This mornings Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capt ain't nobody's fool. You think he's going to mess with her? He knows a good thing when he's got it. If they go out in the pouring rain with lightning striking two feet away from them, and she says . . .

"my honey, what an absolutely WONDERFUL day this is! Let's go to the park and throw a frisbee around," you know he'd BETTER say . . .

yes, dear. He knows what side his bread is buttered on. Very astute guy, that Capt.

And I'm going to get my morning coffee ready. It'll be a Freedom Press of La Minita from Costa Rica.

Had a nice blend this morning; 3 scoops of Kenya AA with one Bolivan Organic. Nice mix but I think it would be better as just the Kenya AA; that is one good coffee.

I agree. I tried to buy a pound yesterday from the Oren's location at 58th and Madison in Manhattan. I had to relieve my disappointment by settling for a pound of La Minita, since they only had about a half pound of the Kenya AA. That's a coffee which is so good and unique, one may wish not to mess with it by creating a blend. I'll have to check the Grand Central Terminal location of Oren's, because it's been a while since I had Kenya AA.

Bloofington said:
Capt ain't nobody's fool.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't tell her how beautiful she is. Everyday with that woman is a blessing. Plus, she makes good coffee!!!! :lol:

Well, the beauty is obvious, the good coffee thingy is a huge plus, and if she has one tenth of the character that you have always said she has, then she is indeed a blessing from God. She is also a rarity at that. Today's American woman just ain't like her, that's for sure.

That tanzanian peaberry is really good, even my wife likes it (and she only likes stuff that has a name brand on it, and usually some french vanilla flavoring). I had a cup of that this morning for my drive into work. Really good stuff. But I think that the more coffee I am adding, the weaker it is getting. I really need to get a burr grinder for some even grinds. Either that or my taste buds are just getting very used to stong coffee and I can't taste it any more.

All Kenya AA. I am really starting to like this coffee.

I also had a big mug of Dunkin Donuts original. This coffee is full of flavor, but not clean tasting like all of the coffee that I received in the coffee pass. Its just not the same.

Personally, I prefer the way Green Mountain used to roast their Kenya AA back in the early 90's. Everyone nowadays does the dark roast, or "full city" roast, that patented Charbucks phrase, and I think there are plenty of coffees out there that could actually stand a much lighter roast. If anyone's ever had light to medium roasted Kenya AA out there, then you know it tastes like red wine, an extremely interesting coffee in that state. It's still a great coffee when dark roasted, but loses its uniqueness when dark roasted.

I lament the days when Charbucks took over the nation's mind set about coffee. It was a lot more interesting back in '91, when I first got into real coffee, instead of the instant or pre-ground canned crapola that I call "supermarket coffee." Back then, people actually dared to light roast certain coffees. If anyone out there does any home roasting, try a light roast on your Kenya AA. Come back and tell me if you dig the red wine thingy. :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

I don't roast my own, but if anyone wants to send me some light-roasted Kenya AA, I'd be glad to pay any costs associated with it

Brewed up some Costco brand "Kirkland" coffee. Half decaf/halfcaf. Good stuff and a great value.

Brenda,

Do you do the half decaf to cut down on caffeine or because you like the taste of the combination?

cybrus said:
Brenda,

Do you do the half decaf to cut down on caffeine or because you like the taste of the combination?
I'd prefer just the regular but, my better half can't deal with all that caffeine

:shock: :hypercolor: :rock: :hypercolor: :shocked: :hypercolor: :eek: :hypercolor: :eek:mg:

I didn't have time to make coffee at home.

Today was the first day I've tried the coffee my boss ordered (she took over making the coffee orders this month.) I didn't brew it so, I'm not sure how much coffee they used. I'm totally bummed. The coffee tastes just like my dad makes it (and, that's not a good thing.) It's like dirty water. Smells like coffee, looks like coffee but, it' waaaaaaaay too weak.

This is what I get for waking up late. :banghead:

Grrr - must get a grinder/french press for the office.

I had Bruegger's Hazelnut coffee (Bruegger's is a bagel place) - I'm not usually a flavored coffee person, but their french roast just isn't that good.

cybrus said:
Grrr - must get a grinder/french press for the office.
:bigidea: Brilliant! cybrus, I do have my own stash in my office! Hooooray! I've got the whole set up. How could I forget? I'm off to make some wonderful coffee. . . :bolt:

Ahhhh. . . Fresh, hot, New Guinea coffee, black. I'm waking up, now. Wow, I guess my brain doesn't work on all six until I've had a real cup of coffee.

Let this be a lesson to all you folks that have crappy coffee at work. Take your own coffee, grinder and single coffee maker (plastic & metal filter w/cup.) You too can avoid making the same mistake I did.

Ah, sure, rub it in, Brenda!

Heh - actually, I would do that except for the awesome deal I get from Bruegger's. For $125 I get a large travel thermos and I get free refills for the entire year. So, I go twice a day for a decent cup of coffee. But, once they stop offering that deal, I'll probably end up doing the french press in the office.

I keep a small blade grinder, medium size press and a HUGE stash of coffee at work. I usually brew a thermos full after lunch, to get me over the mid-day hump.....

Bobberrific said:
Brenda said:
Wow, I guess my brain doesn't work on all six until I've had a real cup of coffee.

Only got a 6 under there??? I've got a nice v8 8)

Had some more ethiopian yirgacheffe after dinner

V8? Wow! I'm lucky if my weed eater doesn't have more engine power than me some days

Status
Not open for further replies.