The Big Smoke

Joined Jun 2006
502 Posts | 0+
Chester, NJ
If anyone else in interested in going, it's in NYC on November 21. Myself and some friends are getting tickets, and if anyone is interested in meeting up before the event for some adult beverages and smokes let me know. I believe we're doing the later of the two sessions on the day, November 21, 2006 Session II New York 7:30 - 10:00 pm. Just waiting for some slacker friends to make a decision and we'll purchase tickets.

Here's the link

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA ... S_NYC.html

I just registered for the Big Smoke in Las Vegas on November 3. No way I will be able to do two of these in one month.

Alright November 21, 2006 Session II New York 7:30 - 10:00 pm is the time and date that I will be attending. Don't know where we'll be going out prior to the event, but we will be somewhere, drinking & smoking something.

I knew they pulled the AC part of the event but did not know about the NYC....

Let me give some of my local buddies a call....

I'll be at the Big Smoke NYC.

Stop by the Oliva booth and say hi. It would be nice to put some faces to the names.

Motion123 said:
I knew they pulled the AC part of the event but did not know about the NYC....

Let me give some of my local buddies a call....

Yeah!! why did they stop doing ac? Smoke ban?

I'd love to get to NY during that time for a couple things....
however I will be at the Vegas Big Smoke

Well if anyone wants to meet up for an adult beverage and a smoke, we'll be there.

Only 5 days till the big smoke in NYC. I'm stoked to be home for break and even more stoked for the event. Anyone else going now?

At the one in Vegas, Padron gave out a Padron 1926 Serie 80th Anniversary Perfecto. Looks like an awesome cigar! Not sure if they're giving them out in New York too, but I'd go there if I were close enough.

Bulz said:
I'll be at the Big Smoke NYC.

Stop by the Oliva booth and say hi. It would be nice to put some faces to the names.

I'm sure that we'll be stopping by....everywhere...it's going to be amazing

wow guys, the Big Smoke NYC was insane. Boredatskewl and I met Bulz at the olivia booth. It was nice to put a face to the name. Awesome event, we came home with 42 cigars and some picks with the CAO girls. Boredatskewl has pics, they'll probably be up tomorrow.

Well the Big Smoke has come to a close, and what a night it was. Not having ever gone to one of these, I have to say that I was amazed at the scale of this event. I have never been to the Vegas one, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it was a good time. Last night Jim (laxjb1) and myself walked around in amazement. All said and done, we walked away with 42 sticks, smoked a bunch there, and drank untill they kicked us out. I apologize if this post is long but I have a few pictures and lots to say.

First, we can start off with a little eye candy...Not us, but the Flavourettes...myself being on the right, and Jim being in the middle...how he got himself there I don't know but I was jealous.

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_013.jpg

Now here's the one that you really want to see.....

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_014.jpg

CAO had a massive booth, taking up almost the whole back of one of the aisles with Frank Vincent from the Sopranos taking pictures and signing autographs, the flavourettes taking pictures and some behind the shades dancing. I have to say their marketing department is outstanding....when you got to the booth they gave you your cigar and said that if you smoked it down to the band, they would give you another one before you left. Everyone in the place was smoking the CAO Soprano. (what I didn't think of was grabbing a few bands and scoring that CAO Hat deal.....)

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_010.jpg

While we were there we met Michael Cusano, from......well Cusano. With him we talked about the C10 which he convinced me to smoke immediately, and he also revealed that we should be on the lookout for some new things in the near future....namly the Cuvée Grand. From what I hear Alex should be recieving these shortly...If I remember correctly, they're supposed to be more full bodied than the C10...amazing. While we were there we managed to score 2 of the Paired Maduro, and 2 of the C10, one of which we smoked there. Excellent smoke.

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_005.jpg

After wandering around a little longer, we headed to the Oliva booth where we met Bulz(between Jim & I), and a couple other great fellas. We also learned of a Cigar Lounge, fumé, in Montrlair, NJ that I will be checking out int he near future. Here we scored 2 of the Serie O and a Master Blend 3.

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_015.jpg

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_007.jpg

Here's a look at the Ashton Booth

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_011.jpg

The punch booth was pretty cool, I got to be in my own Cigar ad.

PunchAd.jpg

We also got to take a look at the Cigar in a Bottle. I didn't take a picture of the display they had there because there was just too many people there to get a good one, but here's the flyer that I picked up

cigarinthebottle.jpg

The amount of people there was unreal. You could barely walk in most places around the room. I hope that next year they use a bigger venue, unless we won't be able to smoke there. The good part was that most people got in, ran around and got all of their cigars, and then left. Towards the end, it was much easier to talk to the exhibitors.

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_008.jpg

Now here's the best part.......

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_016.jpg

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_017.jpg

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_018.jpg

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_019.jpg

BigSmoke-2006-11-21_020.jpg

All in all it was a pretty insane night. I had a lot of fun, and learned a lot as well. Now I just have to do alot of smoking because I don't think that this is all going to fit in the humi....ha ha

laxjb1 said:
wow guys, the Big Smoke NYC was insane. Boredatskewl and I met Bulz at the olivia booth. It was nice to put a face to the name. Awesome event, we came home with 42 cigars and some picks with the CAO girls. Boredatskewl has pics, they'll probably be up tomorrow.

Did they give out the Padron 80th perfecto there? If so, I will commence with my jealousy now.

acharpe said:
Did they give out the Padron 80th perfecto there? If so, I will commence with my jealousy now.

they did not give them out, but I dropped my business card in the humidor in hopes of winning a box of them....

we got the Padron 2000