The Nub

Joined Feb 2006
2K Posts | 3+
Kelvin's House
I have been totally intrigued by this cigar. I feel that it has been marketed perfectly. so I had to get a smapler to give it a try.

the reasoning behind this cigar Sam Leccia Says is to get to a sweat spot in the cigar right away, We will see.

I am going with the 466 habano wrapper. it is actually a 4 X 66 torpedo shaped cigar. while it is a HUGE ring I prefer this shape in most cigars.

I clipped the end at an angle, I do this on all torpedos as the Colonel had showed me while he was in Yuma. I was told and find it true that it lets out more flavors. I am not sure why but it surely does.

Prelight:
Honestly shocked me. It was quite Barnyardy, A common trait in Cuban cigars but not found in many NC's

Draw:
Perfect. A touch to the tight side, Not tight just firm, just the way that I like it.

Light:
this is the interesting part on this cigar. IT IS HARD TO LIGHT. I took almost 7 minutes to get this going, as I light in my hand.

1 third.
WOW.... Spice and strong. I feel not taste the spiciness on my tongue. I think this reminds me of a Corojo wrapper with the spice that I am getting. Almost a underling flavor of clove. it is hard to place but there. TONS of smoke.

Burn is a bit uneven but nothing to worry about yet. a slight crack in the wraper I think is just cause they have not been resting long enough. the spicyness is gone and a delightful earth flavor has come out.

sorry for the many posts as I have many thoughts on ths cigar.

it is a densely packed cigar, and is evident by the incredibly tight ash. conctruction is flawless.

2 third.
Spiciness is there in just a hint, just pure earth now. An incredible mouth feel, a creamy coating in my mouth. I am really enjoying this cigar. Burn is now perfect and the slight crack has been burned away.

last third.

A great earth flavor with a coffe like finish. Not many changes but a great cigar none the less.

I have to give this cigar a solid 3 on the 6 point scale. I am for sure going to pick up a box of these, I just want to smoke the other lines to see what I like the best. It is going to be hard to beat the Habano wraper.

Barcochris said:
kuzi16 said:
what was the burn time on it?

68 minutes

WoW...Much longer than I thought. It was my understanding that they were tring to create a smoke that would take 30-45 min and capture the best part of the cigar.
Do you know if B&M's will get these or if it is an online order only?

I don't think you could get this to burn that fast and not have it burn hot. I work on being a slow smoker but I kept a good pace on this baby.

I thought the it will be released to B&M's just the ones that I talked to said it will be another week or so before they are released.

Nice...I am looking forward to trying one.
In your opinion, does it live up to the massive amount of hype is has received?

B128thopen said:
Nice...I am looking forward to trying one.
In your opinion, does it live up to the massive amount of hype is has received?

Tough call. It was a good cigar, I am not sure it lives up to all the hype but I am not a huge NC smoker and I really liked it a lot

Nice review Chris. I picked up a few of the Cameroon wrapper Nubs down in FL. I think I'll fire one up tonite.

I smoked the Cameroon last night. I was not that impressed with it at all. For me at least it had muted flavors, I kept waiting for it to heat up but never did. I paired it with water as usual and Just did nothing for me. I was disappointed, I really wanted to like it. I am going for the connecticut this weekend.

That is disapointing to hear. The camaroon was the one that I really wanted to try.

DL

I just got a new catalog in the mail the other day and Drew estates has made a cigar very close to this cigar by look and size anyway.

I tried the 466 Habano Nub yesterday before hitting the links for an outing.

Pre-light draw was perfect - just a little odd because the ring size was huge. Very nice looking cigar - sharply marketed. The wrapper is dark.

It took a little longer to light than the average cigar because of the massive foot. Once lit it was filled with smoke on the first draw. The first third was milder than I had expected. The taste is earthy with nutty notes in it. The burn is razor sharp - the ash is hanging on nicely. I really think that I can stand it up on the ash like the picture.

The second third is more of the same - very mild and smooth - with the same earthy, nutty notes. The ash is ridiculously strong, I am waving the cigar around and 2.5" of ash will not shake off. The burn is very nice and the smoke is billowy.

The last third again is the same as the first two - no changes noted. It is ridiculous with the size of the ash - there is about 3/4 of an inch left and the rest is all ash. Still a great burn.

Overall a pretty good cigar - I would give it a 7.5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I just received a Nub sampler. The Habano 466 is included. I am really waiting to try the Camaroon 466 Box Press. It was in the sampler as well. These things are massive!

DL

Dustinl said:
I just received a Nub sampler. The Habano 466 is included. I am really waiting to try the Camaroon 466 Box Press. It was in the sampler as well. These things are massive!

DL

What site did you order your sampler from, DL?

Sent you an email, Connor. i don't want to ruin a suprise for anyone.

DL