This mornings Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll be at that stage soon, Brenda. I give Capt a month. In about a year he'll quit the firehouse business and open his own shop. Capt's House Afire Coffee House!!!

Bloof, you are a @*#%*&@ GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I am selling my current business, I have been looking into something else. Maybe this will be the ticket!!!

Capt said:
Bloof, you are a @*#%*&@ GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I am selling my current business, I have been looking into something else. Maybe this will be the ticket!!!
Coffee shops are the way to go. The profits are amazing.

And, I know I try to shop local as much as possible (there are other folks just like me.) Your shop would give folks an alternative to Charbucks.

http://www.momandpopcoffee.com/

I have been trying to figure out the logistics for a coffee/smoke shop!!.. go figure :D I think they would have to be seperated somehow, so as not to alienate the nonsmoking coffee customers.... hhmmm

Todays coffee was a press pot of African Safari. Very earthy, light acidity, but lacks body. I thought this dark roast would be less acidic, but I am still happy with it.

I have been searching SERIOUSLY for a roaster. If I am going to do this, I am going all the way. No cheap junk here! I want quality. :lol:

Spider - I've thought about that too - my best ideas have revolved around a two story shop - the first floor was smoke free and had the coffee bar, cash registers, etc. The second floor would be all windows along one wall (if you've got a good view for them) and would have a pool table, several smaller tables for 4 people or so, and several couches/comfy chairs. The humidor would be located up here as well along with a single uni-sex restroom.

I'll do something like this some day - don't know if Pittsburgh is the right place for it though...

Woke up early again this morning, got up to an already brewed pot of 8 o'clock. The wife and I really enjoy this coffee, especially for an everyday brew. I knew I had a department staff-command meeting this morning, so I was sure I brought some Kauai Peaberry for the press to keep me awake. I got to work, ground and steeped the coffee and got into the meeting. I ended up drinking the whole carafe-full, never offering it up to ANYONE, including the Chief... :lol:

Scott, I will have to admit, while most guys can't stand their Chief, I think ours is one of the best. He is just like us, he likes his cigars and cocktails. I usually give him a handful of cigars a month. He is still young, and lets us run our shifts the way we feel is the best way. The only time he steps in, is when there is a higher form of administration needed. Other than that, he is fun to hang out with outside of work, doesn't like to talk "shop". Great guy in my book!

Thats great, my Supervisor is like that too, always ready to "pop the trunk" on the 6th floor off the parking garage after work to have a drink with the fellas. He never likes to be called "Sir", and every time the Warden gives a BS order, he tells us not to do it! In the Summer, he always brings in the grill and makes us steaks on the grill. What a great guy!

This morning I am having a nice black cup of Tanzania Peaberry. What a wonderful coffee. No bitterness at all. Hint of sweet "bright" taste. It feels nice and thick in the mouth (I do not care for "thin" coffee, for that I drink tea) This coffe is great with my c.com Cuban Label :D I would definitley recommend this coffee to anyone who has not yet tried it.
~S

I'm going to have to try that one again. Thanks for the reminder, Spider. Maybe I didn't give that one enough of a chance in the past.

Coffee this morning was a Kauai Peaberry, again! I made it in the auto-grinding-drip, but it doesn't seem to have much substance as it does in a press. I was thinking about going out and picking up a few new bags of coffee beans today. Not sure what I want yet.....

This morning, I had 1/2 Regular Organic Fair Trade House blend (from a local Co-Op) and 1/2 Kirkland (costco brand) Fair Trade decaf house. It was brewed in the Autodrip. This half-caf is strong and I'm not really noticing a difference.

I drink 2 large coffees from Breuggers Bagels every work day. One in the morning, one after lunch (I bought the bottomless mug - free refills for a year for only $125 or approx 20 cents a cup)

Getting home from work brings the added bonus of being able to have a nice cup of REAL coffee - last night was the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, yesterday was the remaining African that Capt sent.

I'm looking forward to the next group pass!

Ok, you can laugh if you want, but am I the only one here who still likes flavoured coffee's? I have done the Greenmountain columbian and had some freshly roasted stuff form some people. But for the price I really enjoy french vanilla flavoured coffee as my go to in the morning. For just 3.99 a pound, I really enjoy it. Ok you can stop laughing now. :oops:

phisherman said:
I have done the Greenmountain columbian and had some freshly roasted stuff form some people. But for the price I really enjoy french vanilla flavoured coffee as my go to in the morning.

Hey, you drink what you like. Nobody can tell you what's best for you, what your taste buds enjoy. Never be ashamed to drink what makes you happy. Anyone who mocks you for it is a snob (or a jerk).

Status
Not open for further replies.