The joy of discovery...

Joined Sep 2007
626 Posts | 1+
In my Mack truck somewhere in a Chicago suburb smo
I must say....just as there is a difference between "dept store" or "gas station" cigars...the same goes for pipe tobacco...in a big, big, way. I recently recieved my 2oz sampler from Cornell&Diehl, and wow. Stronger, much tastier, with no unpleasant tastes, spicier, yet cooler on the tongue. I've been smoking out of a corn cob pipe for now. Maybe after the winter lay-off, I'll get the ok to grab up some decent pipes...this is definitely something I enjoy, and my cigars are receiving some well deserved aging in the process. I could get used to enjoying both very easily...and the fact that I'm allowed to smoke a pipe in the house...'nuff said there...

Just wait till the pipe tobacco ages. It can get down right sublime! BTW what did you get in your sampler? Great tobacco and great folks to deal with.

Sam

#412A
Purple Cow
Robusto
#309 (printer cut off bottom of 9, but im pretty sure its a nine)

That's one more than I thought he was sending me...got 6 instead of 5...I even discussed CigarStudent.com with him...nice guy.

I'm really liking #412A, and oh man Purple Cow puts me in my place.....and #451 is a spice bomb!

past the edit time...

but #309 I can't figure out...is that apricot? I can't really tell..but it's nice as well.

Nothing quite like the joy of smoking a pipe. Glad your finding the exp so pleasing 8)

Where did you get the samples you rave on?

Would like to try some others that don't BURN the tounge up.

Got a link where you got the samples?

Thanks.

much like a cigar you can smoke a pipe too fast. this could cause a bite or burn. try slowing down a bit. If you are smoking a "wet" tobacco then give it some age. it could help too.

Re: Where did you get the samples you rave on?

wd0bcx said:
Would like to try some others that don't BURN the tounge up.

Got a link where you got the samples?

Thanks.

http://www.cornellanddiehl.com/

call him...really nice guy

but kuzi is right, how fast or furious you smoke has a lot to do with tongue bite...but good tobacco helps too...