciagrs are better than less cigars :lol:

cigar booms are good and bad.

i need a new humidor. a bigger one. one that can be full before the embargo is lifted. one that will last me through the boom.

in thoery it will be a CUBAN boom. the price of cubans will go through the roof. but every other one is being passed over for a cuban. this will drive the price of those down. ...im trying to think happy thoughts.

I'm telling ya, check out the article link posted above, I think it sparks some interesting thoughts....

I think it will cause another whole boom in general....There are a lot of issues that will be at hand with the end of the embargo, families going back to reclaim their land, reconditioning the soil.....Then comes supplying not only the European demand for Cubans, but the United States, which will be hard. So the prices wil def. go up. And today the condition of other growing regions' tobacco is superior quality, so then we'll see Cuban hybrids.....

I smoked one, Cuban wrapper and Dominican Binder and filler, it was GOOOOD!...So if it's a look into the future I think it's at least a bright look!

Thor, Interesting article. Makes me wonder how the rights will turn out. Would the old families return to Cuba and take back what was threes before the revolution. Would there be Cubans with a Connecticut wrapper, or dominican wrappers. IS the American palate not able to tolerate a full blown Puro, when most are Maduro junkies. there could be some fantastic Cigars coming out of this

They will be fantastic!! I couldn't imagine how thye could taste bad, that is if they are made by the right manufacturer. :D

As was stated earlier this morning on the news, If Fidel were to meet his demize and his brother Raul is in charge nothing would change as far as our government lifting any embargo or any dealings with Cuba. As long as there is a Castro is in charge the US will not have any dealings with Cuba. Another thought is that a look into history will show you that Fidels brother Raul was more ruthless than his older brother. This may be the start of the end of the Castro regime but unless there is a massive coup to over run Raul Castro after Fidel dies things will pretty much stay the same as they are today. My suggestion would be to get them where you can and smoke them when you have them.

I enjoyed the article. I can see why a boom on Cubans might be around the corner, but I dont see an NC boom hitting us. JMO

But...I will take everyones advice and continue to stock up!