This story brought tears to my eyes

Joined Mar 2005
871 Posts | 0+
South Florida
So I must share with you all. The Marines here will find this particularly moving as well.

Little Thelma comes home from first grade and tells her father that they learned about the history of Valentine's Day. And, "Since Valentine's Day is for a Christian saint and we're Jewish," she asks, "Will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"

Thelma's father thinks a bit, then says "No, I don't think God would get mad. Who do you want to give a valentine to?"

"Osama Bin Laden" she says.

"Why Osama Bin Laden?" her father asks in shock

"Well," she says, "I thought that if a little American Jewish girl could have enough love to give Osama a valentine, he might start to think that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little bit. And if other kids saw what I did and sent valentines to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And then! ... he'd start going all over the place tell everyone how much he loved them and how he didn't hate anyone anymore."

Her father's heart swells and he looks at his daughter with newfound pride. "Thelma, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."

"I know," Thelma says, "and once that gets him out in the open, the MARINES could blow the sh*t out of him."

I got this as an e-mail just yesterday.

I LOVE it!!!!!!

:lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

Good one!!!

Here is a story that brought tears to my eyes. It was about the third week of september 2001 and I was at Fort Mchenrey at the inner harbor md. When you get to the Fort, the National Park Service has a movie presentation about the history of the Fort and the battle that took place there the night Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. At the end of the presentation they started to play our National Anthem as the giant curtains slowly opened. Right outside the window flying high was the American Flag. There was not a dry eye in that room. To this day I cannot hear the Star Spangled Banner without getting choked up.

The whole experience hit me very hard. A week before, as I stood at the pile of ground zero on 9/11, I was looking at the flag poles and noticed they were all still there with the exception of the American Flag. This was very disturbing to me as I felt it must have been someones job to remove it. Then I turned to my right and saw the Flag hanging off of a light stanchion a half block away through the dust and smoke, I was relieved beyond words. You may have seen the pictures of this as it was raised there by FDNY(I have a time life poster of it).

As with the little girl in the joke, we must never forget!!!

I decided to share this story with my wife tonight. Her responce: "Right On!!" Go get 'em Marines!!

Besides my family, the people in this world that I have the MOST respect for are the men and women who serve in the US military.

Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for letting me live the life I live. I cannot thank these people enough. The events of 9/11 drove home this to me. I regret not serving.

Carduus said:
Besides my family, the people in this world that I have the MOST respect for are the men and women who serve in the US military.

Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for letting me live the life I live. I cannot thank these people enough. The events of 9/11 drove home this to me. I regret not serving.

Amen to that my friend. Amen to that!