The Edge Counterfeits

Joined Sep 2007
626 Posts | 1+
In my Mack truck somewhere in a Chicago suburb smo
Has anyone seen these or know about them...apparently Rocky Patel actually makes these and burns "Counterfeit" right onto the logo of the box...I don't get the gimmick...what's the difference between these and the regular Edge?

Yeah, I saw that in the new C.I. cataloge. Supposidly the Edges were being counterfitted so he in turn made a "counterfit" to compete with those. Who knows?????

Dustin

different rollers? is that all? i thought that since there was a cost difference it was because they were edge seconds.

So it's exactly the same cigar? If i handed you one of each, you would not tell the difference in taste or construction?

Why counterfeit a Rocky Patel cigar? Not like you can't find them any time you would want one.

that's why i dont get the gimmick...rocky makes these himself... :dunno:

I think WilliamDubya's right. I know they're made in Nicaragua and Honduras, I just don't quite recall which is made where.

I've got a box I got from a special. I haven't done a head-to-head comparison, but they taste just like a normal edge to me and I haven't noticed any flaws in construction. Effectively they're the same thing, except that the counterfeits haven't gotten bands yet. They're just boxed up unbanded and naked.

cutter said:
Why counterfeit a Rocky Patel cigar? Not like you can't find them any time you would want one.

rocky counterfitted his own cigar. these are rolled in nicaragua not honduras. they are $20 cheaper than the "real" edge (per box) . same filler and blend.
i think he just did it because the demand was so high.

I talked to CI...they said totally same cigar, tobaccos, construction, would not be able to tell the difference, simply different rollers...so affectively, if you had an intimate relationship with the Honduras rollers, you might be able to tell the "Counterfeits" because its a Nicaragua roller...that's it.... :D

I talked to him about this at an event a few months ago. He seemed really exited about it. I didn't get the whole gimmick but I has people buying them and that's all that matters.